Forwards

Rhys Murphy (2015)
Afo Obafemi (2014)
Chris Dickson (2014)
Bradley Goldberg (2014)
Alex Osborn (2014)

(I think it's up to date)
NickMurphy

Our strike force worries me slightly, especially looking at that contract list.
matt_drfc

I know Jack Connors signed a new contract earlier this season, other than him I think it could be right, but Femi Im not sure about as well, he wasn't included in the list when B&D post listed the players out of contract.
Daggers No 2 Fan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Well glad it was better then it sounded cos listening to it did not sound like we created much.

Very worrying how the goals have dried up at home and am fast forming the opinion we have got away with it a bit this season 8 wins on your own ground is not very impressive and fans will want a bit more even for £179.

Still nice to hear that we matched once again the best in this League. Remember Adrian on the old forum telling me after Fleetwood when I suggested they were nothing special that I thought everbody was rubbish. The long and short of it is the majority of teams that formed league two this year are.
I hate to think how bad it sounded, because it was utterly dreadful to watch.
We most certainly didn't match them. They didn't do much, but they didn't need to as we were never going to go through them, and they just had to bide their time to catch us out from a dead ball situation.
Diggerthedog

Sure the goals have dried up but that has coincided with out best striker being injured. Rhys makes runs that links up our play very well, without him we have struggled. Most teams will struggle without there best striker, midfielder x2 and defender.

Positive for me today is we was not outclassed and we had a very young team against a supposed top team who have spent a lot more then we could dream of. Looking forward to see who leaves and stays and also joins. Will be an interesting summer.

I would release Femi he has shown no improvement the last two seasons.
TommyD&R

If we keep affy and goldberg we'll have a half decent strikeforce assuming goldberg adapts
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:Sure the goals have dried up but that has coincided with out best striker being injured. Rhys makes runs that links up our play very well, without him we have struggled. Most teams will struggle without there best striker, midfielder x2 and defender.

Positive for me today is we was not outclassed and we had a very young team against a supposed top team who have spent a lot more then we could dream of. Looking forward to see who leaves and stays and also joins. Will be an interesting summer.

We only seem to struggle at home having only fired one blank this year away. Not only that we also seem to create a bit more these days away from home.
leewilson

matt_drfc wrote:I know Jack Connors signed a new contract earlier this season, other than him I think it could be right, but Femi Im not sure about as well, he wasn't included in the list when B&D post listed the players out of contract.
Connors updated.

I know Dickson, Hoyte, Hines, Goldberg, Gayle and the two keepers are definitely out of contract. Haven't found any contract updates for Femi and Obafemi to suggest otherwise. I definitely want to keep Obafemi.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Sure the goals have dried up but that has coincided with out best striker being injured. Rhys makes runs that links up our play very well, without him we have struggled. Most teams will struggle without there best striker, midfielder x2 and defender.

We only seem to struggle at home having only fired one blank this year away. Not only that we also seem to create a bit more these days away from home.
Totally agree as teams come at us away and our new style suits the counter attack. At home we have to break down teams and with Murphy not making intelligent runs we lack an outlet to break down these teams. Murphy is a huge miss to us. A fit Murphy the last 10 games could have been so different.
Kevin

I thought we played a lot better than the Pompey game, could've got back into it at the start of the 2nd half with a few crosses causing a bit of chaos in the Chesterfield box.

I did think that D'Ath continued to be pretty abysmal though..has the pace & apparent stiffness of a sprightly Kevin Maher :roll:
SouthendSuperstars

Tossers
speedy

Highly intelligent southendsuperstars, thanks for your input.
Adrian

I took my son along yesterday for the first time in a probably a couple of seasons. I'm hoping he's still young enough that he'll not really remember it and I can convince him to come again some time. He wanted to leave after 80 minutes and I probably should have used it as an excuse to get out then rather than hanging around until the end.

Dull, boring and predictable.

I don't currently see where we're supposed to be going. The supposed passing game is not very good - it's slow and seems to go backwards and sideways more than forwards. Yesterday I think I counted five occasions in the first half where Gayle played the ball to Saunders who played a first time ball back to him. He then took a little time and lumped it forward. All that achieved was giving their defence time to get itself set.
It's beyond me why, when our season is over, we start yesterday with 3 loan players. We've been crying out for years to have a few dead games so we can give players a go. We finally have a few dead games and play loan players instead of our own. I don't see what Turgott or D'Ath would add to our squad if we're looking at them as potential signings. Norris has done okay but doesn't work up front on his own.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Must agree Adrian we exchange passes normally sideways or backwards and then the ball is lumped forward often or not by the Goalkeeper.

Teams have worked us out i am afraid and the easiest thing to defend has to be when you know what is coming.

That said we have not got the hang of it. What a dreadfull goal to give away.Yet anothet restart and we are all over the place. Femi must have done a hell of a lot to redeem himself after his role in the goal to be mom.