club advertised Outside Dagenham East

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

yozdagger wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:00 am A new press officer...... ;-)
Go for it.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:23 am
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:36 am Why would I need to invest half a million? The current incumbents are not investing anything beyond the original investments of £200k and instead putting out begging bowls. Funny how they still can’t get a buyer nothing to do with their greed, including Hopkin in this who allegedly wants full return of his investment for his shares.

How close are we to the £150k target? What happens if we don’t reach it? Is everyone refunded or does the percentage of monies donated turn into a lesser percentage.

The silence is still deafening.
You can't have it all ways pup.

The club needs investment, and I'm pretty sure you can buy the currently worthless shares that people are whining about the board holding for a token amount and run the football club if you demonstrate that you have the funds needed to meet that investment.

So go for it. What would be the first change you would make?
Like I said the silence is deafening, even the mouth piece is acting like a politician and asking questions of what I would do. Laughable.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:05 pm
Like I said the silence is deafening, even the mouth piece is acting like a politician and asking questions of what I would do. Laughable.
I'm not sure I understand the question though, maybe it is me.

From what I believe, the club has not hit its target yet, but that was a target for the whole season. We are committed to the National League, have appointed a big, and well respected, name as manager and have the bones of a decent squad.

We are still strapped for cash though, still looking for an investor and all help is welcome, In other words, no change.

So what is it you want to know in choosing a story where a suggestion was made at the forum and then acted on, to start bitching and moaning again?
Diggerthedog

I merely suggested they resign if they are starting to listen. I would like an update as i'm sure many fans would. From the outside we are signing some players so all must be well, if you're saying that is not the case perhaps an announcement would be the right thing? Do we need investment or do we need to just live within our means?

The fact it took someone to suggest to have a sign outside the local station to actually do it, sums it all up. Tinpot.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:36 pm I merely suggested they resign if they are starting to listen. I would like an update as i'm sure many fans would. From the outside we are signing some players so all must be well, if you're saying that is not the case perhaps an announcement would be the right thing? Do we need investment or do we need to just live within our means?

The fact it took someone to suggest to have a sign outside the local station to actually do it, sums it all up. Tinpot.
If they resign, who is going to be running the club I wonder?

We have had PAID commercial managers who have not suggested a sign outside the station. Keep up the good suggestions, you never know, it might work.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:42 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:36 pm I merely suggested they resign if they are starting to listen. I would like an update as i'm sure many fans would. From the outside we are signing some players so all must be well, if you're saying that is not the case perhaps an announcement would be the right thing? Do we need investment or do we need to just live within our means?

We have had PAID commercial managers who have not suggested a sign outside the station. Keep up the good suggestions, you never know, it might work.
Who employed those commercial managers? Ummmmmmm
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:54 pm
Who employed those commercial managers? Ummmmmmm
When one of them got asked gently why they weren't doing a very good job, it all ended in tears I recall...

Cake and eat it time again!

You are heading up the DiggerDagger1 route now, you missed the question...
Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:42 pm
Diggerthedog

Asked Gently by Kim? Hahaha. Everyone knows he is a nasty bar Steward.

Who will run the club? Anyone who could do a better job, which is probably most people on the planet.
Auntie Merge

Great to see the club making some positive steps forward to bring in supporters and function hire.

Something else simple it needs to do is sort on the permalinks on the website.

so instead of the url ending /abcdefghxyxetc
it reads
/function-room-hire-dagenham
/next-game-colchester-friendly-2018

which will help SEO.
Auntie Merge

PS- i’ve still had nothing back from
the club on volunteering on marketing/sales/commercial. Has anyone else who volunteered heard anything?
daggersjeff

I had a reply a few weeks back and they would be in touch
BB-Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:55 am PS- i’ve still had nothing back from
the club on volunteering on marketing/sales/commercial. Has anyone else who volunteered heard anything?
I had a reply over 6 weeks ago as well saying they woke in touch soon....... basically I don’t expect a call back now.
Fearless

I volunteered as a steward for free. No reply. I am SIA trained and experienced in this area of work and really hoped to save the club money and I am disapointed that the club have not responded.
Diggerthedog

They don’t want your free work they want your donations to keep lining their pockets.
Chigwellian

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:39 am They don’t want your free work they want your donations to keep lining their pockets.
That made me laugh..... so true!! :lol: