Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Do you want Taylor in or Out

In
28%
Out
72%

Total votes: 64
Diggerthedog

Sorry but I don’t want this man to spend anymore of the budget, I have seen enough from his tactics to give me nightmares for weeks. The signing of the new striker from Maidstone finished me off. Thanks Peter for trying but it’s not happening for whatever reason.
Mike the Dagger

The new striker that scored on debut?

Give the guy a chance FFS!
Diggerthedog

If he was any good Maidstone would not have got rid and they are marginally better than us. I’ve seen artic lorries have a smaller turning circle. Watching the game yesterday he is clearly unfit for a professional footballer and quite frankly its unacceptable and a waste of a wage, to think we have another 6 months of it.
Alan

Or he didn’t fit in with the manager or how the manager wanted to play. Like when FGR let that beast keifer Moore go out on loan and then sold him for 10 grand.
Diggerthedog

Maidstone fans laughed when we signed him. He couldnt even jump yesterday must’ve been wearing lead boots. Yes admittedly some of the service was shocking but 5 or 6 times the centre backs were at least a foot higher than his attempt to jump.

Taylor was asked at the end why there were no strikers on the bench, his answer was that’s not why we lost. Him reacting to fans calls during the game was embarrassing. I really wished it was working out but it’s not and an early change is now needed.
Mark

We often sign players other similar sized clubs don't want. I think the criticism of him is very harsh personally. There were several occasions he held the ball up well and found a teammate but will admit there were also plenty of occasions where it bounced off him. He doesn't seem to muscle his defender much to get in position which means he doesn't win as much as he could in the air, but he also can't win balls in the air that are humped yards over his head. He's ploughing a lone furrow a lot because we are not very good. I don't think he's been great so far but he isn't the worst culprit by some distance.
ARNU

Yeah sack the bloke for being exactly where everyone was expecting him to be before the season started . Gone already are the days where 20th was an acceptable target. Where's the owners ? What they doing ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

Out.
Maybe when we're in the conference south, the penny I'll drop with some people.
Dagdale

That was pretty awful viewing yesterday, nobody forces us to travel great distances, getting up at the crack of dawn and at least hoping the team will give it a good go but should imagine the 54 of us there yesterday albeit at 90 minutes cut that down by half, would have wished we never left home. What does it say when to all of us in conversation on that corner pin reckon our 'Man of the match' was Jack Munns and what he was only on in the last 15 minutes! Early days no doubt but give him his credit he gave it a decent go, pumping in cross after cross down the left flank and doing something called taking a opposition player on but just nobody there to finish. I'm sure their goalie Pears didn't have one piece of work to do first half. Gateshead done the work and made good of our mistakes but yet again our opposition didn't come over anything special. First ten before they scored we were building up some good moves, obviously daggers sunk real low after two quick howlers, maybe coming thru second half on probably our best move forward clumsy referee would have played on when one of our players on the ball was impeded just outside the box that may have given us the incentive that could have turned the game for us, but deep down the game plan had already gone out of the window and what was hoping to be a decent away day or weekend was gone. This team don't get a very experienced team leader to guide these young lads further up the peg were be gone by the early New year!
EssexDagger!

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:20 pm Maidstone fans laughed when we signed him. He couldnt even jump yesterday must’ve been wearing lead boots. Yes admittedly some of the service was shocking but 5 or 6 times the centre backs were at least a foot higher than his attempt to jump.

Taylor was asked at the end why there were no strikers on the bench, his answer was that’s not why we lost. Him reacting to fans calls during the game was embarrassing. I really wished it was working out but it’s not and an early change is now needed.
Wasn’t at the game yesterday... how was he reacting to the fans calls? Our fans or Home fans??
Diggerthedog

Someone shouted out sort it out Taylor it’s rubbish, he turned around and guestured along the lines of what do you want me to do. I felt let down by his selection yesterday and last week. Contemplating missing next weeks game as Wrexham could really do us some damage. I’ve missed both of our wins so it might work out well in the end if I do miss it.
BB-Dagger

I’d like to think/hope that Peter Taylor knows his limits as far as working with a bunch of under performing kids, I’m not happy saying it but I do think he has to step aside, hopefully staying as coach in case the clubs who have sent players to learn under him decide to recall them leaving us with a small squad, not that anything is looking like it’s going to save us now from relegation.
Only a win against Wrexham will convince me otherwise.
stanton101

BB-Dagger wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:45 pm I’d like to think/hope that Peter Taylor knows his limits as far as working with a bunch of under performing kids, I’m not happy saying it but I do think he has to step aside, hopefully staying as coach in case the clubs who have sent players to learn under him decide to recall them leaving us with a small squad, not that anything is looking like it’s going to save us now from relegation.
It's not the wins against the top sides mate that's going to define our season. We simply have to take points off those around us if we're going to stay up. And at the moment it doesn't look like we can do either.
UniteDagger

I still would go with PT for now but the next 5 games for Dagenham are vital in staying up this season. we knew the situation at the beginning of the season but I personally didn’t think it was going to be this tough,I just can’t see Dagenham gaining points anytime soon without change in the team. I’ve been to the last 3 games and I’ve clearly seen we ain’t good enough. Xmas period will be here soon, Salford, orient x2 plus Barnet.. I cant see any points from them.
BB-Dagger

stanton101 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:32 am
BB-Dagger wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:45 pm I’d like to think/hope that Peter Taylor knows his limits as far as working with a bunch of under performing kids, I’m not happy saying it but I do think he has to step aside, hopefully staying as coach in case the clubs who have sent players to learn under him decide to recall them leaving us with a small squad, not that anything is looking like it’s going to save us now from relegation.
It's not the wins against the top sides mate that's going to define our season. We simply have to take points off those around us if we're going to stay up. And at the moment it doesn't look like we can do either.
Sorry I didn’t make that very clear, what I should have said was if we could win against Wrexham it would convince me we could at least put up a bit of a fight against other teams, I know also in reality this is extremely unlikely but we need to put in a performance to give the team some self belief and us supporters a few straws to clutch at.