Bishops Stortford

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
triplescarf

Anyone here going to the game on Saturday? Pretty local for me so I'll definitely be there.
Dagdale

May venture over again as remember coming here pre season a couple (I think) seasons back and impressed with the place, nice little friendly club and town fairly decent, but can't be arsed with trains (as I'm on a different line), also with a Jamie Cureton in their line up now may be an even more interesting encounter, never can take to much from friendly games but from the sound of the three so far our boys seem to be giving it a good go!
Dagdale

Considering recent circumstances and knowing at a friendly you can't always see the perfect picture I came away from the ground quite impressed with our lads commitment and the way we handled a Bishops Stortford side that were pretty decent. We looked a bit dis jointed in defence first half thus the early goal for them early on, a mistake, but Matty Robinson took on the equaliser well and we started seeing some better moves around. Romain looked good and unlucky not to score a number of times. Second half we were much better and upped the tempo, stronger at back and saw a Harry Donovan execute some great long ball passes and he too got his credits with a well taken goal in a quite crowded goalmouth. Hard at first putting names to new players but our big Number 18 striker was packing some hard shots in and nice to see a game with hardly not one ounce of dirty play. 2 hot for football I know but nice to see a fair few daggers in attendance and great to reunite again, roll on Hemel!
RayleighDagger1986

So the result was Dagdale
Sagres

Bishop Stortford 1 Dagenham 3
triplescarf

I echo a lot of what Dagdale said. We looked like a (mostly) coherent team, which is no mean feat given the number of new players brought in. The defence definitely were a little shaky with one player (Liam ? - our number 4) looking incredibly nervy.

I've seen two of the pre-season games now, and I have to say I'm impressed, and they've instilled a bit of confidence in me for the coming season.