Did anyone notice?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Granddad

Does anyone know what has happened to Noel Leighton?. The few times I have seen him he looked quite promising but doesn't even make the bench.
SUSSEX DAGGER

I was complaining last season when we played probably our best two Centre backs out of posistion,Robson and Pennell and watch game after game pass us by whilst we kept faith with Locko in that dismal run we had from November.

This is nothing new is it,could not work it out then and find it even more puzzling now.

This week we made a massive signing if he did not see our limitations whilst on the pitch Saturday then he surely dud last night and you could not blame,him if he is thinking oh my god what have I done.
Diggerthedog

Lokko is rumoured to be one of the new signings........

Haae a listen to the audio with Taylor on the Dagenham post website, embarrassing to say the least.

http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... -1-5749263
BB-Dagger

Sounds to me like he is feeling the pressure, and if Lokko returns .... I'm not to sure what to put down!
nah can't be true can it (he says checking the calendar in case its 1st April already)
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:19 pm Lokko is rumoured to be one of the new signings........

Haae a listen to the audio with Taylor on the Dagenham post website, embarrassing to say the least.

I don't like to see anyone lose their job, but surely it's time for him to go now.
Alan

For someone who doesn’t like to see anyone like to lose their job, you have a surprising habit of suggesting they should (John Still, now Taylor).
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:19 pm Lokko is rumoured to be one of the new signings........

First we get Wayne Burnett tactics now we get Wayne Burnett interviews. Time for Taylor to go.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sounded more like the beloved John Still tactics to me who was not adverse seeing games with a tottally diffrent pair of eyes then those watching..

He had no excuses with the budgets he was given at least Taylor and Burnett had that .

STANTON was arguing weeks ago that the Manager was not up to it and I argued things could only improve.

Sadly things,have got worse and are getting worse by the game.

Sounds as if we spent a large sum on this New Forward but he can't do it on his own and god only knows who we have in advance positions that can enable him to shine,

Keeping a settled team is a must.

A defence of Nunn Pennell Goodliffe and Gordon with an above average Keeper would be a good start8ng position. Ok he has not been helped by Goodlife two sending off.

Mumms Robinson Angelo with another Wide men or Centre Forward would surely be enough against most teams in this League.

It ain't hard surely when teams turn up here with the limitations of Femi who walks straight into their team .

Ok he is a decent honest player but he is hardly a World beater and he gets into a team that tottally undressed us.

Good grief when you think about it becomes even worse the more you think about it.
stanton101

Alan wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:55 pm For someone who doesn’t like to see anyone like to lose their job, you have a surprising habit of suggesting they should (John Still, now Taylor).
Only if they can't do the job they've been paid to do.
RM1Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:58 pm

First we get Wayne Burnett tactics now we get Wayne Burnett interviews. Time for Taylor to go.
Wouldn't be the first manager to get a bit snappy after a defeat. The point about Romaine is kinda valid because although he was probably our best player we were struggling to score with him in the team. Still, I'd have rather had him replaced before he actually went.
Now the SE27 Dagger
ARNU

Lokko was at the game last night,nearly ran us over on the way out.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:57 pm Lokko was at the game last night,nearly ran us over on the way out.
What is more worrying is I am reliably informed Johnny Hoof was also there Arnu. He must have been loving what he saw aimless balls punted upfield.

Interesting month ahead . Barnet want more then 12th on the money he has spent and with a sniff of another budget he is more akin to wasting, dont anybody tell me he or we wouldnt
Alan

Lokko probably got lost trying to find whoever he was supposed to be marking down at Dover and wandered in by mistake.
Daggerfrom70s

dagger4eva wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:39 pm Taylor and Harris for that fact, both stood in the dugout area looking lost, out of ideas, and frankly out of all fu*ks.

On the pitch was yet more negative, boring, hopeless "football".... from us at least!

I think Mullins had his Chris Dickson moment tonight. His substitution got the biggest cheer of the night, only to spend a good minute or so sarcastically clapping the crowd at full time. Id be amazed if he ever played for the club again. Utter carthorse.

2 shots on target plus a penalty in 180 mins - is clearly pathetic.

The real question is, even if our American friends are willing to spend the dosh to try get us out of this situation, should Taylor be given the chance to be the man to do it?? Im not so sure, but after tonight I wouldnt be surprised if he was to walk before being pushed.
Sacked by Dagenham & Redbridge is something im certain he doesnt want at the end of his CV.
[/quote
From listening to the interviews on YouTube I think Taylor has his way of playing and won't change that. Not sure what input Terry Harris has into how the team plays. I compare Taylor a bit like Hoddle was when he managed and it only worked for him when he was able to pick himself to play. There is a need to be more pragmatic and tough out a few results but It doesnt appear that is gonna happen. The criticism about hoofball doesnt apply when points are being picked up. If they cant actually play football why persevere with the current system. Taylor is showing his lack of experience at this level and it seems like the 'boys' that were signed when money was tight haven't grown up to compete. Balanta is a good signing but there needs to be at least one more, certainly up front.