Staying over Daggers v Pools

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
poolsfan in peace

Hi Daggers fans, me and the. Missus are staying over in Dagenham Premier Inn on Friday and Saturday night, really looking forward to the game, new ground for me. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows of any local pubs/clubs that might have a band on either or both nights or if not just a decent pub for night out, thanks in advance.
Dr Monkatron

Hi PoolsFan

I know there is a band playing at The Admiral Vernon on Saturday night which is a short walk from the Premier Inn but it’s not the best pub. If you don’t mind a cab ride then I’d suggest The Fatling in Hornchurch as they have live bands but not 100% whether there are bands on this weekend but it’s a decent pub. There’s a few places in Hornchurch that have gigs so you might be better looking in that area more than Dagenham. Other than that there are loads of pubs in Romford of varying qualities. Hope you and the missus have a good time.
poolsfan in peace

Thanks Dr Monktron :thumbu:
EssexDagger!

Hi poolsFan,

Would defo agree with Dr Monkatron... would advise you and the misses venturing into Hornchurch high st, some nice pubs and lovely restaurants & only 10 mins in a taxi,

Hope you enjoy your evening, but hopefully not the result :)
IanC

If your a rocker like me bud the best live venue locally is THE CROWN at roneo corner near Romford.
5 min cab ride from ground and from Hornchurch where there are some decent pubs and great restaurants.Biased obviously cos I live there.
IanC

And they will have live bands both nights
IanC

In fact just looked up and our fav local band playing on the Friday,don’t miss em
poolsfan in peace

Ha ha, not so much a'rocker' Ian C , we just like to see live music, who's the band on Friday and what sort of stuff do they play, we might give it a shot.
RM1DAGGERS

Hi mate, my local The Golden Lion on the edge of Romford town centre in the market place is decent on a Saturday for live music. Historic old pub with good range of beers. Good to have a few choices!
daggersjeff

RM1DAGGERS wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:02 pm Hi mate, my local The Golden Lion on the edge of Romford town centre in the market place is decent on a Saturday for live music. Historic old pub with good range of beers. Good to have a few choices!
Mind your head in the Lion if you are over 5.6 tall!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
Chigwellian

.... Or take a 35min ride on the tube to Central London.
Catch a show
Fearless

If you are arriving late on Friday I agree stay local. There is a wetherspoons in Dagenham Heathway but for music I agree with the other posts.
I suggest on Saturday after the match take the tube (district line) from Dagenham East and go into central London. If make your way to Piccadilly Circus or Leicester Square you can visit Chinatown. Wardour/ Gerard Street and get a meal and take in the busy area. Lots of pubs around there in shafestesbury avenue area. It's also threatreland so if you want take in a show.
Daggerman

Bloody hell, they are having a few days down here and the best you can suggest is feckin Witherspoon’s in the Heathway. 🤪🤪
mickeyblue

Stay away from the weatherspoon in the heathway.
Food in brewers fare which is next to where your staying is awful aswell.
Hornchurch is your best bet and is only a short cab fare away.
Any of the pubs are decent with most selling good food.
Steer clear of barking aswell.
Pipe major which is on way to ground sells ok beer plus food isn't to bad. Which is carvery. The starter platter are very good.
Wish you would of posted before booking we all would of recommended staying elsewhere.
Anyway enjoy your weekend
Micky
but we finished 9th!
bloke down the pub

mickeyblue wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:03 pm Stay away from the weatherspoon in the heathway.
Food in brewers fare which is next to where your staying is awful aswell.
Hornchurch is your best bet and is only a short cab fare away.
Any of the pubs are decent with most selling good food.
Steer clear of barking aswell.
Pipe major which is on way to ground sells ok beer plus food isn't to bad. Which is carvery. The starter platter are very good.
Wish you would of posted before booking we all would of recommended staying elsewhere.
Anyway enjoy your weekend
Micky
Weatherspoons pulled out of Dagenham a year ago. The areas to ruff.