manager of the year

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
searmh

"Dagenham will be going all out to finish in the top 10, and that would be a fantastic achievement - I think Wayne Burnett is the manager of the season in this league. Whatever team he puts out will be competitive, but I think we're in a good place right now." northampton manager

What do people think???
ThatRoundThing

Ask Vindelot on the old forum.... He will give you an answer on that one. :lol:

I think taking budget and the squad Wayne was left with into consideration plus the fact we were favourites for relegation I think Wayne is certainly up with the best League Two managers this season.
Richie

He has to be a contender but Wilcox at Scunny is still unbeaten so he'll surely win it, and deservedly so.
matt_drfc

Top 5 certainly. Wilcox for Manager of the Year though
Ilford Dagger

MOTY - Russ Wilcox (Scunthorpe) in Lge 2
- Russell Slade (Leyton Orient) Lge 1
- Sean Dyche (Burnley) Championship
- Tony Pulis (Crystal Palace) Premiership.
Just to justify the above think of what they have achieved in relation to resources, expectations etc, doubtless whoever manages the Champions of each League will get the nod but it shouldn't automatically be the case.
Lcbdagger

Ilford Dagger wrote:MOTY - Russ Wilcox (Scunthorpe) in Lge 2
Just to justify the above think of what they have achieved in relation to resources, expectations etc, doubtless whoever manages the Champions of each League will get the nod but it shouldn't automatically be the case.
Largely agree with this, Leicester and Wolves weren't a suprise to see either at the top of their respective leagues... Rodgers will surely win Prem for Liverpool's run this season though
matt_drfc

Ilford Dagger wrote:MOTY - Russ Wilcox (Scunthorpe) in Lge 2

Just Rodgers for Prem for me, but all the same other than him
Dagdale

Ar'd say just about right as stated above but after another great result by York City yesterday a right contender for MOTY must be Nigel Worthington, from that game has just set them up for the play off's and remember this is the team on our fateful day on January 4th this year were just hovering above the bottom two, looked as if they were going nowhere and maybe unfortunately meeting us at home (walloped us 3-1) which was the start of their roller coaster ride upwards and considering they like us almost went out of the League last term a fantastic achievement to say the least.