Taking a leaf from Maidstone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

No....not the new striker - although he had all the presence of a leaf considering his stature.

This caught my eye: https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/ ... ed-190455/

Do we do the same?

Undoubtedly it won't happen under Taylor or else that's him admitting that he got the summer recruitment wrong. Which regardless of budget, I think he did. As said many times over the years, we've always been at our best when we've looked lower down the football pyramid to recruit those hungry, lost gems. Instead, we've largely looked at kids from academies with very little experience of actual mens football bar the odd few game loan. But that's another story.

Today was a joke in that we set up 3-5-2. You just have to read the message boards to see the pelters McMahon has got for reverting to a back 3 this season as they get overloaded so easily from wide. Today was crying out for our 4-3-3. I was actually gobsmacked when I saw we had matched up to their 3-5-2, almost simply to get the new striker in the XI. One of the poorest pieces of management I've seen for a long time.

Taylor has had constraints but I was never sold when he was appointed anyway. Personally, if I'm being brutally honest, I would sack him but i know many would disagree with that.

Out of the current squad, I would only keep Justham, Pennell, Gordan, Goodliffe, Davey, Hoyte, Nunn, Robinson, Romain and Kandi.
I can't comment on Munns and Bellamy yet.
The rest, I would happily bin. If it means i never have to watch Lamar Reynolds pretend to be a winger again or Harry Donovan pass straight to a defender/hit the first man from every corner, it would be worth the budget hit.
rebeldagger

leewilson wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:27 pm
Out of the current squad, I would only keep Justham, Pennell, Gordan, Goodliffe, Davey, Hoyte, Nunn, Robinson, Romain and Kandi.
The rest, I would happily bin. If it means i never have to watch Lamar Reynolds pretend to be a winger again or Harry Donovan pass straight to a defender/hit the first man from every corner, it would be worth the budget hit.
Without doubt, these players have been our betters so far this season, Roman and Gordon in particular run all day long, every game. I'm just hoping now that with the new singing, Romain has some one to pass to whom knows where the goal is!

I'd like to think we will be hearing something from the investors before Xmas, if not sooner, about our budget and whether we're likely to invest more into the squad this season.
stanton101

leewilson wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:27 pm No....not the new striker - although he had all the presence of a leaf considering his stature.

This caught my eye: https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/ ... ed-190455/

Do we do the same?

Undoubtedly it won't happen under Taylor or else that's him admitting that he got the summer recruitment wrong. Which regardless of budget, I think he did. As said many times over the years, we've always been at our best when we've looked lower down the football pyramid to recruit those hungry, lost gems. Instead, we've largely looked at kids from academies with very little experience of actual mens football bar the odd few game loan. But that's another story.

Today was a joke in that we set up 3-5-2. You just have to read the message boards to see the pelters McMahon has got for reverting to a back 3 this season as they get overloaded so easily from wide. Today was crying out for our 4-3-3. I was actually gobsmacked when I saw we had matched up to their 3-5-2, almost simply to get the new striker in the XI. One of the poorest pieces of management I've seen for a long time.

Taylor has had constraints but I was never sold when he was appointed anyway. Personally, if I'm being brutally honest, I would sack him but i know many would disagree with that.

I'd said sack him Lee, and got slated on here.
The uncle Alberts were in full cry, then you get the "I've supported the Daggers for 600 years" mob, saying he's had nothing to work with crap.
The trouble is they are so stuck in a time warp, they don't see the bigger picture, young fans of today won't pay good money to support a team that are basically a small step up from a pub side. And investors whether they be big or small are not going to throw money away. We simply have to stay up this year and seeing that Taylor has had more clubs than Tiger woods, he's not the man to do it. Great coach but appalling manager. I know people that have worked under him and they've all said the same thing.
Give the job to someone else.
Personally I think they're looking elsewhere already which is why they may be reluctant to free up any transfer funds for him, hence why we had longshanks up front yesterday. Let's face it he's hardly a ronaldo at finding the net and he's had more clubs as well.
Perhaps they can compare notes!