Hopkins reasoning gone...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
yozdagger

Question..... the reason we were given for Hopkins bailing was the whole "fake email" saga. Apparently Glyn didnt want to be "associated with fans who would stoop to creating a fake email" to get the MD sacked......

Fast forward and its been alledged that Simmo was in fact the source of the fake email... and he was quite happy to throw some fans "under the bus" letting them get banning orders for it. Then the club announce Simmo has resigned and the banning orders lifted - so I have to assume that Simmo finally owned up and the club realise the fans were not at fault...

But it now raises the question - as its now proven that the fans acted in good faith (after all they were given the email by a long standing member / board member so had no reason to doubt the emails authenticity).... and it seems an internal issue was the cause. Hopkins whole reasoning for pulling out has now gone.... has the board explained this to him?
dagger4eva

Nail hit well and truly on the head!!!!!

I doubt it would be enough for Glyn to reconsider at this stage - but it would be decent if he were to give a statement himself acknowledging that actually the claims of a "vicious campaign" were actually a nonsense!

A shame the club didnt take the opportunity of using todays statement to include an apology to the now unbanned supporters.
Last edited by dagger4eva on Tue May 22, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike the Dagger

That's an odd first posl! Someone with an agenda?

Trouble is it isn't just "an internal matter" is it? The fans in question persisted with the flags after being asked not to, then when presented with this email decided to ambush Hopkin , effectively the clubs owner, with it rather than raise it openly through other channels.

Bear in mind it seems a lot of people, including the Supporters Club committee knew about this fake email, and where it came from, for at least a couple of weeks before it was passed to Hopkin.

Even when it became clear the issue was ripping the club to bits they still persisted with protecting Simmo rather than out him as the source.

This whole thing is a symptom of the issues between a small section of our supporters and the board. It has all but killed the club.

TBH no wonder Hopkin stopped pouring in his hard earned cash to it and walked away.
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Tue May 22, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
RayleighDagger1986

Thr club statement says that Simmo wasn't the creator of the fake email. The question is, who gave it to Simmo in tbe first place?
dagger4eva

Glyn may have been pissed off with the flags but it was the email issue that prompted him to finally walk away.

I think the term ambush is OTT but I dont think he was the wrong person to have approached with the email, given as u say he was effectively the owner.

If im honest - I genuinely think the club is on its last legs - liking to someone on the death bed, waiting for nurse to turn off the life support.

Im personally fed up with the whole shenanigans to the extent that am seriously considering walking away. That fking pains me to say it too! Ive no interest in buying a ST, no interest in signing up for full membership when u have self righteous pricks such as Colin Everett on its Committee telling people to bugger off if they dont like certain things.

What a sorry old state
yozdagger

Nothing odd about the post - been a long time reader and have tried many times to sort my registration out - finally managed to do it...
I post a few times on the FB group - and yes I have an agenda - asking the tough questions of the board that others wont!!

Other have their own agenda - like giving the board a free ride despite the colossal screw up they have made... some may be willing to pucker up... not me... I call it as I see it.... in any other business they would have been sacked.

Oh, and I love your quote "when presented with this email decided to ambush Hopkin , effectively the clubs owner, with it rather than raise it openly through other channels"..... err surely the OWNER is the right channel.... especially if your complaint is about the company management.
Mike the Dagger

This was two(?) fans handing over a photo of an email shown to them by a long time member of the board.

If we believe the SC, they were unaware that the goal of the meeting they asked for with Hopkin after the Wrexham game was to discuss the email, yet the SC facilitated it anyway, knowing that the people asking for the meeting had it.

Hopkin used the word ambush for that meeting, and still does.

Surely the proper route here was for the SC to raise it officially, not drop it on Hopkin out of the blue? If they then got no response, then you go to the top.
daggerfirst

dagger4eva wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:09 am Nail hit well and truly on the head!!!!!

I doubt it would be enough for Glyn to reconsider at this stage - but it would be decent if he were to give a statement himself acknowledging that actually the claims of a "vicious campaign" were actually a nonsense!

A shame the club didnt take the opportunity of using todays statement to include an apology to the now unbanned supporters.
Why should the club apologise to the now unbanned supporters?
They knew the club baned the flags from home games but they carried on taking them to away games.
They were told repeatedly not to take the flags.
And now they are treated like ******** heroes?

The flag owners helped bring the club down along with the person who approved the board to spend money it didn't have.

The email is a smokescreen.

