Some good news at last

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
HGDagger

Maybe it was the Daggers Confederate Flag that attracted them to us? :grin:
NBDag

ARNU wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:22 pm With a bit of luck they're trump supporters and then the flags can return lol!

Joking aside,This is good news.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe that was the reason they became interested in us in the first place haha! Make Dagenham Great Again!

Not sure how I feel about overseas investors, but hey if they have the vision, commitment, honesty and money then let’s go for it.

You Darn Tootin’ Daggers
ARNU

At the risk of being a troll for stating facts......

I don't think we can pick and choose unless we are happy to watch Dagenham drop down the leagues and go out of business thru lack of support and therefore funds. A new owner putting up a few quid is vital. I like the spirit the boys are showing but how long can we keep losing and not expect people to turn their backs on the club ? This is good news even if it just guarantees the clubs existence but long term I dunno if I want to watch us any further down the leagues than this one. I am not alone.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Always believe in giving anybody a chance, seems' foreign investors' are coming into less profile clubs further down the pyramid last few years and looking at what that Middle Eastern guy has already been doing for Ebbsfleet United and what's in store there, true to his word his doing a splendid job. Soccer has taken off well in the States since they had the World Cup, if it succeeds maybe were get the best American diner in non League!
Daggerman

Perhaps if it’s a film company who are investing, the first local production could be about a local businessman who shits on a local club, can call it “revenge is a dish best served cold”
matt_drfc

Understandable that some are reserving judgement right now. But I’m sure the board have made a good decision here, these people aren’t Steel Fabricators or Car Salesmen. I’m confident we’ll be in safe hands and there’s a lot to be optimistic about.
Richie

Oxhead wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:26 pm The Americans were in the upstairs bar after the game having a great time with the directors and a group of supporters.Look the real deal to me, fingers crossed.
I was one of those supporters. Just 5 of us, all get on well with Tommo so chatting to him wasn't new, but certainly didn't expect to meet and chat to them for what must have been 90 minutes.

They're very nice guys to start with, which obviously doesn't mean anything but still a positive. They were asking us just as many, if not more questions than we were asking them. Wanted to know why we support, do we have a "big club" too, where the fan base tends to live etc.

We didn't ask anything financial but I got the impression it'd be steady investment to get us ticking over nicely, not millions and millions.

All in all, our group came away incredibly excited for the future. They were flying back on Sunday so wouldn't have been at Barnet.
redboy

I also spoke to a board member and it all sounds positive. After so much uncertainty, looks like the club may be saved.

However, not being negative I still have concerns over this season.

1. When will we be able to bring in new players? If it’s the winter transfer window, how far adrift will we be?
2. What about all the new signings who to be fair haven’t done bad considering the step up and the fact it’s a brand new team. However mistakes are costing us dear
3. If we are struggling by Christmas and one of the yanks has an estranged wife......

I genuinely thought that this year could be our last season. So let’s hope and pray that these guys will make The Daggers great again.
Alan

There is no transfer window at this level.
stanton101

More's to the point, should we be giving Peter Taylor any money to spend or entice players to our club. Great coach, no doubt, but manager, I'm not so sure.
Still, we might have johnny half full I love my Daggers, riding in around Christmas now that there might be a few quid going spare.