Signing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Decent player - didn’t do a lot Saturday, must have been quite odd for him knowing he was coming.
Dr Monkatron

A very shrewd signing. Was excellent for Boreham Wood since signing for them in 2016. Exactly the type of experience to blend into this young team.
NBDag

Interesting reading on the Borehamwood website about this. Their chairman claims we had already submitted two offers which they rejected. However we then reached an agreement where we waived our 20% sell on fee for Morgan to Walsall. Balanta then initially turned down the chance to talk to us, but that beautiful bastard Nunny went and called him and convinced him to lend us an ear.

Let’s hope this takes us somewhere, well done Daggers. Very curious as to how much we have paid though.
Sagres

Substantial transfer fee according to B/Wood

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co. ... -dagenham/
Granddad

And he also coached Borings academy side which makes him a doubly great signing.
If he is the quality of player :thumbu: :thumbu: we a looking at can't wait for the next batch of announcements and a hearty three cheers to all concerned.
Diggerthedog

Very good signing, two or three more like that and I will be confident of staying up.
DevonDagger

Obviously like many I am intrigued as to what Mr Hunter considers a 'considerable' fee.

It's good to see the new owners are putting the money where their mouth is, I am pleased to see we intend on recruiting some players able to keep us in this division and hopefully beyond some day.

I am not sure how many we new players we intend to sign, but I don't have a tremendous desire for us going back to spending enormous sums of money as we did under Hopkin, we must have faith in the new owners but the memories of even wondering whether we will have a club are still alive and we all know it happened due to a big overspend.

Something though had to be done to help the squad we have, we do have some hidden gems I feel amongst them but time wasn't really on our side. It's right to make a couple of additions but I hope we don't start losing £2million per annum as Ebbsfleet did/are(?).
Diggerthedog

Gone have the times of competing in this league without serious investment. Macclesfield did a Leicester last season, top few at the moment bar Solihull all have money now.
Alan

Problem now is that once word gets out that you’re willing to pay (see Borehamwood’s statement) and so the prices and wages go up exponentially.
dagger4eva

A massively positive signing this... need a good two or 3 more of his ilk, in amongst most of what we already have and we MAY just have a shout of dragging ourselves to safety.
Dagdale

Well pleased and quality player with a good eye on goal in him, well done to all involved, seen this guy a fair bit and on good day thought he wasn't far behind Andrade, he's the sort of player we've really needed.
EssexDagger!

Over the moon with this signing!! Didn’t see this one coming either!! Him, Ferrier and Andrade for B.Wood were arguably the best front 3 in the league last season, so it’s nice to have somebody of his ability, especially amoung our rookie squad...
As a few of you mentioned already , another 3 or 4 over the next few months would be fantastic & gives us a serious chance of staying up.

Pretty sure Balanta got the winner against us on the opening day back in August too...

Ps: special thank you to our skipper for making the effort and picking the phone up to convince him to sign! Captain Duties!!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Good signing and will make him the bet Striker at Club. Why would the former best Striker feel that he had no future here then ?

On that basis alone you have to feel there is more to come .
Mark

He's a great player but I wonder where we'll play him. He's more a winger or floating player but I thought that sort of role was earmarked for Munns. Could play Balanta wide in a 3 with Munns in the midfield but a little light on defensive abilities.