Can't do a season of this !!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

This is hard to watch lumping up to a midget and pass backs to the keeper. Hatfield poor least he's gone off.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DagenhamDan

That has been out tactics for years. . . Junior mcdogauld, Chris Moore, Paul Cobb, mark stein. . . Always just lumped it to them and hoped the only thing different this season is you were looking for something to moan about rather than support. . .
ARNU

I never signed up to the everything will be brilliant brigade. There were positives. We have got nothing up top but the back looked ok bar the 2 footed tackle which was a sending off all day long.Gordon was a bit nervy. We were better than I anticipated but we never really troubled them who also weren't great. We're only 3 points off top so it's not over yet.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DagenhamDan

Bar Benson doidge and Hawkins the strikers have always been small though! We did also lose out key striker two days ago. However, I doubt we will be signing Ben Morris from ipsiwch like some were saying as he played for Ipswich today. I always thought Kandi was a right winger anyway, good with plenty of space in front of him but didn't look too strong. Hope we sign a good striker and I think we are in for a half decent season tbh!
Alan

Arnu situation: unchanged, so no update required.
DevonDagger

I would be surprised if Wood are challenging the playoffs again this season, which really is the part that leaves me a bit more disappointed than I perhaps otherwise would be. However in the end the one real quality player they managed to keep, made the difference.

I agree with Arnu in the sense we certainly don't have a team that looks suitable to play hoofball, so it would be odd if that were our main source of attack.

No reason to be negative at this point though. My biggest concern in preseason was when Reynolds got injured, we improved when he came on so good to see it wasn't serious and hopefully he can link up the attack nicely against Maidstone.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Defensively we looked rock solid,never looked like creating an openining let alone scoring. So major worry to me,is where are thge goals,coming from.

The return of this match on todays eveidence will be a six pointer relegation battle as they did not look goood at all
Mike the Dagger

We missed a focal point in attack, almost like we had lost our centre forward two days ago... Oh!!

Romain on his own against two big centre halves doesn't have much future. Looked better when Reynolds came on and we started playing more to feet.

Enough encouraging signs to think we'll be ok though. Let's not start getting on their backs.

Honourable mention for the guy sat in the shade in the stand in front of me moaning when the ref stopped for a water break in the second half because "it isn't that hot."
Mark

I think they'll be top half. Their defence is very good for this level and they have Balanta plus other decent midfielders. Lack a striker as do we.

Good at the back and nothing much going forward. Hope we sign a forward.
DaggerJoel11

The young boys acquitted themselves well but if today showed anything it's that we need to persevere with them because it's a work in progress after all. On Tuesday we'll be a different team with Reynolds starting as he offered so much when he came on. However, echo the thought that we need a striker as we never really looked like scoring for most of the game.

Boreham Wood were very, very average.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
daggersjeff

If Boreham Wood challenge for the playoffs I'll eat Arnu's hat ( yes, the same hardly chewed one from the Maher dynasty!!)
we made them look good at times today. Strike force does concern me though, but have faith in Taylor/Harris. Like to see Phipp playing a little higher.

We're not gonna pull any trees up, and we may cop a couple of thumpings....but I tell you what, we will surprise one or two teams once the outfit has gelled.
durnzo

I thought it looked like a team that had to get rid of all it's best, and average, players and replace them with cheaper alternatives. Can't fault the effort, but ****** me, it's gonna be a long season unless Taylor is some sort of coaching genius!!!
Dagdale

Not the most desirable encounter but all in all thought the lads gave it good effort and positive our good support edged them on, shame with Ben Goodliffe's debut, he and his counter part Will Wright were two good rocks at the back but you cant go in modern day football with a two legged lunge and get away with it and were miss him next couple of homes. Early I know, but if we don't get an out and out striker as soon as possible were struggle. both goalkeepers good saves had a reflection on the low score.
leewilson

From what I saw yesterday, we're going to be well organised this season. It'll be a case of whether or not we can do anything going forward that decides whether or not we stay up. We definitely need another attacking option though as we can't solely rely on Reynolds.

It will be a long season without doubt. There are going to be off days for this young team where we probably will get tonked a bit. At the same time, we'll probably cause a surprise or 2. I do think it'll go down to the wire whether we stay up or not. Fingers crossed that Taylor's experience can see us over the line.
Lcbdagger

First Away game in six months to start the season... thought we looked defensively sound but never had a realistic goal threat until the final five minutes... certainly never expected an equaliser after the goal.

Balanta is a class act and was everywhere... their goalkeeper was distinctly Sunday League but we didn't take advantage. Rest of the opposition weren't really of any great level above us.

Second half really showed the young team mentality... lots of sideways passes, a lack of confidence on the ball and nobody wanting to take the chance to get past a player or put a ball in.

Most of the Loan players looked strong although Harfield was the obvious first substitution... absolutely a striker or two short of a competitive team... two winnable games coming up though at Home so lets see after next weekend where we stand. Centre Backs looked decent I thought until the red card and I like Donovan and Robinson in the middle.

On the positives, good seeing Justham back and playing well... not just a couple of great late saves to keep the game tight but also one or two excellent cross field passes to set up attacks (which sadly fell down with loose passing from the full backs or a lumped ball out for a goal kick to an exasperated Romain).