Barnet on Monday / Random thoughts

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Barnet got their first win yesterday so this is going to be a slightly different game now.

I do find it slightly reassuring that all our high-priced team are struggling to get results at barnet. They could have remained with us and we’d still be in the same position as we are now.

Even so, I was thinking yesterday that perhaps it was John Still’s game plan to go to Barnet on a two year contract, be absolutely crap, get sacked and paid off and then to come and buy the daggers with all the cash :grin:

I wasn’t going then I decided I was and now i’m
unsure. I have painting to do and its become very urgent as I realised that since i painted my front door red, what you might call Daggers red, the Daggers have fallen out of the football league to where we are now. We have never won 6-0 whilst its been painted red. In the successful years it was blue. It’s going back to blue. We will win as soon as the door is painted blue.

As to our league position / the future. This is where we would have been 2 years ago had we not sold the heart out of our members club. it’s a shame we made such a big sacrifice and still have the same old mentality holding back the club and not taking us forward.
DevonDagger

Barnet player scores worldie in last seconds of the game as Barnet scrape their first win.
To be fair away to Chesterfield it's a good result which anyone would take. Nonetheless I don't think this alone will silence doubters.

I still don't give a stuff about Barnet. I still respect Stilly (and respect those who don't, each to their own) and good luck to him and our ex-players. Granted mainly since I doubt we'll be fighting for the same prize this season.

You'll be there Merge, no doubt about it.

Staying up in this league is a quarter of the task that getting back into it is, especially since there are teams with money even at that level now. Same as it is staying in League Two to getting out of this one.
To avoid that situation we need to give them every ounce of support possible this season. We appear to have a squad built around enthusiasm for the game and will need our backing. Teams need support the most when they're struggling.

When we rocket in the winner in the 90th tomorrow against Barnet* after all that's happened - will it really feel all that great whilst painting your door?

*t&cs apply
RM1DAGGERS

Auntie Merge wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:42 am Barnet got their first win yesterday so this is going to be a slightly different game now.

I do find it slightly reassuring that all our high-priced team are struggling to get results at barnet. They could have remained with us and we’d still be in the same position as we are now.

Even so, I was thinking yesterday that perhaps it was John Still’s game plan to go to Barnet on a two year contract, be absolutely crap, get sacked and paid off and then to come and buy the daggers with all the cash :grin:

I wasn’t going then I decided I was and now i’m
unsure. I have painting to do and its become very urgent as I realised that since i painted my front door red, what you might call Daggers red, the Daggers have fallen out of the football league to where we are now. We have never won 6-0 whilst its been painted red. In the successful years it was blue. It’s going back to blue. We will win as soon as the door is painted blue.

As to our league position / the future. This is where we would have been 2 years ago had we not sold the heart out of our members club. it’s a shame we made such a big sacrifice and still have the same old mentality holding back the club and not taking us forward.
Whenever I see a red door I want it painted black..😉 However, you clearly need to do something, quick!
I can't say I'm looking forward to Barnet if I'm honest but I will be there...COYD
Auntie Merge

I planned to finish today but it is raining. I hope at the very least to have the undercoat on
by 3pm tomorrow, so whether i am at the game or not
Barnet 0 Daggers 6
SUSSEX DAGGER

Been to all 6 games so far but thinking of giving this a niss.

On another post there is comments about what a hard season it wil be ,we all accept that but think we make it harder for ourselves with the sale of every asset we had.

Last night i thought of Michael Cheek situation. Hyperthetical now but am i the only one who thinks if he had still been here that first victory would now be on the board and an on fire Michael Cheek we could well be unbeaten. Every game we have spurned what i think are ones he thrived on, he could have even capatalised on the many many balls that have been put into the box with nobody even looking like getting on the end of simply because of lack of anticipation and being a bit more clever that only comes with the experiance he had.
When you look back over the six games then the thought of us being now unbeaten is not as stupid as it sounds because every game we have been in.

It was reported that he was a high earner , i accept that but at sometime if we are going to get out of this mess we are going to need somebody like him. A month ago we were committed to paying a player like him , he should have been replaced if he wanted to go , with somebody like him.
The money saved with what we have replaced him with is fools gold .Under 1k home support yeaterday and gates have only held up with away support. The 800 crowd is only weeks away ,when that happens our recruitment policy in the most vital area of the pitch will have made no financial sense at all.
If i do go to Barnet and spend another 50-75 quid the decision to reavaluate will only have been put off for another game.
Please dont lecture on loyalty and such,be honest who else is thinking the same . Sorry but you can only fall so far and it becomes a chore and spending the money that we all do you need some enjoyment out of it ,all i am getting at moment is pain.

My mood is not improved when i see the Ebsfleet Aldershot result yesterday 3 goals scored by two players who hardly set this place alight when they were here,what we need does not look hard to come by it would seem
Sagres

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:44 pm Been to all 6 games so far but thinking of giving this a niss.

On another post there is comments about what a hard season it wil be ,we all accept that but think we make it harder for ourselves with the sale of every asset we had.

Last night i thought of Michael Cheek situation. Hyperthetical now but am i the only one who thinks if he had still been here that first victory would now be on the board and an on fire Michael Cheek we could well be unbeaten. Every game we have spurned what i think are ones he thrived on, he could have even capatalised on the many many balls that have been put into the box with nobody even looking like getting on the end of simply because of lack of anticipation and being a bit more clever that only comes with the experiance he had.
When you look back over the six games then the thought of us being now unbeaten is not as stupid as it sounds because every game we have been in.

