Season Tickets 2014/2015

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

I really hope this 'low price scheme' for next season really takes off, I know things like what happened yesterday don't warrant more feet being put over a threshold but give the board due here they recognise there needs to be some financial clout here to lift our stadium's capacity and it can only be a good thing on a long term basis to the team to perform better. I was scouring the net after yesterday's dismal performance the whereabouts of Bradley Goldberg (Please come back ASAP! certainly seems banging them in) and noticed even Ryman League side Bromley charge £12, albeit might be on the day but how many levels are we up from there and with E/B less than £8 a game. Think its going to be an interesting few months, and really hope its successful.
matt_drfc

I got one of the season ticket forms on Friday and was gonna fill it out and get one in a few weeks. But at 5:15 yesterday I was debating ripping it up!

On reflection though I've enjoyed this season and I'm looking forward to next, the club have been bold and the price is brilliant, so I think I will be getting one. Think I'm gonna have to miss Cheltenham to pay for it though lol
SUSSEX DAGGER

After the way I was treated yesterday I am having doubts as after the loyalty that I and a lot of People have shown appears to account for nothing., Those who the Club pay as Stewards should learn a bit of common sense even if Customer care is beyond them.
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:After the way I was treated yesterday I am having doubts as after the loyalty that I and a lot of People have shown appears to account for nothing., Those who the Club pay as Stewards should learn a bit of common sense even if Customer care is beyond them.
What happened?
SUSSEX DAGGER

During the first half yesterday I was not feeling at all well. During half time I wanted to go back to my car to get some medication.

The Steward on the gate said he could not let me back in and was supported by a Colleague of his.

Told him and produced my season ticket but he said "could not care less"

Ok I understand he has a job to do but a bit of latitude to what I think has been a loyal Customer would not have been beyond either of them.

As a result my two hour drive home turned into nearly 4 as I had to get my son to drive us home on his provisional licence once off the motorway.

The whole thing has left a rather biiter taste in my mouth and after over 200 consecutive games I am thinking of giving the rest of the season a miss.
Safetyman

Sussex, sorry to read something happened that gave you concerns about yesterday's stewarding operation. If you'd like to email me I'd be eager to hear about your experiences so I can address things if they were wrong, or explain if there was a reason.
Tony Payne, Safety Officer. Tony@daggerssafety.info
I've just seen we were typing at the same time.
I have read your post. I understand why you were told at you could not re-enter the ground, but could have made an exception in view of the circumstances. Obviously I wasn't there to hear what was said or how, but I can appologise if the way you we spoken to caused offence. You will know that our stewards have a good reputation within the League. We were fully stretched yesterday, but I am anxious to see that a poor experience doesn't put you off returning. My offer to discuss by email remains.
Tony
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:During the first half yesterday I was not feeling at all well. During half time I wanted to go back to my car to get some medication.

The Steward on the gate said he could not let me back in and was supported by a Colleague of his.

Told him and produced my season ticket but he said "could not care less"

Ok I understand he has a job to do but a bit of latitude to what I think has been a loyal Customer would not have been beyond either of them.

As a result my two hour drive home turned into nearly 4 as I had to get my son to drive us home on his provisional licence once off the motorway.

The whole thing has left a rather biiter taste in my mouth and after over 200 consecutive games I am thinking of giving the rest of the season a miss.

Wouldn't blame you to be honest, we all know how loyal you are, just do what you feels best. Stewards definitely should have been more understanding and even if one of them went to the car with you, you'd think that'd be ok. Some are jobsworths, others are ok, but that's like everything I guess. All I say is don't let one bad experience ruin everything.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Perhaps this is not the place to have this conversation Matt. The Safety Manager has kindly given me the opportunity and I will use that avenue.

As he has kindly given me the good grace and common curtsey to contact me/him I consider this matter closed .
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Perhaps this is not the place to have this conversation Matt. The Safety Manager has kindly given me the opportunity and I will use that avenue.

As he has kindly given me the good grace and common curtsey to contact me/him I consider this matter closed .
Ok mate, nice one :)
ARNU

I understand you consider the matter closed Sussex but I do have an opinion on it.

Id like to hear what the all important rule is that you were clearly going to breach,what danger you were posing and how brain dead you need to be to not have the common sense to be able to see that there really was never going to be a problem with you collecting some medication from your car(Im sure you are a recognised and familiar member of the die hard brigade who even when John Still told you all to not bother at that away match last year was it?,still attends).Maybe they thought you were going to come back with a samurai sword or something,or maybe you looked like you might take a photo with your phone or,heaven forbid,you were going to stand up to scratch your backside whilst in a seating area.It seems the team playing like a bunch of w$%£k£$s was clearly not going to be enough to put you off so the wannabe bouncers thought they'd try piss you off in their own way.

