John Still`s health

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Heard last night ( at Guiseley ) John could have deep vein thrombosis and needs to rest and have some tests done,so all the best John for a speedy recovery.
Sagres

Time to step down & enjoy retirement.
Auntie Merge

Get well soon John. :rolleyes: :sub: :love:
A S dagger97

Sagres wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:32 am Time to step down & enjoy retirement.
Here here.
Time for him to get well earned rest now and like Wenger he should announce it by the end of the season and let us appreciate all he's contributed to the club and pass whatever this club becomes on to somebody else.
Get well soon John
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
HGDagger

I reckon he's gonna announce his retirement after the Maidenhead game
stanton101

I sincerely hope he gets a clean bill of health and would wish him all the best for the future if he were to retire. But if we do by some miracle manage to have a club next season, I hope he isn't in charge.
His scouting system for finding players at this level is second to none, but as an actual manager of a team I think he is a very very outdated man in his methods.
His constant favouritism with certain players before all our off the field shenanigans began has been proven, as the current crop of players have done remarkably well since all that happened. It's testament to their patience how well they've performed after being constantly overlooked by him when he had a full squad to choose from. They have performed admirably since the the whitely' ling's and ferrier's etc bailed out on us.
His inability to change tactics during a match are glaringly obvious, with constant like for like substitutes being introduced more in hope than anything else of turning things around, and still to this day we are unable to defend at set pieces.
People butchered Burnett for his managerial sense, but I think personally if John had not had a previous affinity with our club, the knives would have also been out for him a long time ago.
If we are to have a club next season, we need a complete overhaul and that means from the top down. Nothing personal JS, I wish you all the best, but I hope your somewhere else.
NBDag

I am completely confused at how we have gone from saying non-league is closer to our level and being here is a pleasure to now saying Still has been doing a bad job.
Don’t get me wrong, if we still had money then where we are finishing is a disappointment, and I would have wanted him gone in this scenario. But the fact is that this club has faced its hardest challenge in a very long time this season. To still have had something to play for up until Tuesday was well beyond anyone’s expectations when we found out that shit hit the fan. That isn’t down to anyone other than John Still. He knew who to keep and would be up to the fight. And if we’re starting a season with our backs to the wall come August, he’s the man I’d trust to have us coming out swinging.

As for outdated tactics etc., I think that’s a bit silly as Still loved a rigid 442 that just launched everything into the box. Now we’ll play an attacking 3/4 that would never have been seen at Dagenham 10 years ago. But let us remember that this is non-league football. You don’t really have many players that are capable of playing beautiful football and can switch from an attacking to defensive set up without a drop in quality of their play. If you don’t like that then you’ve chosen an unfortunate team to follow.

Forgot to say- get better John.
stanton101

NBDag wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:03 am I am completely confused at how we have gone from saying non-league is closer to our level and being here is a pleasure to now saying Still has been doing a bad job.
Don’t get me wrong, if we still had money then where we are finishing is a disappointment, and I would have wanted him gone in this scenario. But the fact is that this club has faced its hardest challenge in a very long time this season. To still have had something to play for up until Tuesday was well beyond anyone’s expectations when we found out that shit hit the fan. That isn’t down to anyone other than John Still. He knew who to keep and would be up to the fight. And if we’re starting a season with our backs to the wall come August, he’s the man I’d trust to have us coming out swinging.

As for outdated tactics etc., I think that’s a bit silly as Still loved a rigid 442 that just launched everything into the box. Now we’ll play an attacking 3/4 that would never have been seen at Dagenham 10 years ago. But let us remember that this is non-league football. You don’t really have many players that are capable of playing beautiful football and can switch from an attacking to defensive set up without a drop in quality of their play. If you don’t like that then you’ve chosen an unfortunate team to follow.

Forgot to say- get better John.
It's all about opinions at the end of the day mate. But to suggest that he knew who to keep is a tad silly, when surely the biggest wage earners would have been the first to leave anyway, he didn't have a choice.
Anyway, unlike a lot of people at our club, we'll agree to disagree. Let's enjoy the day, whatever the outcome.
bloke down the pub

Looked tied today. Take it easy John. Hope to see you next season
The Romford Dagger

I echo the sentiments of the thread.

Get well soon John.
Luton Fan

Heard over the weekend that JS hadn't been well lately.

Just wanted to post a message to say get well soon John, we are forever grateful for what you did for us at LTFC, you were exactly what we needed to get us through some difficult times.

Good luck D&R, in what looks like a tough time for yourselves.