End of season presentation / party

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Ilford Dagger

I'd echo what Auntie Merge said, the only freebie I ever got was when along with, I think 15 others, we went by Minibus to Yeovil on a cold Wednesday night in early Dec (first year at New Huish Park, we had to walk across a frozen field to get to the nearest Pub!!), JS gave all of us Complimentary tickets in one of the Stands which was a nice gesture as he appreciated us going all that way, BTW we won 1-0 so it turned out very well.
That indeed was the first and only time I ever got a freebie, I think some people over the years did get a lot of freebies - I don't know why, they must have just been lucky or known the right people!!
I also would have NEVER asked for nor expected anything free from the Club.
OBD

I see the club are offering drink deals in the clubhouse over the weekend during the football.
@OfficialBigDave
Diggerthedog

We are doing one this year :o
lupins

For readers of a certain age

Back in 1968 or 69 I was walking along Tottenham High Road to watch the Daggers in the at that time quite important London Challenge Cup. A car pulled up and the driver asked if I knew where White Hart Lane was. I didn't but was happy to jump in and direct Vic Sparrow and Jimmy and Bernie Leverett to the ground. My reward was a main stand ticket which I used and kept with the programme to this day
Auntie Merge

^ great story.

I have a ticket for Sunday but sadly I can't go. I broke a bone in my foot on Saturday and am currently plastered! This means I can't drive, and I'm hopeless on crutches. If someone else would like my ticket please let me know.