Early Bird extension.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Whats the chances of them extending the window for the early bird ST deal ?

I ask as I am not renewing for quite a few reasons.Hear me out.....

1....Not sure if club will go bust and nick my money( probably the main one)
2....Don't know what players we have.(Not normally a problem as that's always been the case)
3....Not really up for 23 straight home defeats(This could be the main one)
4....Do I want to commit to a season of woe and a club that has 5th bottom as its target ?
5....I can watch better football cheaper.
6....I'm not buying this pay £50 more for my ST because weve ****** it all up by not doing our due diligence on Glynn Hopkyn. Just run that by me again...Club board get us into this mess and I bail them out ??
7...No 1 again because its such a concern.
8...Cant understand why Peter Taylor, a man who could get work higher up would want this challenge.Call me a cynic(I am one)

I need quite a bit of coaxing back,I can live without it(It can live without me too) and I can return when and if stability returns.I'll pay on the door for a bit unless its total rubbish(Sort of what I'm expecting tbh)
Save your abuse,these are fair points of view,all that Im a Dagger Bollix has gone to Barnet now hasnt it :pilot: ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Voice of reason

Quite reasonable I think Arnu
Reassurance is overdue
I'll be paying by credit card which offers protection if we go bust
lupins

1. In my opinion we seem to be addressing issues but then again any club could, Villa now. Pay by credit card doesn't that offer some protection
2. We often don't know our players at this time that's half the fun who knows what gems we may find
3. Very unlikely but if it is only one win you wouldn't want to miss it
4. Maybe the challenge this year is different and maybe exciting in itself and didn't we used to thrive on trying to punch above our weight
5. You can watch a higher level cheaper but that doesn't guarantee a contest or a good game especially if you have no investment in either side
6. You aren't bailing them out by paying a reasonable price for a ticket and there was no one Board or Supporter who saw the GH scenario unfolding
7. As above
8. Perhaps Peter Taylor genuinely wants the challenge at this point in time why is that so odd and likes working with Terry Harris
9. You could change your handle to Arenew
rebeldagger

Arnu, I and am sure nearly all of us do share and appreciate some of your concerns, and to some extent at least and I'm pleased you've been open to express them, as this allows for some constructive discussion. (well till it all goes to the wall and some one calls some else a Nazi or should that be a North Korean?)

As for your points.

1:
I don't believe this will happen, while yes it is daft to say it won't happen, as anything can happen, the board have made the decision to commit to the league for the forthcoming season. The board have, with the aid of Hopkin, seen us through to the end of last season, and with the inevitable sale of players plus work going on behind closed doors I do have the confidence that we would be able too see out the season.

2:
As you say that hasn't stopped you before, our academy did relatively well last year and although it's beyond disappointing to loose Hyde, I'm hoping that along side some of the more experienced players and the management team we have, some of those players will be able to step up to the plate for the forthcoming season, even if they are to be sold by January.

3:
I honestly don't believe that will happen, yet I am not expecting a top table finish either. I appreciate it'll be a struggle, yet I'm going to back any players that dons the shirt and fights for this club.

4:
Didn't we do that under Burnett? Granted bad example as that was probably at the beginning of this mess, yet I'd be surprised if Taylor's record will be as bad as Burnett's.

5:
Yea, we all can, yet for some reason or another we've chosen to come to Dagenham & Redbridge, it's probably not for what's on the pitch to be fair, yet the experience that comes with it, the days out, the afternoon / evening with a few friends, a few beers and a game of football, mixing and meeting new people and getting behind a local team, all together supporting the Daggers. We need to get this spirit back, and it won't happen with people staying away. This is what backing your team is all about.

6:
The members of the board, love them or loath them, have put in a fair chunk of their own money into the club, just to keep it afloat. They're putting in their time and efforts to get us out of this mess. Yes we are in the mire though poor choices made by them, yet would you really want some one else, whom may not have the passion or the want to put in as much effort as the current board has? I fully believe that when this is over there needs to be some substantial restructure of the club. Yet lets get out of the mire first.

7:
Going back over what I've said, I do have the confidence the board is doing all in their power, and more, in order to keep us afloat.

8:
If you didn't get the chance to look over his interview that was published on the club's Youtube account, Taylor explains why he came to us, and maybe he fancies a job closer to home, sure is closer then New Zealand and Bahrain.
ARNU

Some good responses....

