Where will the first win come from?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

These lot are just not good enough, they give 100% but it’s not enough and the reason why none of them have barely played any meaningful football. We are as good as down already now, we had ample chances to have got some points on the board but have failed miserably. Less than 1000 home fans, Sad times indeed.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The defence will get better of that i am certain.

Sadly at the other end of the pitch it wont and that is where games are won.

Not saw there is to much watching the opposition before games in this league but if its not worked our before a game then it certainly dont take long for the opposition to work out how to stop any threst we have in the last third
EssexDagger!

Felt like when Adeloye went off, the Hartlepool defence breathed a sigh of relief, he was a constant threat 1st half with his strength and movement, once he went off it felt like the onus was solely on Romain to pull us a goal back.
Reynolds & Kandi never really look a goal threat IMO, yes Kandi runs around alot but never really puts himself in the danger area or anticipates getting on the end of crosses etc!
As a few of you have already mentioned, surely we will tighten up defensively over the course of the season but can see us struggling in putting the ball in the net, not just taking chances but we even creating them!
We haven’t even played any of the “top sides”’yet ...
Diggerthedog

EssexDagger! wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:59 pm Felt like when Adeloye went off, the Hartlepool defence breathed a sigh of relief, he was a constant threat 1st half with his strength and movement, once he went off it felt like the onus was solely on Romain to pull us a goal back.
Reynolds & Kandi never really look a goal threat IMO, yes Kandi runs around alot but never really puts himself in the danger area or anticipates getting on the end of crosses etc!
As a few of you have already mentioned, surely we will tighten up defensively over the course of the season but can see us struggling in putting the ball in the net, not just taking chances but we even creating them!
We haven’t even played any of the “top sides”’yet ...
As per Taylor comments pre game Adeloye can’t play two full games in 3 days so no surprise he came off. Calibre of player we Signed when they can’t play 2 games in 3 days.
Pondfield Dagger

kandi, hoyte, reynolds for me would all start. more experience the first two, and reynolds i thought looked like a good fejiri replacement.
far too many name on the teamsheet i dont recognise and conference standard i'm not sure.
1 now up at half time, you just know what 2nd half will bring, same old story all the time.
Dagdale

Braintree Town a week Tuesday and then if were lucky! Difference one week makes, at Halifax robbed of a reward, 100 per cent effort, a week on just couldn't keep control of the game up to our deserved goal and yet again we fell through the roof, desire went, and let a pretty average side look good and walk away with the three points. Very frustrating to watch as u know its in there hiding, we need a strong team leader, central midfield or wherever to work it in as quickly as possible, it got to be fixed now.
jag

I can not believe Mr Daggerman when he says Elliot Romain lost concentration and should not have been voted m.o.m. he run his socks off for the hole of the game never gave up and towards the end of the game I said to my brother, Elliot should be given m.o.m. sure I am not confident of his scoring abilities
however his game will improve but you can not question his effort, the 2 areas of the Daggers game that needs to improve is defending set pieces also the long ball system is to difficult for the younger players to control the weight of the pass, I hope Peter Taylor is considering getting the players to pass more accurately and shorter as this was blatantly not the case against Hartlpool only in small patches of the game did this happen and we looked more efficient as a team, good luck to the boys on Monday,
I would love for us to beat Mr Stills team who always said ( ONCE A DAGGER ALWAYS A DAGGER)
Daggerman

jag wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:57 pm I can not believe Mr Daggerman when he says Elliot Romain lost concentration and should not have been voted m.o.m. he run his socks off for the hole of the game never gave up and towards the end of the game I said to my brother, Elliot should be given m.o.m. sure I am not confident of his scoring abilities
however his game will improve but you can not question his effort, the 2 areas of the Daggers game that needs to improve is defending set pieces also the long ball system is to difficult for the younger players to control the weight of the pass, I hope Peter Taylor is considering getting the players to pass more accurately and shorter as this was blatantly not the case against Hartlpool only in small patches of the game did this happen and we looked more efficient as a team, good luck to the boys on Monday,
I would love for us to beat Mr Stills team who always said ( ONCE A DAGGER ALWAYS A DAGGER)
I can’t believe you can’t believe it! He wasn’t looking at the play he was looking over and talking to Adeloy, that is not concentrating on the ball, it was played to him ( rightly or wrongly ) and he had the ball control of a brick wall. It’s all about opinions and conceptions of what you see as an individual, I saw a lack of concentration and it led directly to their second goal!
Only thing I perhaps regret writing was that there was a lack of effort from the loanees, this was not a good comment.
HGDagger

If we're still stuck on 1 point after the Braintree game then serious questions need to be asked
Adrian

Daggerman wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:31 pm
jag wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:57 pm I can not believe Mr Daggerman when he says Elliot Romain lost concentration and should not have been voted m.o.m. he run his socks off for the hole of the game never gave up and towards the end of the game I said to my brother, Elliot should be given m.o.m. sure I am not confident of his scoring abilities
I can’t believe you can’t believe it! He wasn’t looking at the play he was looking over and talking to Adeloy, that is not concentrating on the ball, it was played to him ( rightly or wrongly ) and he had the ball control of a brick wall. It’s all about opinions and conceptions of what you see as an individual, I saw a lack of concentration and it led directly to their second goal!
Only thing I perhaps regret writing was that there was a lack of effort from the loanees, this was not a good comment.
Adeloye went off before the second goal, so how was Romain talking to him in the build up to it?
NBDag

First goal
Daggerman

Thank you for pointing out that I wrote 2nd goal NBD, it was in fact the first goal, how things go wrong when I’m not concentrating
BB-Dagger

I was on the halfway line in the Seive and I thought he was looking at Adeloy, definitely wasn’t looking at the ball.
DaggerJoel11

Baffling how different people see things. From my perspective Romain is always one player we can rely on, he may not seem like a 20 goal-a-season striker but he's unselfish (demonstrated perfectly by Saturday's goal) and always gives his absolute all on the pitch. Don't see any problem with our loan players either as Will Wright has barely put a foot wrong and Ben Goodliffe was trying to gee the fans up after the loss at Halifax so doesn't care any less than the contracted players. Our problems don't lie with Romain, or our loan players, it's that we're a team of 19 year olds in a fiercely-competitive man's league.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NickMurphy

The problem certainly doesn't lie with lack of effort - that's the one thing that should keep all of us on side this season. Given that this bunch have been thrown together as cast-offs, loanees and academy players, to have played as well as they have is actually some going.

I know we've taken one point from six games - but the five we've lost, we've lost by a single goal. We've not been comprehensively outplayed and we've not been at all embarrassed. In reality we probably should have only lost two or three games rather than five. But you get punished for mistakes and ultimately that's why we are where we are.

Obviously, that won't count for much if we get relegated at the end of the season as is looking an ever more likely scenario, but we're really not *too* far away. Guess the issue comes in the fact that a) we're using up a lot of the *easier* games, especially at home early doors, and that b) we're making the same sort of silly errors and being punished. In that sense I guess you could say we're not a million miles away but at the same time we're still fairly far away from where we need to be.

Not sure what point I'm trying to make here, to be honest. Think it's just that as frustrating as these last few weeks and this season are going to be, we need to stick with them (as the majority are doing) because to even be competing in every game so far after the summer we've had, and against teams who are far more stable and experienced, is a fairly decent achievement in itself.