Barrow Away Rail Strike

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Northern Rail going to be badly affected by a Rail Strike on Saturday September 8th.

Lancaster to Barrow line going to be badly affected
Dagdale

So what's this mean Sussex mate? completely no line service between Lancaster to BIF the whole day? , or some sort of bus service and for someone whose familiar with that route its a good hour's train ride on that peninsula, a bus journey especially with a fairly late train is a non starter. There's a few of us concerned here, maybe it will become clearer next few days.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Don't know mate but looks lije it will be a very limited service. Anybody know,of any other ways to get from Lancaster be obliged if they can post
Auntie Merge

I have started a thread on the conference forum.
Hopefully you’ll get some serious answers.

http://www.theconferenceforum.co.uk/article/1249108
Dagdale

Nice one Merge, railway info guy just quoted me to ring back later in week, but slots I gave him from my advance tickets was an hour wait job from Lancaster and the one that should imagine most train guys were hoping for the 17.20 was cancelled and he wasn't even sure when the first one out after game was? Connecting Virgin train Lancaster back to London? Maybe like what happens beforehand in these situations just jump on any trains in your direction, ticket time slot will be waivered by guard.
SUSSEX DAGGER

I would abandon it Dagdale and go on Supporters Coach ,they are looking for additional numbers to make it viable.
Dagdale

Cant really as weighed in a fair bit of money on an advance rail ticket bought in July and being a September date positive weather wouldn't knock this for six, to be fair its a gamble I know and it ain't the first time, if that last leg outward and return pulls up a drawbridge, think ground hopping across from the back of the station to Lancaster City fc versus Trafford in a Cup game?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Think they will refund mate