What is our Strongest XI?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

With the new season hurtling towards us at an alarming pace, Peter Taylor now faces the task of assessing our rather decent pre-season and organising what he has into a structured and organised unit for Saturday, as he has been attempting to do so far. Already it's been surprising how quickly this side has seemed to gel and we've put in some good displays with Harfield, Reynolds, Donovan, Romain and Robinson being the main ones to impress. However just like Nunn, Davey and now apparently Pennell, Reynolds may well not be fit to start at the Wood on Saturday. Given that we had three trialists at Hemel, something very unusual with just a week left until the start of the campaign, I'd expect us to have one or two more additions in the coming days. At the minute though, I think our strongest XI would look something like as follows:

JUSTHAM

HOYTE, PENNELL, WRIGHT, HARFIELD

REYNOLDS, ROBINSON (c), DONOVAN, KANDI

CHEEK, ROMAIN
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

I think that's just about right Joel and a good starting line-up but with a question mark over (hopefully) we can take in Swain, know you can not always get the full value of a player in one game but well impressed with him linking well with Wright (he'll be a star) on Saturday and a third time seen Alex McQueen fast and very useful down wing, twice when he played against us he was good for Carlisle United and as had a spell in Finland. Get Davey fit and looking forward to it all now.
Mark

If we go with effectively 4 forwards we'll be in trouble. Taylor sides are normally fairly defensive.
Lcbdagger

Agree with Mark but do think that starting XI looks strong... more worries about the early injuries as that starting XI may not be what we have for a while.

Unsure who to leave out from the top two and wide players but my bigger concern is both Romain and Kandi look good but neither gives the impression so far they have 10-15 goals in them. Super reliant I feel on Reynolds getting fit and Cheek starting the season strongly.
DagenhamDan

Dagdale wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:30 am I think that's just about right Joel and a good starting line-up but with a question mark over (hopefully) we can take in Swain, know you can not always get the full value of a player in one game but well impressed with him linking well with Wright (he'll be a star) on Saturday and a third time seen Alex McQueen fast and very useful down wing, twice when he played against us he was good for Carlisle United and as had a spell in Finland. Get Davey fit and looking forward to it all now.

I'm sorry did you just state that we have lightning McQueen?
ARNU

1..Keeper.Diggerthedog….Just lay his fat arse on the line nothings getting past.
2..Outfield Maestro..Me...the new look lost 3 stone athletic adonis LOL!!
Any 9 others we wont win but are assured 46 draws lol!!

Merge on the bench.

Seriously dunno,have we got anyone I remember ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:13 pm 1..Keeper.Diggerthedog….Just lay his fat arse on the line nothings getting past.

Merge on the bench.

If I'm going to be stuck on the bench, maybe it is time I moved on.
I'm match fit and expect to get a game.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:13 pm 1..Keeper.Diggerthedog….Just lay his fat arse on the line nothings getting past.

Merge on the bench.

Fat arse, cheeky bar steward. Well done on losing three stone just another 47 to go.
Mark

Have we been going 433 in pre season? From looking at our squad a midfield 3 of Robinson Donovan Phipps looks most sensible.

I'd be surprised if we aren't expected to pick the two loanee defenders, but not sure where that would leave Pennell. 352?