Golden Kit on sale

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

Club issue a third kit this season
https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-LFHZlFjEI__Xr_69mnD
rebeldagger

Oh my, I like.

Brilliant idea by the club and good to see the club has gone for a one of the more favoured suppliers which should appeal to fans, both those whom are new to the club and the rest of whom have been around for some considerable time.

Good job.
Alan

Nice kit - and Nike?
rebeldagger

It may the poor resolution on my screen, but does it look a bit mustardy to any one else?

If so so, how does Dagenham and Mustard sound?.... I reckon that on a Norwich County flag wouldn't be too offensive would it?
daggersjeff

Is it available with the old badge? :banghead:
HarryHammer

What is going on with your club?

First, a mass exodus of management + players to Barnet, then you introduce a 3rd kit to match your north london rivals. Are you their new feeder club, in every sense now?
DaggerJoel11

So they're the ones who've nicked our managerial team and many of our players, but we're trying to emulate them? Maybe the club is just trying a new initiative to raise money while also giving supporters an exciting piece of merchandise to buy.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Auntie Merge

We were meant to have a special one off kit for our 25th anniversary last season. I wonder if this was it... aside from the badge?
Sagres

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:58 pm We were meant to have a special one off kit for our 25th anniversary last season. I wonder if this was it... aside from the badge?
The badge is here to stay - Move On
daggersjeff

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:33 pm So they're the ones who've nicked our managerial team and many of our players, but we're trying to emulate them? Maybe the club is just trying a new initiative to raise money while also giving supporters an exciting piece of merchandise to buy.
Joel,

Both the " new" badge and the TBS were the beginning of the demise of the Daggers as a family club.
Exciting merchandise?
Really?
DaggerJoel11

daggersjeff wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:20 pm
DaggerJoel11 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:33 pm So they're the ones who've nicked our managerial team and many of our players, but we're trying to emulate them? Maybe the club is just trying a new initiative to raise money while also giving supporters an exciting piece of merchandise to buy.
Joel,

Both the " new" badge and the TBS were the beginning of the demise of the Daggers as a family club.
Exciting merchandise?
Really?
What I mean is that you can't really fault the club for this because it seems quite a well-thought idea. I know that Thompson said at a forum a while back that we'd never even think about having a third strip, but circumstances change. I imagine the shirt didn't cost much to produce as it's a bulk-bought template but people will buy it because it's different. Hence the 'exciting merchandise' part. It will generate money and surely anything that does that at this stage is a good thing.

The whole new badge saga was a huge mistake imo. We took something with a meaning to the club and replaced it with a soulless new one. Nobody is happy about it but it's here to stay and not worth talking about really.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Auntie Merge

Sagres wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:18 pm
Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:58 pm We were meant to have a special one off kit for our 25th anniversary last season. I wonder if this was it... aside from the badge?
The badge is here to stay - Move On
When there was talk of the anniversary kit, it was going to have the traditional club crest, so no, I will not move on.

The new badge will soon represent a time in this club’s history that would like to forget. Expect the club crest, or a copyrighted version of it, to be reinstated in the future.
rebeldagger

Auntie Merge wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:48 am When there was talk of the anniversary kit, it was going to have the traditional club crest, so no, I will not move on.

The new badge will soon represent a time in this club’s history that would like to forget. Expect the club crest, or a copyrighted version of it, to be reinstated in the future.
I'd like to agree with Auntie here, it's as if that ever since our relegation from league one to league two and all what has happened since has had an adverse effect on the health of the club as a whole.

Poor choices were made, that lead to less and less coming through the gates, which in turn has lead us to where we are now.

Yet I do see this forthcoming season as a turning point, we're at the bottom of a crest, we've reached the low point and from here we can only rise. With a new, respected and experienced manager at the helm we're on the road to recovery, I'm not expecting great things from next season, yet I am expecting the foundation to be set for the future of this club.

As Auntie points out, the current emblem represents a time in this club's history that is best not brought up, to start afresh and bring new life into the club we need an emblem we can all agree too, and I'd have a fare idea of what that would be.
TomMc

rebeldagger wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:12 am we need an emblem we can all agree too, and I'd have a fare idea of what that would be.
Arnu standing under a bridge?
rebeldagger

TomMc wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:41 am
rebeldagger wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:12 am we need an emblem we can all agree too, and I'd have a fare idea of what that would be.
Arnu standing under a bridge?
eating a hat of course too