Tonights meeting

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

So the extent of tonight, or at least to the best l can sum up at almost 1am.

Board were recommended / advised to liquidate the club.
Despite everything they apparently took heart that it was saveable..

The full members have 26% but on the proviso and only on this proviso that the club is able to raise 150k in donations, are they prepared to give a pointless 5% 'back' to the full members, raising the figure to 31%

With this in mind and even more insultingly, despite the fact Thompson kept wanting people to know that "its your club" - are happy and were smug enough to sit there and effectively laugh off my question of not handing the 12% shareholding given to them by Glyn back over to members, simply because "thats what he wanted". Well FU** what glyn wants. Why should they keep hold of it (FOR FREE)

The begging bowl was then extended out to everyone - not only in terms of cash but in terms of people being asked to clear litter from the ground, run functions or whatever else they were rambling on about - all stuff that shouldve really been happening during the clubs prime, claiming they now wanted to go back to how the club used to be.

Season ticket prices released (increases across the board)
Full membership reopened.

You then had a host of people in the crowd moaning about a pound extra here and a pound extra here upon confirmation of next years season ticket prices which was really was tedious and thoroughly depressing.

Stilly departed - you can bet your bottom dollar hes off to barnet.

This whole thing was really was little more than a con and a charade. More self preservation. STILL no responsibility taken. Same old - status quo maintained, albeit with the money thats needed realistically, all just a drop in the ocean.

Frankly, and to summarise, the people who have run the club into the ground to get us where we are today remain 'in charge'
Incopompetent at best, though some would say negligent. I frankly dont know if l wanna be part of the current shit show setup we have right now. It seems as broken as ive ever known it.
Sooner see a phoenix club setup or do something else with myself on a Saturday.

I know l said l wouldnt post further on the matter but im quite a disgruntled Dagger right now. Apologies for the rant.
Last edited by dagger4eva on Fri May 18, 2018 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
dagger4eva

BTW - where was Simmo tonight?
Wouldve expected him, as the full members representative to be in attendance. Or was there perhaps something the club wished to keep a secret from everyone this evening.

Conspiracies are a wonderful thing hey... :)
Dagger42

What will the season ticket prices be and when will they go on sale?
ARNU

There's a distinct smell of coffee over here.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Thanks for the summary D4E, are we any wiser though from last night gathering? Very sad the club has got in such a downward spiral when a few months back it was such a pleasure to walk down Victoria road to what looked like such good times ahead. Still not sure what direction we're going in? Did see on the Barnet forums JS heading North West was on one thread there, the only very slight thing I'm banking on is a few sides in our level and just above, your Macc Town's, Accy and Wycombe's had so much low level and fighting for their lives honour as of late, backs against the wall jobs and look at them now! Somehow we just gotta get through this?
Diggerthedog

Dagger42 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:40 am What will the season ticket prices be and when will they go on sale?
On sale now. All prices have gone up except kids.
dagger4eva

I forgot to add, stilly confirmed all the players that departed during the fire sale did so with sell on clauses.

That was about the most positive bit of news l heard all night.
NBDag

For the raising of donations- is it not possible for the members club to be allowed to open up membership again? £1k buy in like I believe it used to be, then all of that can be injected into the club. I know it will not lead to £150k being raised, but surely £10k can come about from this?
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:03 am For the raising of donations- is it not possible for the members club to be allowed to open up membership again? £1k buy in like I believe it used to be, then all of that can be injected into the club. I know it will not lead to £150k being raised, but surely £10k can come about from this?
It has now been reopened.
honkytonk

Hello all

First time poster, long time lurker.

So are we any wiser regarding the "direction" of the club, FT or PT next season?? Are we heading to the inevitable or are we sailing through a sea of fiscal turbulence with a plan to live within or means until a saviour/solution is found??
DI Mike Dashwood

Strikes me some people went along hoping or awaited news hoping to hear two people had gone, rather than being concerned about the way forward??

I am not sure why people are totally fed up with this?? People wanted a club for next season?? We have one. People hoped it might be in the Conference?? We are. People hoped the side would be competitive?? By staying full time and keeping a number of players, we should be. People hoped there was no announcement of huge debts or financial commitments?? There wasn't.

So all that, yet people are not happy, and it is clear that is because people don't like Thommo and/or DtP. Not liking them is one thing, and I can see why some people don't, but to make out the situation after last night is a disaster compared to what we have expected over the last few months is a bit short sighted in my view.

There is a club, it is in the Conference, it is without large debt and it has the basis of a decent squad. Surely surely surely, now is the time to get behind the players and one another and try to look forward.

Thommo, if you do read this (and lots of people suspect you do), if you haven't already, then lift the ban on Steveoooo and chums and lets stop the talk of flags, emails and what have you and look forward to August.
Chigwellian

The 12% shares 'gifted' to DtP and Thommo by Hopkin...... Is this legal?
ayrisdagger

So what players have remained and departed, if announced last night?
Alan

Chigwellian wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:37 am The 12% shares 'gifted' to DtP and Thommo by Hopkin...... Is this legal?
Of course it is. You can dispose of your shares however you see fit unless there is some contractual agreement or the constitution of the company specifies a procedure for disposal. It might, for example, be that Hopkin has stipulated that they can have them but any profit or loss on their subsequent disposal has to be accounted to him.
Mike the Dagger

Alan wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:47 am
Chigwellian wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:37 am The 12% shares 'gifted' to DtP and Thommo by Hopkin...... Is this legal?
Of course it is. You can dispose of your shares however you see fit unless there is some contractual agreement or the constitution of the company specifies a procedure for disposal. It might, for example, be that Hopkin has stipulated that they can have them but any profit or loss on their subsequent disposal has to be accounted to him.
Which is exactly what happened, and D4E knows that.

But hey, lets slag them off some more.