Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Do you want Taylor in or Out

In
28%
Out
72%

Total votes: 64
Lcbdagger

Understand the sentiment but if we are (even remotely seriously) deciding our future direction on how many points we take off of Wrexham, given our recent form then we are as good as finished... Much the same as deciding it hinges on the Christmas period with Orient, Barnet and Salford to play.

The team that played Gateshead could play Wrexham 100 times and would get points in maybe two or three of those games
EssexDagger!

Think we missed a trick when Billericay sacked Harry Wheeler IMO, young hungry up & coming manager, Think Maidstone have played a blinder nabbing him.
Mike the Dagger

EssexDagger! wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:20 pm Think we missed a trick when Billericay sacked Harry Wheeler IMO, young hungry up & coming manager, Think Maidstone have played a blinder nabbing him.
There wasn't a vacancy.
leewilson

I wasn't convinced when we appointed him. His record in recent times backs that up.

Worryingly, we seem to have got worse since the takeover has gone through. Although we've been in games up to the last 2-3, I feel we're fortunate even to have 9 points. If we hadn't have scored late against Braintree and Barrow, that league table would look a lot worse. We've not won a game comfortably yet. We've drawn a couple of games where we've scraped results. There is absolutely no way that this team with Taylor at the helm is getting near 40 points, let alone 50. There's not been enough improvement of the young players over the 15 games. He chops and changes too much. For a few weeks, Harfield will be in the team and then he'll vanish from the squad entirely for a few. That's happened to a few players. There's a lack of consistency in formation and personel and he doesn't know his best team, none of us do.

Despite the budget restraints, there will be managers out there who can get more from this group of players than Taylor is currently in my opinion. Coach he is, manager he isn't.

Has to go for me before we're already down. We took too long to sack Burnett and Still didn't have enough time to implement his way to keep us up. We'll inevitably make the same cock up again but I really hope we don't. I'll be surprised if we pick up any more than 3-4 points from our next 6 games. And then we'll really be in the shit.

He has to go....before it's too late.
EssexDagger!

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:49 pm
EssexDagger! wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:20 pm Think we missed a trick when Billericay sacked Harry Wheeler IMO, young hungry up & coming manager, Think Maidstone have played a blinder nabbing him.
There wasn't a vacancy.
There is still no vacancy now... but I’m pretty confident that the yanks probably more than likely already have a shortlist of managers lined up as a Plan B, if this horrid form was to continue.
Diggerthedog

Anyone want to change their minds can do so.
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:03 pm Anyone want to change their minds can do so.
Digger, you'd need a laser to get through to some on here and even then you'd struggle.
daggerfirst

OUT. He need’s to go.
Mike the Dagger

Bump!

Time for a recount????
ARNU

In. Give a man the tools he'll do the job.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Agree with Arnu.

We now need to put out on loan some of the youngsters to see if experience elsewhere will improve them, let Wright go back to Colchester, get Bellamy and Smith fit and look at what options there are for signing those loan players we want to keep, or to get them on season long loans as an alternative.
DagenhamDan

Everyone seems to be changing their tune now. How fickle football fans are. COYD.
A S dagger97

ARNU wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:58 pm In. Give a man the tools he'll do the job.
Here here!
I've been saying this since the poll came out.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
NBDag

DagenhamDan wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:18 pm Everyone seems to be changing their tune now. How fickle football fans are. COYD.
Think fickle is a strong choice in words. Think why most of us who wanted(?) Taylor out are happy to eat our words is because he’s actually started to win by changing the way we are set up, as we all wanted. Not like he’s proved us wrong with Wright in midfield, McQueen at the back and Mullins up top is it? But credit where credit’s due.

But let’s not get too ahead of ourselves, we have won 5 in the past 6 yet are somehow only 4 points clear. We aren’t anywhere near being safe yet, and looking at our fixtures in December it wouldn’t be out of the question if we find ourselves back in the bottom 4 come January. I suppose we just need to adopt a certain manager’s never-too-high attitude for the coming weeks.
DagenhamDan

I dunno tbh. I have thought even if we get relegated this season with everything that went on everyone would still be grateful that we still have a club. But we got a manager in who wants to be here and wanted to improve us and everyone wanted him gone in three months. So maybe impatient is the word but Im glad everyone is back to supporting him again.