Billericay Circus

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chalky69

I had the misfortune to be invited to watch Billericay play their last game of the season against Folkestone Invite, who had a lot to play for. I only went because the son of a mate of mine was one of the linesmen. As a matter of interest the referee was lady who did a brilliant job of keeping two teams of 6ft plus men in order. The pitch was like a beach but the game was spoilt by the constant flow of kids and adults passing by either carrying pints of beer or cartons of chips or burgers. This was made worse by one of the substituted home players deciding to sign autographs on the touch line for dozens of kids whilst the match was in progress. The match seemed to be of secondary importance. The match in a 2-2 draw Jamie O'Hara equalising for Billericay in the 94th minutes. Off to the bar to be met by Mr Tamplins dolly birds in Billericay shirts and hot pants. The presentations were then going on.Most beers had run out and we had to make do with Guiness. The bar then closed and we were then thrown out of the club house and had to finish our drink in the car park where we were treated to a viewing of Mr Tamplins 30yd x 5yd mural. He of course was the largest figure on it and it contained cartoons of all the team and a load of other club hype.
I left feeling the Daggers had had a lucky escape and wondered how long the Billericay Circus would continue. He's obviously ploughed loads of money into the club but at the end of the day the football team seem of secondary importance. COYD!
Attendance: 2200