Volunteers Needed

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

The club are looking for volunteers woth a variety of skills.

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-LEA4Zx5NUAbv8xjNh4Q
Auntie Merge

On the point of sweeping up after the game, it might be an idea for the club to bring round a few rubbish sacks to the Carling before the end of tje game.

Since they had to move the bin from
the top of the stairs for health and safety reasons, they could make it easier for people to clear up after themselves.

Just a suggestion.
triplescarf

Sigh. It's like going to the cinema. Why on earth can't people just not be lazy and take their rubbish to a bin, or even home with them?! But the bin bag idea is a good one.
BB-Dagger

Out of interest, has anyone else volunteered by email and had no response?
Mike the Dagger

What email did you use??
BB-Dagger

I used the link on the club website and CC’d ST
rebeldagger

Has anyone had any positive replies from the club on this?

Sure we are quite the creative bunch, when you consider the podcast, the fan twitter accounts we have, as well as those that have used their own time to write for the match day programme and the fanzines.

Looking at social media, it's a brilliant way of engaging with people, from all over, it's relatively inexpensive and would not be as time consuming as other mediums of promotion.

Take for example Twitter, we have over 33k followers. What are we doing to entice them, to get them interested in the club, to spread the word and get them through that gate?

Barnet have 29k, Aldershot have 34.5k and Tranmere have 42.6k, so we're comparative against them, naturally counting for bots and fake accounts. You may have seen other teams using tools such as Twitter to their great advantage, even if it is getting our name out there. Done right it may work well for us and is worth a crack.

Sometimes I find the Twitter account is somewhat lacking, and not keeping up with the market, it's social media, so it's needs to be more social more engaging with the fans, the wider public and other clubs.
Diggerthedog

Not sure why as usual is down to us as fans to promote the club, problem is the club run by dinosaurs. The girl that used to run the social media was really good at it (not the one now at Orient) but we never did replace her properly despite at the time the MD giving himself a pay rise. Twitter and Facebook are now the biggest avenues of free advertising but you would never know it with our club.
rebeldagger

Aren't we trying or looking to be a club owned by the fan's?

I agree the woman we had before did a good job and it would be brilliant to have her or someone like her back. Yet like you say , I don't think the board is best placed to hire someone like that at this stage. So maybe we should step up. We all have an affinity with this club for some reason or another.
Sagres

Jodie Crane was the Marketing & Media Manager
Auntie Merge

I volunteered to help with sales & marketing from July. I offered 4 hours a week, as I wanted to be able to commit to helping long term, rather than volunteer and then pull out in a couple of weeks time. I've yet to have a response.
I have a lot of experience running twitter and social media accounts for businesses as well as customer engagement. It will be interesting to see if anything comes from it.