John Still?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

I'd expect we almost need John to take the back room team with him in order to free up wages for a new manager. Otherwise one of the current lot will be offered it to save money. I'd think John will go for Harris though.

With Barnet being nearby and having a bigger budget and our old scouting network, we are going to find it very tough to get the right sort of players from the lower divisions now. The next Robson, Fejiri, Whitely etc will be in black and amber. I expect them to hit the playoffs.

Wonder how many of our out of contract players he'll take. You'd have to expect he'd be doing everything he can to get Robson. If Fejiri is under contract I guess we'll be hawking him all round leagues 1 and 2 to raise a few grand.
Auntie Merge

I’m sad to see the departure of John Still yet again, but not altogether surprised.
1. Whilst he finds gems, he never functions well without money.
2. He was given money and he went crazy. Whilst others may have approved the spending and signings, he couldn’t help himself and built a squad of 28! This is Dagenham, this is his club - even with money he should have remembered that.
2. After we beat Macclesfield at home in October the team went on a downhill spiral, apparently because they knew the money was running out. Why wasn’t the team spirit that saw us through the last few months, instantly kicking in? He has to accept some responsibility for that.
3. He is a Daggers legend but he is also self-serving. We got screwed on his contract when he went to Luton, and now, when once again the club could do with some money, he has let himself walk away for free. Yes we want him off the wage bill, but even £10k would add something to the Daggers funds.
4. He hasn’t been well. He still does not look well. I honestly thought he was going to retire; no one would blame him if he did. I can understand the pull of wanting to get Barnet straight back up and having a final push at success, but not if it sacrifices his health.
5. Ever since Leytonstone Ilford, he always said he would sign me a husband. Like that worked out well!!!
Good luck again John, you are a Daggers legend. I’ll miss you, and I wish you well (but not that well; we’re in the same division. All 6-0 victories are Daggers). I’m proud to be a Dagger, with or without you.