Torquay

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dont think we are in a posistion to piss off any fans but one case appears in the heat of a battle the other case was in a tottally diffrent enviroement.

As for the Managers atributes we are one of the smallest teams in the League. We are hardly going to attract
a proven Manager and yes he is learning his craft. Yesterday i was frustrated Bingham constantly gave the ball away. We were desperate for somebody to pass the bloody thing and in my opinion he should have been swaped for Saunders as he was simply not on his game.

These are all opinions that are not shared by the Manager it appeared,

Look call me a fool but i will always give unblinded support to who ever is in the Managers seat be it Wayne Burnett, John Still or anybody else the board put their faith in.
TheLion

Although we have exceeded my expectations this year, I have no idea whatsoever how this has been achieved.

We have no idea at set pieces (defending), but we have not been hammered too often and our goal difference is only -3. So not too bad.

We have no idea what to do when we are given a throw in apart from give it to the opposition.

Our home performances since Dec 1st are well documented and are starting to drive away even more fans.

We have won some of our away games but we could have been 4 or 5 goals down before we scored if we had been playing anyone decent.

If we do not up our game then Chesterfield and Northampton will have field days.

My only conclusion, is that the quality of League 2 is the worst since we arrived in League 2 for the first time.

The manager has delivered after inheriting a crock of doo dah, even if I do not care for his "passion".

Please give us a real centre half next year who will attack the ball at both ends of the pitch, and if we keep Murphy then who knows where we might finish up?

As I said earlier, I have no idea, but hopefully after a pre season we will be firing again.
matt_drfc

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:I remember you being someone who was unhappy about Still having a go at supporters. There are suggestions that Burnett has also done that. Surely that's as unacceptable as Still doing it?
And look at the difference in experience between Still and Burnett..
Dagdale

I think Nick has summed it up pretty well, pretty dire match to watch and no wonder Torquay are where they are, with us being overall just slightly better, cant get me head around how Dickson missed that one to one? Found Murph was dropping form well before he got injured long term and cant believe we havn't found a real decent striking replacement, Norris can power a decent shot but most of the time plays too wide and too far from goal and just dont look hungry for the ball enough and well, is it worth talking about Azeez? I really hope WB brings in some new and decent players pre season and compacts our squad with players fighting for places. that'll be good for our club. 3 to go, who knows we might finish above 60 points which is a fantastic achievement since the perils of the last couple of years. Maybe it hasn't been the most attractive football generally but very well done to WB and the coaching staff. Must say Torbay is really a lovely part of the world and felt like being in real England again, be sorry not to re-visit there again next season.
ARNU

I believe anyone under attack has the right to defend themselves,but I would say when your team has just been thumped 4-1 at home for instance,a football manager must have the ability to understand that passion and dissapointment are emotions also experienced by the disgruntled supporter.If your game plan was so correct you wouldn't have lost 4-1 afterall.

Waynes achievements this season are fantastic given the resources he has to work with and his relatively little experience. He can only get better and I for one am looking forward to next season.We do need a few new faces and I'm sure we'll get some.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Surely, surely, surely next season we will have Goldberg back? The boy can do no more than score some quality strikes in pre-season, score for us when he gets a chance in the ESC and keep banging them in for the team he goes out on loan to? Not interested in hearing that he is only playing in Conf South as we let him go out on loan there
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:Surely, surely, surely next season we will have Goldberg back? The boy can do no more than score some quality strikes in pre-season, score for us when he gets a chance in the ESC and keep banging them in for the team he goes out on loan to? Not interested in hearing that he is only playing in Conf South as we let him go out on loan there
IF he signs a new contract, we will have him back. IF he turns down a contract, we will get compensation for him if he goes to a new club. I have no doubt that we would have recalled him if his dad wasn't the Bromley manager. Looks a good prospect anyway!
Daggers No 2 Fan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Dont think we are in a posistion to piss off any fans but one case appears in the heat of a battle the other case was in a tottally diffrent enviroement.
You're right, the situations were different. In Still's case was he not approached in a public place? So in all reality the person who approached him had no real right to even approach him. Whereas Burnett has had a go at someone who had paid to be where they were, and as I've read many times before, if they've paid their money they have a right to express their view, and shouldn't have the manager having a go at them for it.
And look at the difference in experience between Still and Burnett..
A complete irrelevance. Burnett isn't some spotty 16 year old with no life experience. He's spent a long time as a professional football player, so should be able to deal with getting a bit of stick.
According to his Wiki page it isn't the first time he's had a go at supporters anyway.