And the extension of early bird deal ??

Be interesting to see how many renewals/ sales there have been.
Richie

I don't see how any of your points warrant an extension of the early bird deal.

1....Not sure if club will go bust and nick my money( probably the main one)
2....Don't know what players we have.(Not normally a problem as that's always been the case)
3....Not really up for 23 straight home defeats(This could be the main one)

When will you deem yourself comfortable of these?
ARNU

I'm thinking if we normally sell 700 ST's in the early bird deal and we've currently only sold say 150( just guessing), that would suggest a major decline in ST sales so.....

If you can't flog them in the early bird deal, you ain't selling many at full price. I will not pay full price so if it's just me then no problem. But if things look to be more stable come late July I might reconsider. Just a thought. It's not all about me and I may be totally wrong but if my hypothetical is correct I don't see the club have any other choice but to extend the deal, even reduce the price.

Also what's better 10 sales @ £199 or no sales at £350 ?
DagenhamDan

[

1:
5:
Yea, we all can, yet for some reason or another we've chosen to come to Dagenham & Redbridge, it's probably not for what's on the pitch to be fair, yet the experience that comes with it, the days out, the afternoon / evening with a few friends, a few beers and a game of football, mixing and meeting new people and getting behind a local team, all together supporting the Daggers. We need to get this spirit back, and it won't happen with people staying away. This is what backing your team is all about.

This^^^^^ COYD!
BB-Dagger

DagenhamDan wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:09 pm [

1:
5:

This^^^^^ COYD!

Ditto
Auntie Merge

In answer to point 1, I can’t see us going bust.

a) because if there was the slightest chance we wouldn’t finish the season, we’d have lost the AGM cup and Woking would have been given a reprieve. This has not happened; our place in the National League is confirmed.

b) because Glyn Hopkin is a shareholder. Even though he took his toys away, he is still involved with the club and as others have commented elsewhere, it would not help his business if we went bust. In this respect I think its fair to say the club has probably got him by the balls and all they need to do is give his balls a gentle squeeze to get some cash.

To be honest, I’m surprised he hasn’t plugged the £100,000 gap already, unless he is waiting to see what is raised by player sales. I expect come the new season, his advertising boards will be back and he will be sponsoring us in one form or another.
Mark

On the subject of the academy raised above. I'm a bit surprised nobody other than Bonds was offered a deal so far. I guess we need to shift a few first but I think there's a couple of lads who could be worth a contract. Hopefully they don't all sign elsewhere.
Mike the Dagger

Mark wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:10 pm On the subject of the academy raised above. I'm a bit surprised nobody other than Bonds was offered a deal so far. I guess we need to shift a few first but I think there's a couple of lads who could be worth a contract. Hopefully they don't all sign elsewhere.
Maybe it needs the new management team to take a look first?
EssexDagger!

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:31 pm In answer to point 1, I can’t see us going bust.

a) because if there was the slightest chance we wouldn’t finish the season, we’d have lost the AGM cup and Woking would have been given a reprieve. This has not happened; our place in the National League is confirmed.

b) because Glyn Hopkin is a shareholder. Even though he took his toys away, he is still involved with the club and as others have commented elsewhere, it would not help his business if we went bust. In this respect I think its fair to say the club has probably got him by the balls and all they need to do is give his balls a gentle squeeze to get some cash.

To be honest, I’m surprised he hasn’t plugged the £100,000 gap already, unless he is waiting to see what is raised by player sales. I expect come the new season, his advertising boards will be back and he will be sponsoring us in one form or another.

Do you know something we don’t Merge? :)
Diggerthedog

Makes no sense him to keep putting money in. Many bigger business men have been behind failed sports teams and its had no effect on other businesses let alone a used car salesmen. I hope he don’t come back, if he does he would get a piece of my mind and deservedly so.

I reckon his own business (please god) has more chance of going pop then the club.
ARNU

I got a letter from the club this morning offering an extension to the early bird offer till June 30th. Also asks me why I haven't renewed. This is obviously a nice touch but I can't see really how they can expect a 25% rise in the ticket price can be justified for what is nailed on to be a poorer standard of football with relegation again a certainty. Can anyone name the team ?

A nice gesture as I've said but I'm giving it a swerve.