Morgan Ferrier

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggerChris

Seems as though Morgan will be moving on given that Boreham Wood have announced that he has a release clause in his contract for £35,000.

Dont think our % of the sell on clause will be worth too much to us. Thought he would be worth a lot more than that, but that may have been one of the clauses that made him to go back to Boreham Wood.
EssexDagger!

Well played Boreham wood on that announcement and well played on their stance, agents too busy trying to line their pockets by orchestrating moves for their player’s every 6 months
Mark

I'm sure a few days ago the chairman said he was definitely staying for the season!

I guess our angle is the sell on of any sell on. If we had 20% and Boreham also negotiate 20% then if he gets sold again for 2m we suddenly get another 80k.
ThatRoundThing

Looks like it’s all kicking off again at BW. Yet another club statement issued re Ferrier’s new agent. Threats against manager and chairman, accusations of them both being “bent”. Both Tranmere and AFC Wimbledon have been mentioned in negotiations. Seems we have already been paid a total of £23k.

More to to be found on BW Twitter and website. Quite a bizarre read.
EssexDagger!

Auntie Merge

Wow. And we thought we had problems.
I guess we had a lucky escape on this.

I hope if you read through it, you realise even though we let players go, there were still some bonus clauses in the contract.
DaggerJoel11

Absolutely bizarre read once again in a statement which has somehow managed to come across as angrier than the previous one. That's not to say I don't applaud the openness from Boreham Wood who are bringing to light a situation which probably happens all the time beneath the surface. Sadly, even in non-league as Salford and Billericay are perfectly demonstrating, the problems existing in the top-level of the English game are slowly creeping into the lower leagues of the pyramid and another one of these is the power of agents. The moves they want to orchestrate are done to benefit them more than the player.

For us, it'd be brilliant if we didn't have to face Morgan in two weeks' time and if he was to go, something which seems quite likely despite another statement suggesting the contrary just a few weeks ago, our chances of getting anything there will be bolstered massively. After a disruptive year of football it's understandable that Ferrier would prefer to settle down, yet it's still strange he rejected Tranmere because that seems like a great move for both parties.

Interesting to see the true figure of his transfer from us too, and I wonder if there are any other clauses in his contract which could benefit us in the future. :eh:
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
diggerdave

£23k + vat in for us from the sale of Morgan was £18k+ vat but we got an extra £5k because they reached the play offs.

Only has a £35k release clause now so I cant see it helping us too much if we do have any sell on clauses but every little helps !!
Diggerthedog

Anyone would think this is not common place in football. It happens and player power is king.
ThatRoundThing

As Billericay has been mentioned, has anyone read the latest Tampin soundcloud interview? I won’t quote his “threats”, for want of a better word on here. It’s there for anyone to listen to if they wish to.
Auntie Merge

ThatRoundThing wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:34 pm As Billericay has been mentioned, has anyone read the latest Tampin soundcloud interview? I won’t quote his “threats”, for want of a better word on here. It’s there for anyone to listen to if they wish to.
oh please, do we have to listen to him to find out? Can’t you at least share some of it, to spare the rest of us having to endure the agony of listening to him?
ThatRoundThing

No, if you want to hear of potential dirt dished, endure it like I did . 😩
SUSSEX DAGGER

Getting back to Ferrier did we still not have to pay something for him coming here in the first place. Thought that was one off the reasons we had to sell cos we never had the money for the outstanding Bill. There was talk of a Tribunal , if that is so then the fee is a lot bigger then being disclosed surely
SUSSEX DAGGER

Getting back to Ferrier did we still not have to pay something for him coming here in the first place. Thought that was one off the reasons we had to sell cos we never had the money for the outstanding Bill. There was talk of a Tribunal , if that is so then the fee is a lot bigger then being disclosed surely
Auntie Merge

ThatRoundThing wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:08 pm No, if you want to hear of potential dirt dished, endure it like I did . 😩
I listened to it whilst I did housework. Nothing like getting two horrible jobs done at the same time.

To avoid the same misery on anyone else, there was nothing new, he says it all in the first few minutes. It is the same stuff he has tweeted in the past ‘I know stuff that would take the club down’. Boring and predictable.