It was reported that he was a high earner , i accept that but at sometime if we are going to get out of this mess we are going to need somebody like him. A month ago we were committed to paying a player like him , he should have been replaced if he wanted to go , with somebody like him.
The money saved with what we have replaced him with is fools gold .Under 1k home support yeaterday and gates have only held up with away support. The 800 crowd is only weeks away ,when that happens our recruitment policy in the most vital area of the pitch will have made no financial sense at all.
If i do go to Barnet and spend another 50-75 quid the decision to reavaluate will only have been put off for another game.
Please dont lecture on loyalty and such,be honest who else is thinking the same . Sorry but you can only fall so far and it becomes a chore and spending the money that we all do you need some enjoyment out of it ,all i am getting at moment is pain.

My mood is not improved when i see the Ebsfleet Aldershot result yesterday 3 goals scored by two players who hardly set this place alight when they were here,what we need does not look hard to come by it would seem
Very true words I totally agree about Michael Cheek
SUSSEX DAGGER

Simple maths to me .

Extra 500 quid a week on somebody with Cheek experiance.

Needs 70 Peope to pay on gate to cover the increase in wages if you say a home game every other week.

Already lost those 70 and when we have one of our most loyal supporters saying she wouldd consider painting a door then going then i can only see things going one way .

Ok things may not be as simplistic as that but
they are not a million miles off.

The boss did say he would be given the money raised by Cheek to get a replacement and altho i dont want to knock the lads effort but if what we have got in is any guide then we could not got a lot.

Which ever way you want to slice it things are starting to look desperate
SUSSEX DAGGER

Simple maths to me .

Extra 500 quid a week on somebody with Cheek experiance.

Needs 70 Peope to pay on gate to cover the increase in wages if you say a home game every other week.

Already lost those 70 and when we have one of our most loyal supporters saying she wouldd consider painting a door then going then i can only see things going one way .

Ok things may not be as simplistic as that but
they are not a million miles off
RampantDuke

The football was frustrating yesterday but for me the experience in the upstairs bar afterwards was even more depressing. Only a couple of years ago that place was rammed after every game - so much so that it often would be easier to get a drink downstairs and come back up. Yesterday there were a handful of people in there, no atmosphere and most of all very little by way of bar takings. The rifts and divisions caused in no small part by a certain person have come home to roost this season. I wonder (although I doubt he would allow his massive ego to let him) if, as he looks at the finances from yesterday, he is slowly realising what a detrimental effect his actions against many of our loyal supporters have had. I feel that like Arsene Wenger had to accept last year, general apathy is an even worse situation than people fighting and arguing. Winning the battle but losing the war springs to mind.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
SUSSEX DAGGER

In two words Rampant Duke NO CHANCE.

One thing leads,to the other. Last thing i wanted to do yesterday waa stay around as the whole match day experiance is becoming a chore that has to be endured as my heart is currently bigger then my brain
RampantDuke

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:16 pm In two words Rampant Duke NO CHANCE.

One thing leads,to the other. Last thing i wanted to do yesterday waa stay around as the whole match day experiance is becoming a chore that has to be endured as my heart is currently bigger then my brain
I know what you mean Sussex. I was really looking forward to the game yesterday but thoroughly depressed on the way home. How many times are we going to want to feel like that this season?. Judging by yesterday about 2-300 less fans than wanted to last season. These are tough times but in my opinion the club is reaping what it has sown now. For me the rot started to set in from the moment that Dave Andrews stepped down.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
RM1DAGGERS

Talking about Cheek as if he was some world beater. He looked good early doors with Ferrier but didn't look half the player after his injury, in fact I thought he was quite poor and missed several very good opportunities (Sutton away being the best). He played well coming on as a sub away at Dover to be fair, but other than that... And regardless of who you have up top you've got to create the chances for them.
RayleighDagger1986

RampantDuke wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:20 pm
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:16 pm In two words Rampant Duke NO CHANCE.

I know what you mean Sussex. I was really looking forward to the game yesterday but thoroughly depressed on the way home. How many times are we going to want to feel like that this season?. Judging by yesterday about 2-300 less fans than wanted to last season. These are tough times but in my opinion the club is reaping what it has sown now. For me the rot started to set in from the moment that Dave Andrews stepped down.
Did Andrews step down before or after Burnett was appointed?
Auntie Merge

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:08 am
RampantDuke wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:20 pm

Did Andrews step down before or after Burnett was appointed?
Burnett given 2 year contract in May 2013, Dave officially stood down at AGM in November/December that year.

However, we knew long before the AGM he was going - I think he told me in April 2013.

This is also one of the problems with the club as it is now, there is no one with football
knowledge on the board. Someone who knows all the ducks and dives a manager might swing. It is why senior football managers get given a place on the board.

Painting update: Your posts made me have a change of heart so I arranged to paint the undercoat early, nip off to Barnet with my nephew, and then finish the rest of the painting later.
HOWEVER, my neighbour has helped me remove yhe door lock (instead of paint round it) and there is now no way I can leave here and come to the game. BUT it does mean the red paint will be completely covered by 3pm and if this paint sticks to its 4 hour drying time, the door could even be painted lucky blue. Please give the Daggers a huge cheer from me and no abuse to JS. He did what he did that’s best for him. It doesn’t hurt as much as when he went to Luton. COYD.
daggersjeff

Think Judas finally burned his Daggers bridges after the game yesterday.

The way he came towards, grinning and blowing kisses. nothing but a scumbag!!
For me, puts him in the same bracket as that fat scottish ba'stard :angry: