Chesterfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:I took my son along yesterday for the first time in a probably a couple of seasons. I'm hoping he's still young enough that he'll not really remember it and I can convince him to come again some time. He wanted to leave after 80 minutes and I probably should have used it as an excuse to get out then rather than hanging around until the end.

Dull, boring and predictable.

I don't currently see where we're supposed to be going. The supposed passing game is not very good - it's slow and seems to go backwards and sideways more than forwards. Yesterday I think I counted five occasions in the first half where Gayle played the ball to Saunders who played a first time ball back to him. He then took a little time and lumped it forward. All that achieved was giving their defence time to get itself set.
It's beyond me why, when our season is over, we start yesterday with 3 loan players. We've been crying out for years to have a few dead games so we can give players a go. We finally have a few dead games and play loan players instead of our own. I don't see what Turgott or D'Ath would add to our squad if we're looking at them as potential signings. Norris has done okay but doesn't work up front on his own.

We have to play the loan players as part off the deal when we get them for nothing. As the saying goes nothing for free in this world.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:I took my son along yesterday for the first time in a probably a couple of seasons. I'm hoping he's still young enough that he'll not really remember it and I can convince him to come again some time. He wanted to leave after 80 minutes and I probably should have used it as an excuse to get out then rather than hanging around until the end.

I don't currently see where we're supposed to be going. The supposed passing game is not very good - it's slow and seems to go backwards and sideways more than forwards. Yesterday I think I counted five occasions in the first half where Gayle played the ball to Saunders who played a first time ball back to him. He then took a little time and lumped it forward. All that achieved was giving their defence time to get itself set.
It's beyond me why, when our season is over, we start yesterday with 3 loan players. We've been crying out for years to have a few dead games so we can give players a go. We finally have a few dead games and play loan players instead of our own. I don't see what Turgott or D'Ath would add to our squad if we're looking at them as potential signings. Norris has done okay but doesn't work up front on his own.

We have to play the loan players as part off the deal when we get them for nothing. As the saying goes nothing for free in this world.
So why were two of them only on the bench for the previous game?
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:

What's the consequence if we don't play them? They go back? Oh nooooo what are we gonna do...
ARNU

Wayne answered this question a while back.None of the loaneas except for that one that looked like Michael Jackson who got injured after 40 mins the other week were loaned to us on the proviso they played.We might even get Norris now,cant see him starting in the championship with Brentford but he'll start every game with us if he can find his earlier form.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Doubt we'll be able to get him to be honest
Lcbdagger

Let's be fair... if Norris had kept his initial form for the whole of 2014 he would be off to Leyton Orient in the Summer giving us no chance of securing his services
Ilford Dagger

Isn't there a restriction on either how many loan signings you can have or how many can play at any time?