Chesterfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

This is going to be a tough one today, Chesterfield didn't have a good result Friday and want to feel comfortable with an automatic promotion spot and are only 3 points further up from play off zone, I think a draw for us especially as our home form is a bit cack is a good result . Thought away this season we done really well up there but without Doey and a barrage towards our goal hope we can perform well defensively. Fine day, going to be a fine pitch a draw would be a nice end to Easter and collecting four points. Added bonus to our boys is 'sometimes' we can raise our game against top opposition (Rochdale/Southend to name a couple). Like to see Saunders start.
Richie

Feeling confident, 2-1 win.
ARNU

Maybe now mathematically safe we'll throw the kitchen sink at them and win 4-0.

Cant help thinking we'll be less hungry than Chesterfield and lose though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Kevin

Be refreshing to see a half decent performance at home..especially with the odd potential new season ticket holders floating about!

C'mon you Daggers!
SUSSEX DAGGER

First game I have missed in 4 seasons.

Work has finally intervened. Sadly I am not that bothered to tell you the truth.

I will Get my fix of seeing Holiday makers I will just pop down the road to Butlins.

Good luck lads despite my cynical view.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I can't remember the last time I saw daggers and Ogogo wasn't playing. On the bench today
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Steve, on the bury road end: 'If we had a roof here today you wouldn't be getting a sun tan would you?'

#RoofWatch

Oh and by the way, we're shit. If you didn't know
Dagdale

Well Sussex mate, if you'd have been there you would have admitted you've seen a lot worse, take me hat off to you on that four season record btw, cant comment on the goal because had me back to the field bunnying again to young daggers in the middle sieve! But there was quite a few changes and Seabright took between the sticks first league game since Exeter last season I believe, and just like there done another brilliant point blank save to which it hoofd straight away up the other end and Norris almost scored, but we certainly showed more effort especially after a goal down and was banking on a late equaliser but shit run out of time. Just wished we had somebody deadly to finish off yet again our downfall, well I got me wish and Matt played. Be fun again next week ,Northampton now need the points at our manor Saturday talk about one end of the table to the other! May not get any more points now.
ARNU

I don't think we played too badly to be honest.Saunders can pick out a pass better than anyone else we've got,surprised he got subbed.Seabright's save was a class effort and his kicking (apart from one unfortunate one) was good. I don't think we missed lewy at all. I cant find anything or anyone to criticise and although we lost I thought we battled hard.I like Oberfemi,I reckon he'll be a class act and Im glad Shields got another cameo.Ian Gayle also another name for the future had a pretty good game.Shame about the result but nice to see the young'uns get a run out.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Was quite poor mainly going forward, reminded me of the end of last season, but wasn't dreadful. Chesterfield weren't amazing, but did what they had to do I guess.

How Femi got MOM is beyond me, but I didn't vote so I can't really argue lol. His performance was that bad that it convinced me that Connors is 1st choice in my opinion. Bingham and Saunders done well, both looked comfortable on the ball. I thought Gayle done ok for only his 2nd start, does look a bit nervous at times but he's not a bad squad player to have. Seabright done himself no harm at all, will certainly get better with age. Thought Saah had a good game, won a lot in the air and timed his interceptions well.

We looked a lot more threatening when Shields and Obafemi came on, they both impressed me a lot and Elito was much better through the middle after they came on, his run and cross for the Norris header was probably the brightest thing we done all game. D'Ath and Turgott haven't impressed me that much, won't miss either when they go back. Norris has probably been the best of the loanees, although he does go missing in games and looks half asleep, he's definitely not a lone striker though, despite his height he clearly isn't a 'Target Man'.

Really cannot understand why we've just abandoned the passing and just look to hoof the ball, pointless playing 3 in midfield if we're gonna bypass them completely and none even look to get alongside/beyond the striker. The few crossfield balls that Saunders played are fine, as they weren't straight on Ian Evatt's head, but the punting from the back 4 really winds me up.
TommyD&R

Apparently Seabrights out of contract so I think he's done enough to get at least another year even if he stays as backup. Lewys out too so it should be interesting to see what Wayne does.
Pondfield Dagger

unlucky daggers, if only norris scored that sitter of a header...

quite a few boos in the seive when bingham was subbed .... the lad played well...

can't beleive evatt (no.23) plays for them, in 10/11 season he played in all 38 premier league games (37 starts, 1 sub)...
matt_drfc

I'd keep all the players out of contract (even Dickson). Add a centre mid, winger and striker and we'll be ok I think
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well glad it was better then it sounded cos listening to it did not sound like we created much.

Very worrying how the goals have dried up at home and am fast forming the opinion we have got away with it a bit this season 8 wins on your own ground is not very impressive and fans will want a bit more even for £179.

Still nice to hear that we matched once again the best in this League. Remember Adrian on the old forum telling me after Fleetwood when I suggested they were nothing special that I thought everbody was rubbish. The long and short of it is the majority of teams that formed league two this year are.
Chigwellian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Well glad it was better then it sounded cos listening to it did not sound like we created much.

Very worrying how the goals have dried up at home and am fast forming the opinion we have got away with it a bit this season 8 wins on your own ground is not very impressive and fans will want a bit more even for £179.

Still nice to hear that we matched once again the best in this League. Remember Adrian on the old forum telling me after Fleetwood when I suggested they were nothing special that I thought everbody was rubbish. The long and short of it is the majority of teams that formed league two this year are.
I agree that we have 'got away with it'
But haven't I been saying that for ages, and have been shot down