Solihull

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

To all those going up tomorrow safe journeys to one and all.We will be on the 14.03 out of Euston to brum international and will walk round to the sports bar for some 🍺🍺🍺.
See ya up there and let’s pray for any result as they are flying! COYD
DevonDagger

Hopefully this time we won't require for a Jake Howells-style last minute goal directly from a corner!

Then again as you say Ian, Solihull seem on top form so perhaps any kind of point may well be acceptable.
I don't fancy the teams around us to pick up a tremendous amount of points, so could be a good change to move up a few places if we could nick it.
Strange season where anyone has beaten anyone so far, so who knows.
EssexDagger!

Yet another game we draw a blank... only 1 game in 13 now, we have managed to score more than 1 goal in a game! No matter how good your defence is, you can’t ask expect them to bail you out & win you points every weekend if your midfield/strikers are not contributing at the other end! Alex McQueen is our only midfield player to find the Net this season in 13 matches, not hard to see where the problem lies... hopefully we can get somebody in who knows where the goal is, before too many games have been ticked off! Reynolds,Adeloye,Leighton can’t seem to buy a goal for love nor money at the moment!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Did not get there until just on half time owing to a jam on the M40.

What i saw of it second half is that we were on top for a lot of it but simply had no idea in the last third.

Time and again we picked the wrong option ball going straight down the middle when more diagonal balls across their box was what was needed.

Altho I did not see the first goal.sounds like Pennell made a horlicks of a back header.

Certainly saw,the second which started in their box with Reynolds either not being strong enough or tottally bottling the challenge that was needed.

Two bad results but i am confident this can be turned around with a couple of right recruits. It is becoming obvious now where we need to recruit how long we wait to deal with this glaringly obvious weakness could determine our season
Alan

We are getting to the point where something has to be done or it will be too late. Are Bellamy and Munns ever going to be fit? Will they make a difference? Can we find a striker who can head a cross into the goal?

People have been very patient with this group of players because of the financial position that we were in. The question I guess, is what financial position are we in now? There’s no real clue as to the plans that the new majority shareholders have. If we are able to recruit, we need to get on with it before the well of goodwill runs dry.
DevonDagger

A very frustrating evening.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think Solihull are the best team I've seen us face this season so far - remarkable when you consider they were favourites to go down.

That said, the first half was very poor from us and very disappointing. I think they should have had a certain penalty and deserved to score when they did, even if the goal was down to an error rather than their good play.

Second half better. It's very easy to pick out we've drawn a blank in two games, but we had 2 or 3 easy chances in the first half alone against Eastleigh. Yesterday on the other hand I agree that we looked far less likely and rather the clear sights of goal as per Saturday, we only found ourselves getting into good positions but not testing the goalkeeper in any way.

I hope Tomi wasn't dropped, but I am going to assume he falls into the category of can't play two games that quickly as PT mentioned previously.

Out of curiosity, don't know if anyone can answer my curiosity:
Peter Taylor spent the majority (if not all) of half time sitting in the dugout alone while the players were in the dressing room.
I also didn't see him come across at the end of the game and finally the postmatch DaggersTV interview is with Terry Harris instead of PT for the first time this season.

All these can be individually explained but the first one in particular I find unusual, combined with the others makes hope nothing is amiss?