Season Tickets 2014/2015

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:The main point, as Sussex has said, is about money upfront (Cashflow). This is the killer for a lot of businesses, especially during tough times, and especially for businesses with a seasonal turnover, which can be effected by things like the weather, ie a football Club.

I will have been to 16 home games by the end of the season (no commitment I know) which is £272 (although one was in sponsors box so £255 over the gate). So yes, the Club will "lose" money on me when I get a reduced ST this Year. But, we are in April, and the Club has not had all of my £255 for this Year yet. Now, I may not go Monday (after last week's shanbles) so that figure may go down further, and in another season, there may be something that happens which would mean I would go less anyway as season goes on. By doing this the Club has all the cash upfront (or a lot more of it).

As someone else has said, people will also more likely spend money on other things. I rarely buy a progamme these days (mainly due to cost) when I used to buy one all the time. Now if I don't have to pay me £17 on the day of a game, I will probably have the money to buy one most weeks, and probably use the £2 change to buy a golden goals or 50/50. Meanwhile the Club already has a large sum of money from me.

I think it is great idea as I said earlier in thread, I really do. I will 100% be getting one and will be trying to ensure as many of our "group" who go to games together get one to.

Just hope this has been communicated to the players and coaching staff, so we can avoid four more performances the same as the last two, which will kill the enthusiasm that this is generating.
This is spot on, I'm the same!