Season Tickets 2014/2015

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

Despite me constantly criticising the club and saying how it's badly run and they have no intention of improving our lack of attendance situation, this is a great move. They have done well here and they have finally listened. Just hope now we can constantly get over 2000 every week, I would be happy with that
Chigwellian

OBD wrote:
leewilson wrote: I'm going to be advertising this heavily on social media over the next few weeks. I'd urge everyone to do the same.
I will start advertising it for them when they have the decency to respond to fans and provide an explanation as to why this only benefits one group of fans. If they don't want to engage with fans then they can clearly get by without our backing.
Contact the new chairman...... Steve Thompson is like the old furniture.... It's time for replacement
Phippo

Chigwellian wrote:Well done to the club......

New chairman.... New initiatives!

I bet we won't be seeing all our best players going for a song anymore!!!

Think you might be a tad optimistic there! :D
Phippo

matt_drfc wrote:Daggers No 2 you seem like you have the hump 24/7
What ..................................... have you only just reached that conclusion! :D :mrgreen:
matt_drfc

Phippo wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:Daggers No 2 you seem like you have the hump 24/7
What ..................................... have you only just reached that conclusion! :D :mrgreen:
No haha
dagger4eva

I get the comments regarding no decrease on seated season tickets but the club are already taking a big enough risk by slashing Terrace ST by such an extent.

As a club, at least since our conference days, we have pretty much had round a bout the same number of core fans attending home games. The trouble is, whilst the club HAS attracted new fans, during the same period it has lost many of its longer standing ones. Fingers crossed this latest offer can entice some of the lost / floating fans back and the crowds can finally start to rise back up again. And if results can continue to improve further still on those achieved this season, then who knows what is possible!
ARNU

Maybe seated season ticket holders have already exhibited the fact they can afford it and the terrace numbers are the ones that have dwindled and therefore that's where the efforts have needed to be focused.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Phippo

ARNU wrote:Maybe seated season ticket holders have already exhibited the fact they can afford it and the terrace numbers are the ones that have dwindled and therefore that's where the efforts have needed to be focused.
Sorry Arnu, cannot agree! There is likely to be many reasons people prefer seating. I have a seat mainly so that whatever match I attend I know exactly where I will be. I can also arrive at the ground minutes before the game with same knowledge. "Big draw" games (wherever have they gone!?) could mean fans not getting there favourite "spots" unless they turn up very early. As already pointed out earlier by someone some fans have difficuly in standing thus have to take a seating option. Cost does not get factored in by these people. We have many fans who hate being seated and even stand ( when allowed) at away matches when seating is the only option afforded. I actually stand at many away games when I have the choice. Season ticket holders in the Carling stand already get little or nothing out of the "offers/ incentives" that crop up during the season. Maybe some of the large discount on offer to the standing fans could/should have been allocated to the other season ticket holders?
matt_drfc

At the end of the day, no one will be really happy
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote:Maybe seated season ticket holders have already exhibited the fact they can afford it and the terrace numbers are the ones that have dwindled and therefore that's where the efforts have needed to be focused.

I have a seat because I am not physically able to stand up for 90 minutes, I know others that sit near me have the same issue.
ARNU

Im not saying I agree,just offering a possible excuse.

Although I'm not sure you can plead poverty if you sit in the best and most expensive seats in the house surely ?

I prefer sitting to be honest,if you look at all my early pics you'll see that they are all taken from the carling Stand.My son loves to stand, as I did at his age.Whenever he dosent attend with me(preferring to go with his mates on occasion),you'll find me upgrading into the carling.I pay that bit extra to upgrade,it aint much(about £4) last time I did it and I would happily buy an ST in there next season if it wasn't for the fact that I think anyway, fathers,where possible,should probably be with their sons at football matches.He does occasionally join me in the carling.Anyway,I digress.I commiserate with you Merge about having to sit in there if theres no other feasible alternative but for most others in there,its a luxury and luxury always costs more.Just like everyone else,You don't have to go do ya ? If you were pissed about the price you wouldn't be there now either,like so many others who now don't attend.

The extra standing season ticket purchases next season probably outweigh the loss of any carling ST's due to this supposed unfairness,so I think that's how they'd see it.Just saying.
Dagdale

Has the Carling S/T's gone up at all from this present season? Cant quite remember their prices last time round, but I worked out for 14/15 season it'll be £14.56 per game, which for a side line seat and not high rise thus pretty good viewing don't seem bad to me. Also wonder if its any extra cash going more to centre circle, although looking over there often from the sieve it always seems pretty congested. Really hope one day we do get a roof on that Bury Road end which would bring even a better atmosphere. If we cant regularly hit minimum 2.000 next season on this offer it'll knock me for six why?
Daggers No 2 Fan

It could be a space thing with the Carling Stand.
If the prices were halved then there could be a lot of people that would normally use the terrace switching over and there ends up being no extra space avaialable in the stand.
But, it's unlikely that the terrace will get sold out through this offer.
USADAGGER nick

It's probably a test run. If they get the desired uptick in attendance through this offer, maybe the ticket prices for the other stands will be halved as well
ARNU

Normally there are a few spaces in the carling at most matches but it does seem to be at least 3 quarters full most of the time.However there is always loads of room in the sieve isn't there.If you said there were say an average 150 empty seats in the carling most of the time you'd make up that money by selling 280 standing extra ST's.

Carling works out £14.56 a game @ early bird price of £335.00
Standing " " £7.78 " " " " £179.00

So using my highly scientific calculations if we can sell 300 more standing ST's and the carling stays the same the clubs up on the deal.

I wonder how many more will be sold ? Would be great if they could increase by 500 wouldn't it ?