Getting More Local Daggers Through The Turnstyles

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
PatrickJ1980

After returning from last Thursday’s meeting it was apparent after a few questions from the floor that the current commitee however difficult the current situation is don’t seem to be doing enough to entice old or new supporters to the Stadium on match days.
Firstly the jump from 10-16 to concessions is far to great!
Take my son for instance who has just turned 17, the early bird is £90 for u/16 then jumps to £199 for consessions.
Has my son all of a sudden come into some extra money then?
He is still in full time education and doesn’t work!
I feel if in full time education then the price should stay the same at £90 early bird.
My other point is how the hell are we going to attract new younger supporters when they can pay £99 at Westham and watch Premiership football!
Even adults can get a season ticket for £289 which is cheaper than at Daggers!
With the unrest & unhappiness with local Westham fans at Stratford this would be an excellent time to entice them over to Victoria Road.
Why not offer current Westham & ex season ticket holders from last season a season ticket at Daggers for £125-£150!
They will also probably bring there kids & a few mates which will increase the attendance and match day sales bar , etc.
Just an idea, just seems little opportunities being overlooked!
Thanks PJ
Dagger42

Bet the £ 289 ticket is nowhere near pitch.
Dagger83

Dagger42 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:48 pm Bet the £ 289 ticket is nowhere near pitch.
Surely the ones closest to the pitch should be the cheapest at West Ham?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
PatrickJ1980

I think the £289 ones are at the back!
You probably need binoculars at that place!
hockley dagger

Patrick is bang on concerning under 18s who these days have to be in education or training. They ought to be treated as children price wise. In addition The concessions price ought to apply to under 24s who are more likely to be students or not eligible for the adult minimum wage. Hockley Dagger junior tells me an under 18 can get a season ticket at Millwall for £99. The club did the right thing in reducing terrace tickets to £15 but will that be honoured this year? If it does stay at £15 the £250 terrace season ticket looks a bit marginal to me. But increase it and walk up supporters might be put off. Catch 22.
ARNU

They need to try and retain the fans they already got first. First time in years I'm not getting an ST , im totally uninspired.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

why not Arnu? This season is going to be tough on the pitch but more importantly even harder off the pitch. When the club needs you most you’re running off? Strange supporter.
Dagger42

Do more kids for a kid if you buy an adult ticket during season instead of Daggers against racism (Jinx) day money losing price.This way the might see a win and come back.
Alan

I’ve always thought the idea of reduced price entry for those holding a season ticket at another club might get a few in. But what price? If you made it £10 they’d be getting in for less than season ticket holders who bought a terrace early bird ticket; if you make it more, is it attractive given that it is (or was) £15 without a discount?
ARNU

To DTD....

What I find strange is people blindly coughing up money into a club that could go bankrupt tomorrow and seemingly has no idea what it's going to be or whether it's even going to exist. Also strange is how they gcan possibly expect me to find enthusiasm for a team with no manager or players who won't be that great cos they can't pay them so the quality of play will be inferior so how should that possibly cost me more ?

Strangest of all is the measurement of loyalty based on what liberties a football club can take with you yet you still follow.

I'll attend occasionally till we know what direction the club is going in.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:49 am To DTD....

What I find strange is people blindly coughing up money into a club that could go bankrupt tomorrow and seemingly has no idea what it's going to be or whether it's even going to exist. Also strange is how they gcan possibly expect me to find enthusiasm for a team with no manager or players who won't be that great cos they can't pay them so the quality of play will be inferior so how should that possibly cost me more ?

Strangest of all is the measurement of loyalty based on what liberties a football club can take with you yet you still follow.

Loyality is stronger for those that have been around for longer I guess. I detest the current board and the mess they have caused, but they are not bigger than the club itself. The club have advised what the direction is, we need to get through this coming season and live within our means from the following one.

See our last promotion from this division we had a handful of full time players the rest were part time, Macc comfortably won the league this year on a tiny budget. Look how long it took for Veggie Green to get out spending £2m+ a year for several years, you do not need money to do well just a good manager and a group of hard working players.
dagger4eva

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:10 pm
ARNU wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:49 am To DTD....

Loyality is stronger for those that have been around for longer I guess. I detest the current board and the mess they have caused, but they are not bigger than the club itself. The club have advised what the direction is, we need to get through this coming season and live within our means from the following one.

See our last promotion from this division we had a handful of full time players the rest were part time, Macc comfortably won the league this year on a tiny budget. Look how long it took for Veggie Green to get out spending £2m+ a year for several years, you do not need money to do well just a good manager and a group of hard working players.
Wrong - they (unfortunately) ARE now bigger than the club itself - they own it!
Diggerthedog

Don't remind me :banghead:
triplescarf

They've lowered the Junior Carling Stand prices to £100 early bird, £110 thereafter:

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-LD1lNrUGyQAhE_pCWv4
ARNU

To DTD again....

You've just done that loyalty " my cocks bigger than yours" thing with your comment re being around longer. Like your more worthy and somehow more special. You aren't and you aren't. Technically and actually I've been around longer than you unless your youthful looks hide an age of over 52.

I've not said I won't support Dagenham just that the current offer is unclear ( looks pretty shite if I'm honest) and financially seems a bit of a gamble to commit to a year of it. My £250 won't be the difference between survival or going bust. Even if they sold a 1000 st's it won't go that far will it.

I'm gonna guess over half the current st holders won't buy one. For a number of reasons not least the horrible atmosphere that's now around the place.