Rotten that Simmo has been made a scapegoat in this after all these years services to the club.
Alan

Isn’t the Simmo issue one of trust of the board and members rather than scapegoating?
Diggerthedog

I think the point of the first post was valid, the club were 100% sure it was a set of fans that made up the email and now release a statement with egg all over their faces. As for people going on about flags, they were their to make a point and after this statement have highlighted how the club is actually run as a dictatorship and wont listen to anybody but themselves. One of their own has screwed them over,what an absolute circus it really is.

Find it unbelievable that the current hierarchy have not offered their resignations.
ThatRoundThing

yozdagger wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:05 am Question..... the reason we were given for Hopkins bailing was the whole "fake email" saga. Apparently Glyn didnt want to be "associated with fans who would stoop to creating a fake email" to get the MD sacked......

Fast forward and its been alledged that Simmo was in fact the source of the fake email... and he was quite happy to throw some fans "under the bus" letting them get banning orders for it. Then the club announce Simmo has resigned and the banning orders lifted - so I have to assume that Simmo finally owned up and the club realise the fans were not at fault...

But it now raises the question - as its now proven that the fans acted in good faith (after all they were given the email by a long standing member / board member so had no reason to doubt the emails authenticity).... and it seems an internal issue was the cause. Hopkins whole reasoning for pulling out has now gone.... has the board explained this to him?
Having read peoples views on the latest club statement offering I can’t help but wonder if there are a lot more revelations still to come. The supporter who was banned was interviewed by board directors and strenuously denied being the originator of the “fake email” but it fell on deaf ears. Meanwhile a Director of this football club sat back and did nothing and even at first denied any involvement with the email.

Is it at all possible that the “fake” email was actually genuine at source and sent to various Directors and staff within the club? It is possible that a couple of National League clubs could have been left of the recipient list in error which yes by the time it was presented to Hopkin was a smartphone photo of the email.
One director has now been proven to have lied to in an attempt to save his own arse.

A thread a couple of weeks back quoted in so many words “ Just because you are told something is true doesn’t necessarily mean it is true”

This whole saga is a total embarrassment to the club.
To dagger4eva, I think we are both singing from the same hymn sheet mate.
daggerfirst

ThatRoundThing wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:13 pm
yozdagger wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:05 am Question..... the reason we were given for Hopkins bailing was the whole "fake email" saga. Apparently Glyn didnt want to be "associated with fans who would stoop to creating a fake email" to get the MD sacked......

Having read peoples views on the latest club statement offering I can’t help but wonder if there are a lot more revelations still to come. The supporter who was banned was interviewed by board directors and strenuously denied being the originator of the “fake email” but it fell on deaf ears. Meanwhile a Director of this football club sat back and did nothing and even at first denied any involvement with the email.

Is it at all possible that the “fake” email was actually genuine at source and sent to various Directors and staff within the club? It is possible that a couple of National League clubs could have been left of the recipient list in error which yes by the time it was presented to Hopkin was a smartphone photo of the email.
One director has now been proven to have lied to in an attempt to save his own arse.

A thread a couple of weeks back quoted in so many words “ Just because you are told something is true doesn’t necessarily mean it is true”

This whole saga is a total embarrassment to the club.
To dagger4eva, I think we are both singing from the same hymn sheet mate.
Wait a mo. Are you saying that if the email wasn't fake that Simmo lied. Surely to protectthe board. He is a scapegoat. Well and truly sharfted.
Other people should resign.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:10 pm I think the point of the first post was valid, the club were 100% sure it was a set of fans that made up the email and now release a statement with egg all over their faces. As for people going on about flags, they were their to make a point and after this statement have highlighted how the club is actually run as a dictatorship and wont listen to anybody but themselves. One of their own has screwed them over,what an absolute circus it really is.

Find it unbelievable that the current hierarchy have not offered their resignations.
They weren't "100% sure" that the fans had made the email up because it was obviously based on the actual email that was sent. It therefore seemed likely that it had actually come from inside the club. What the ban was about was, that having pointed out that the email was fake, and asked where they had got it from, the fans in question then went to ground.

It took the ban, and subsequently Simmo chucking them under the bus when he should have put his hand up, to actually get them to out him.

Once we get the club sorted, if we do, then we need to look at how we got here and potential resignations. If they went right now, who would do that?
Mike the Dagger

daggerfirst wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:06 pm
Wait a mo. Are you saying that if the email wasn't fake that Simmo lied. Surely to protectthe board. He is a scapegoat. Well and truly sharfted.
:banghead:

It was based in an actual email. The distribution list had been faked to make it look like it had been sent to all clubs.
daggerfirst

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:08 pm
daggerfirst wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:06 pm
:banghead:

It was based in an actual email. The distribution list had been faked to make it look like it had been sent to all clubs.
Which independent source has verified it is a fake or is it only the club and the clubs IT people saying it is.