So to sum up - sent off twice in a season and has allegedly had a go at supporters on more than one occassion.
ARNU

Burnett isn't paid to take abuse but should expect it in the line of work he's in.So probably wise in most cases if a manager dosent react but its absolutely his right to do so if he feels he should.Obviously telling fans not to bother wasn't John Stills best work and the spectators acted accordingly which is absolutely their right too.I live by the saying "Its nice to be nice" but sometimes nice aint enough for some people.Someone calls you a useless c*** to your face,probably you are the bigger man if you can turn away from it,many wouldn't.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

He does seem to be angry quite a lot and lays into our players quite a bit. It can't be good for them to get ripped into every time they make a mistake. Maybe this is part of the reason our performances have dropped off.

Fwiw I think the best thing he's done is the quality of his signings. Saah, Hines and Murphy have done very well. Some of the loans like D'ath have also been good. However this season could easily have gone another way such is the similarity in standard across the division. I guess he's done very well in that case but I have to say I'm not filled with confidence for next season. Our form has been poor and we haven't looked good at home in months. He changes the side around every week and seems to want to play forwards on the wing like Azeez.
Richie

He's taken a side who had three seasons of losing to a side in the top half of the table, signed some good players and improved the style of football.

Keep doing what you're doing Wayne and coaching staff
Mark

He improved the style for a few months. At the moment we pass the ball in front of teams slowly and go absolutely nowhere. Then Saah bangs it long.
Lcbdagger

Just seen the highlights... my goodness the Dickson one on one looks even worse a second time round... seemd like he has half an hour between receiving the ball and trying to take a shot
NickMurphy

I think that given what was expected of us at the start of the season, Burnett and co have done a pretty bang up job. To be safe with a tally of points in the high fifties at this stage was certainly above my expectations this season - in all truth we were probably safe at the end of April.

That's not to say however that given the way results have gone for most of the season, we shouldn't be disappointed at failing to make a play-off crack. Frustrating, but a mid-table finish is more than good enough for me this season.
Dagger In The Heart

NickMurphy wrote:I think that given what was expected of us at the start of the season, Burnett and co have done a pretty bang up job. To be safe with a tally of points in the high fifties at this stage was certainly above my expectations this season - in all truth we were probably safe at the end of April.
You mean March I assume.....

Think some strengthening needs to be done at the back certainly otherwise I'll be worried for next season. Said to Sussex at the game, to say it was schoolboy would be extremely generous! How Torquay didn't score is beyond belief and proves why they are where they are.

However, I have to mention more points we've had taken away from Rhys' 3 ghost goals, of which I'm convinced should all have stood. A certain point at home to Fleetwood, a highly possible 2 points at home to Southend and certainly 1 if not all 3 at home to Hartlepool, without the deflection I thought they were never gonna score. That's 4, maybe 6 points lost.

Personally I think Burnett has done an excellent job this season, got over the standard winter lull in March and has in the most part signed good players, clearly Dickson aside. My personal belief is that at Newport he wouldn't have got so angry had they not scored, and I fully sympathise with him for it. It shows passion imo, and I'd probably have done the same.

Moving onto the home support. Seems others on here clearly hear the same stuff I do, that some members of the crowd haven't a blindin clue. I lose count of the number of times a game I hear cries of 'shoot', and then on shooting over the bar/wide cries for the opposite or berating the shot, or something similar with a pass or whatever, it really grinds my gears. You get out there and do it then! Yes some of the decision making ain't great, but don't bemoan a player for doing exactly what you've just asked. Also I feel some supporters get on the players backs far too quickly, even within 5 minutes of the start before there's been a chance at either end! Not exactly motivational if after the first pass you've made, that's probably perfectly fine and not lost possession anyway, some arse in the crowd thinks you could've done better by attempting some needle threading, and then likely moaning when you try that when you could've played it simple! If you don't like watching it, there's one simple solution!

Hopefully everyone'll get behind the lads tomorrow, perhaps we need to congregate all the away singing support in one place? But no doubt 10 seconds after kick off I'll hear somebody already moaning.....