Factions

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Northern Redbridgian

It now seems like we have at least 4 factions:

1. Those who support the current board to take the club forward and who place a large amount of blame with the flag owners and email creators/distributors.

2. Those who see the board and ST in particular as the main problem but who also see Simmo as somebody who let the club down by denying passing on the email, etc.

3. Those who see the board and ST in particular as the main problem and who feel that they have created a scapegoat in Simmo, who deserves better for the years of service he gave to the club.

4. Those whose only real interest is to see the club survive and field the strongest team it can next season, grow its fan base, recreate the Daggers spirit and give us something to cheer about.

I am in faction 4.

I don’t know any of the characters in this charade particularly well. I have spoken with ST and Simmo on occasions in the past - both seemed to be genuine fans of the club and to care about it but I don’t know anything like enough about who has done or said what to form a clear view either way. What is more, I don’t really care. Nobody should be bigger than the club and those that carry on with the arguments are allowing this to happen.

I should imagine it will be a matter of minutes before somebody turns this thread into a fresh argument.
Chigwellian

I'm in section 3
ARNU

I'm in group 5...Those that believe the whole sorry affair has ruined irreparably what was once a great club. That also see what's coming as totally uninspiring. The politics is very nauseating and the other factions, none of them will let it lie. This will go on and on and I'm almost done I think.

The fact I'm still posting here must mean I have some distant hope but even if you take all the bullshit out, the thought of watching a club with no hope die is not my idea of fun.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger83

Northern Redbridgian wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:58 pm I should imagine it will be a matter of minutes before somebody turns this thread into a fresh argument.
20180522_222438.jpg
Interesting thread title for one that shouldn't be argumentative...
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Northern Redbridgian

No it isn’t. 😀
RayleighDagger1986

combination of faction 2 and 4
Voice of reason

ARNU wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:01 pm I'm in group 5...Those that believe the whole sorry affair has ruined irreparably what was once a great club. That also see what's coming as totally uninspiring. The politics is very nauseating and the other factions, none of them will let it lie. This will go on and on and I'm almost done I think.

The fact I'm still posting here must mean I have some distant hope but even if you take all the bullshit out, the thought of watching a club with no hope die is not my idea of fun.
good sense Arnu
Probably speaking for 90% of people who attend games
mickeyblue

Exactly that arnu.
but we finished 9th!
Dagger42

Faction 6 I just want to watch football and have a pint with my mates before game.
IanC

Ooh I must be in 6 too! 🍺🍺
Sagres

4 & 6
ARNU

On reflection I doubt members o factions 4,5 and 6 would have any real issues about amalgamating and would probably not be too bothered if factions 1,2 and 3 vanished up their own arse.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
hockley dagger

I suppose option 5 is a more pessimistic/realistic view of the situation (take your pick). I must say all this nonsense with flags, e mails and he said this and she said that is totally pointless. I tried explaining it all to my mate from Yorkshire and he was totally bewildered. It actually makes Mr Tamplin and Billericay seem quite sensible in comparison...