Club Next Season?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

After today's game and completion of season will club let us know anymore what is happening. There must also be a date you have to confirm to league you can full fill fixtures.
RayleighDagger1986

I believe we have to give a guarantee or something that we will fullfill next seasons fixtures.
I understand though, we have missed the deadline for application to Essex Senior League.
One thing thats been puzzling me these last couple of weeks is this £200k liability on wages for May n June.
Lets say hypothetically we dont pay the players n staff. What can they do? Walk away! Most I understand are out of contract come July. So they'll probably walk away then.
But if the club has no money, doesnt pay wages, players n staff walk, surely we'll just recruit cheaper options (part-time) and start next season on a shoestring budget.
The club can encourage season ticket purchases, scrap the early bird and go with the £199 terrace before 31 July. Most will renewel, I'm sure of that. Also junior membership. £10 fee, submit photo and evidence of age, each junior member given a members card (with photo) and pay £1 on gate each game. No adults to accompany. Alternative. Season ticket for kids straight £25 with same membership card. No adult to accompany. Thus will encourage alot more youngsters whose parents may not be interested in coming along!! Im trying to encourage the next generation of supporters
Adrian

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:47 pm I believe we have to give a guarantee or something that we will fullfill next seasons fixtures.
I understand though, we have missed the deadline for application to Essex Senior League.
One thing thats been puzzling me these last couple of weeks is this £200k liability on wages for May n June.
Lets say hypothetically we dont pay the players n staff. What can they do? Walk away! Most I understand are out of contract come July. So they'll probably walk away then.
But if the club has no money, doesnt pay wages, players n staff walk, surely we'll just recruit cheaper options (part-time) and start next season on a shoestring budget.
The club can encourage season ticket purchases, scrap the early bird and go with the £199 terrace before 31 July. Most will renewel, I'm sure of that. Also junior membership. £10 fee, submit photo and evidence of age, each junior member given a members card (with photo) and pay £1 on gate each game. No adults to accompany. Alternative. Season ticket for kids straight £25 with same membership card. No adult to accompany. Thus will encourage alot more youngsters whose parents may not be interested in coming along!! Im trying to encourage the next generation of supporters
If we don't pay the players they can put the club into administration to try to claim what they're owed. As the club has no real liquid assets, administration would pretty much end the club.
RayleighDagger1986

Why would any player attempt to claim when theres no money or assets. Seems pointless!
Adrian

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:20 pm Why would any player attempt to claim when theres no money or assets. Seems pointless!
Because if they don't claim, they'll definitely get nothing. If they do claim, they might get some of what they're owed.

Why would any new player then sign a contract with us knowing we've just shafted a load of players?
RayleighDagger1986

With whats been going on anyway, would any player sign for us if we do/dont pay the wages. Whats to say the same doesnt happen again!. I mean whats to say we run out of cash next March/April.
Adrian

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:19 pm With whats been going on anyway, would any player sign for us if we do/dont pay the wages. Whats to say the same doesnt happen again!. I mean whats to say we run out of cash next March/April.
There's a big difference between some short term cash flow issues and not paying players knowing they can't really do anything about it other than walking away.
RayleighDagger1986

No difference Adrian
Short term cash problem = cant pay wages. Full stop.
Adrian

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:39 pm No difference Adrian
Short term cash problem = cant pay wages. Full stop.
There is a very big difference. You're just not understanding it.
Voice of reason

Businesses don't go bust because they are loss-making
They go kaput when they run out of money
Daggers actually have a likely source of a quite significant sum of money from sell on clauses from at least two players but this won't materialise until the start of next season at the earliest
A professionally managed business in this situation should be able to access funds to get through the close season
Whether Daggers have such management in the business will become apparent in the next few weeks and months