Fair play to you Mr Payne for clearly seeing the idiocy that has taken place here but this don't look good.Also,it seems you "Understand" why he could not re-enter the ground.Whys that then ? Just in case I ever need to leave and come back cos I parked in the wrong place or something.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

It's football rules not our rules, once you have left a ground no re-entry is allowed.

Two seasons back I left my phone in my car around the back which I noticed as I soon walked in about 5 minutes before kick off. Ask two stewards if I could run back and get and got the same response. One word with the chief steward and I was walking back to my car. Common sense.
Phippo

ARNU wrote:Normally there are a few spaces in the carling at most matches but it does seem to be at least 3 quarters full most of the time.However there is always loads of room in the sieve isn't there.If you said there were say an average 150 empty seats in the carling most of the time you'd make up that money by selling 280 standing extra ST's.

Carling works out £14.56 a game @ early bird price of £335.00
Standing " " £7.78 " " " " £179.00

So using my highly scientific calculations if we can sell 300 more standing ST's and the carling stays the same the clubs up on the deal.

I wonder how many more will be sold ? Would be great if they could increase by 500 wouldn't it ?
Will the club be up on the deal overall though? I strongly suspect that any increase in terrace season ticket sales will be by fans that attend most home games anyway. If that is the case then over the season the revenue will surely be way down? Realistically how many supporters who don't attend on a regular basis are suddenly going to dash off for a season ticket?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Phippo wrote:
ARNU wrote:Normally there are a few spaces in the carling at most matches but it does seem to be at least 3 quarters full most of the time.However there is always loads of room in the sieve isn't there.If you said there were say an average 150 empty seats in the carling most of the time you'd make up that money by selling 280 standing extra ST's.

Carling works out £14.56 a game @ early bird price of £335.00
Standing " " £7.78 " " " " £179.00

So using my highly scientific calculations if we can sell 300 more standing ST's and the carling stays the same the clubs up on the deal.

I wonder how many more will be sold ? Would be great if they could increase by 500 wouldn't it ?
Will the club be up on the deal overall though? I strongly suspect that any increase in terrace season ticket sales will be by fans that attend most home games anyway. If that is the case then over the season the revenue will surely be way down? Realistically how many supporters who don't attend on a regular basis are suddenly going to dash off for a season ticket?

On the other hand you have money in the bank. An aggressive marketing campaign would see the shortfall in gate receipts recuperated in other areas. Ask any Business the hardest part is getting People through the door. One would hope that the Club have put into their aggressive pricing policy the extra revenue this will create.

The Catering franchise will be costed accordingly
Extra programme sales.
Increased bar takings
Sales in the Club shop.

If only 500 of the target 1000 spend the money saved and a bit more back into the Club then everybody becomes a winner.

A day at the Daggers is something my Sons enjoy . Ok the middle one is now older and last year I had to pay more for his season ticket but all three of us enjoyed 23 days out for just over £26 a go. There is not many things I can do with my kids at these prices.
If I turned up without a season ticket then money I spend in the Club shop and on other things would drastically reduce.

With the right focus this may turn out to be a very good policy
USADAGGER nick

Excellent point Sussex. Once they're in the ground, they will probably spend the money they saved. And even through the first 3 pages of this thread, I counted 6-8 people that would get season tickets that (I believe) stopped coming all together. So with those 6-8, it's a win for the club
DI Mike Dashwood

The main point, as Sussex has said, is about money upfront (Cashflow). This is the killer for a lot of businesses, especially during tough times, and especially for businesses with a seasonal turnover, which can be effected by things like the weather, ie a football Club.

I will have been to 16 home games by the end of the season (no commitment I know) which is £272 (although one was in sponsors box so £255 over the gate). So yes, the Club will "lose" money on me when I get a reduced ST this Year. But, we are in April, and the Club has not had all of my £255 for this Year yet. Now, I may not go Monday (after last week's shanbles) so that figure may go down further, and in another season, there may be something that happens which would mean I would go less anyway as season goes on. By doing this the Club has all the cash upfront (or a lot more of it).

As someone else has said, people will also more likely spend money on other things. I rarely buy a progamme these days (mainly due to cost) when I used to buy one all the time. Now if I don't have to pay me £17 on the day of a game, I will probably have the money to buy one most weeks, and probably use the £2 change to buy a golden goals or 50/50. Meanwhile the Club already has a large sum of money from me.

I think it is great idea as I said earlier in thread, I really do. I will 100% be getting one and will be trying to ensure as many of our "group" who go to games together get one to.

Just hope this has been communicated to the players and coaching staff, so we can avoid four more performances the same as the last two, which will kill the enthusiasm that this is generating.