Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Live in Dagenham?

Lives in Dagenham
22%
Doesn't live in Dagenham
78%

Total votes: 50
ayrisdagger

How many of us Daggers actually live in Dagenham (Barking and Redbridge DO NOT count)
BB-Dagger

I’ve not lived in Dagenham for over 35 years but still local in Hornchurch
RayleighDagger1986

Never lived in Dagenham
Auntie Merge

Never lived in Dagenham.
BarkingRambo

Never for me either. Barking born. Now living on Redbridge side of Chadwell Heath, I’ve got dagenham in my address if that counts
Dagger83

Haven't lived in Dagenham for about 12 years. Couldn't move out quick enough.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Daggerfan

I’ve Lived in Dagenham since 1964 apart from 3 years (1989-1992) when I lived in Collier Row moved back to Dagenham after that. I will probably stay here now for the rest of my days.
redboy

So are you asking to establish whether we are the Manure Utd of the non league world, where none of our fans live anywhere near the ground?

On a more serious note and trying to be PC here, it worries me where our next generation of fans are coming from when the majority of new people to the borough do not seem interested in the club.
DI Mike Dashwood

Is an interesting point redboy and one that effects many clubs at different levels in different ways.

If you take all the London Clubs in the top two divisions for instance. How many of them have the majority of their traditional core support living near the Club itself?? If you take West Ham as an example, there would be a far higher % of their live away from Stratford and Upton Park. You would probably find as many people from RM postcodes alone, or from Basildon addresses, now go to West Ham games than people from E13 and E14 postcodes?? Same for Tottenham if you did that for Enfield and Harlow. I would say only Millwall and maybe Palace have their core support living in the area of the club.

I think at our level it becomes more of an issue though. People supporting West Ham will still travel up to the games for that experience (bad example maybe for them at moment) where as if you want the local/non league experience and have now moved away from Dagenham you may well find that in the area you now live in, and are therefore less likely to travel up to our games??
Diggerthedog

Major problem we have is the club has been on the slide since our promotion to league one, apart from last season all we have done in 6 years consistently is lose. Our home form under Burnett was dreadful we barely won a game in three years and any semi regulars turned their back on the club and simply have not returned.

Our crowds will only improve if we start winning and the entry price on they day is cheaper, season tickets are a good price at present. You also have to look at the facilities on offer, unless your 6 foot most of the view from the sieve is crap and will not be enticing families so we stick them in the family stand where poles restrict your view. Like it or not the away end is a facility to attract new comers, I say make it a cheap stand and stick away fans in the 200 seater when away crowds dictate.
Blackie645

Lived in Dagenham for 55 years born in Dagenham, first Dagenham Fc game 1967 Athenian league against Tooting and Mitchum live 10 walk from the ground. Up the daggers
daggersjeff

Lived in Dagenham for 30 years...moved to Gidea Park 5 years ago
jag

lived in Dagenham all my childhood and youth moved to Hainault and then Woodford Green before settling in Uckfield East Sussex, always try to make our home games where possible and visiting my dear old mum in her nursing home in Barking on Saturdays or even evening games mid week, just love the Daggers.
ARNU

Parents from Dagenham ,I was born Barking and I had my 1st flat in Becontree ave, lived there for 5 years when I left home at 19. Not lived there for 28 years. Great days and memories but the area was a Shit hole !! Car got nicked twice, bloke got murdered upstairs to us, saw a police incident at least once a week oh and the taxi firm got firebombed a few doors up and firemen rescued my neighbour in his pants from the fire 3 floors up.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
triplescarf

Born and lived in Hornchurch until I was 20, then moved away to various parts of the country. 21 years later I'm now in Ware, East Hertfordshire.