Non League Day

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Maybe it wasn’t her idea.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:08 pm Well their Marketing Manager did even better then i realised. If only we had somebody of her obvious,talents,...... oh I am hearing that we did .
According to their website their head of marketing is called Dave Toyn. Don't remember anyone of that name at our club.
Have a look at the list of admin staff they employ, it ain't short.
Probably why they can do stuff like this.
Auntie Merge

I think you’ll find that the Orient Marketing Manager, who had experience of several other local clubs, stopped being employed by Orient during the close season.
Daggernewbie

Adrian wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:28 pm
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:05 pm
Daggernewbie wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:32 pm

Sagres our club will never learn about getting extra people through the gate,everything has to be brought in advance why is it so hard to sell cheaper tickets on the day.
As was suggested to me Perrhaps Orient Marketing Manager told the Orient Board in her experiance restricting sales,to advance did not do much for the gates,. If you want to capitalise offer the discount onnthe day.

Now where did she learn that experiance I wonder ?)
Now I don't want to get in the way of the usual digs, but several of you seem to be missing a really important point.
The Orient game was sold out before Saturday. For it to be sold out before Saturday, all of the tickets must have been sold in advance. None were sold on the day.
Fair enough Adrian then our club should do the same and charge £5 not £10.
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:01 am
Adrian wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:28 pm
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:05 pm

As was suggested to me Perrhaps Orient Marketing Manager told the Orient Board in her experiance restricting sales,to advance did not do much for the gates,. If you want to capitalise offer the discount onnthe day.

Now where did she learn that experiance I wonder ?)
Now I don't want to get in the way of the usual digs, but several of you seem to be missing a really important point.
The Orient game was sold out before Saturday. For it to be sold out before Saturday, all of the tickets must have been sold in advance. None were sold on the day.
Fair enough Adrian then our club should do the same and charge £5 not £10.
Why? If the price had been halved would the number of people paying it doubled?
All previous experience suggests not.

I know this is a shocking suggestion, but maybe the people running the club sort of know what they're doing when it comes to setting prices for things like this.

Comparing what happened with our crowd to Oreint is pretty pointless.
They've got a bigger support base and are up at the top of the league. We don't and aren't.