Moved again!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RM1Dagger

I see in the advice of Safety Officer etc A13 stand ST holders being moved again for the next two games. I was in the Family last season but I'm sure these games against Woking and Maidstone weren't moved then so I don't see why they're being moved now (moreover,given our dwindling support) and it's getting on my nerves frankly; to the point that if this is the way forward then it won't be worth paying the extra for a ST there.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Agree with this, both teams brought around 400 last season, don't see them bringing much more probably less as its not a new ground for many. Also both clubs are in very poor form and not to forget the shocking price of entry.
IanC

This is getting a feckin joke now,Maidstone won’t have many and Woking only had that many last season cos sir Garry was pissing off and they needed a result.
It has been far too many games chucked out of their now,look at tranny 350 odd its pathetic.
Let us in there but just don’t give us access to bar,I would be happy with that.
Pondfield Dagger

Quick question about the bar in the a13 stand, which set of supporters are allowed in it, home or away, or both?

Been in the seive for ever myself, just wondered how the bar worked for those who sit in the a13 stand.
Diggerthedog

Both teams use it.
RayleighDagger1986

From where i stood on Saturday, it looked alot less than normal in the a13 stand (Daggers fans)
Alan

The terms and conditions of an A13 ticket do state you can be moved if the away support is more than 600 or if safety officer considers segregation required and that you are then allocated the best available seat in the Carling Stand. Don’t see the issue myself.
IanC

You've answered your own post Alan,the issue is we are being slung out for support below 600!
dagger4eva

The crowd of 600+ is not the issue, to play devil's advocate here, you could say you were being slung out on basis of the other reason;

"if safety officer considers segregation required"

whether Mr Payne is right in this respect is probably up for debate...
ARNU

Alan is right though. It clearly states the club can sling you out of there at their discretion. You don't have to like it but moaning about it when you've signed up to it is a bit pointless.

For what it's worth I can't really see the danger here.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

I think the reasoning behind this is that there has been a bit of aggro at their grounds but there has never been any aggro between our clubs as far as I know, maybe Tony Payne can give the reason on here.
bloke down the pub

Away supporters in the away stand! whatever next.
RM1Dagger

Well if it's an 'away stand' then maybe the club should make it a proper away stand and not let us in at all then! But they won't do that because you can't have 25 Gateshead fans using up a 900 seat stand on their own. We all know 'away stand' doesn't mean away fans don't have exclusivity. If we'd have been promoted to L2 last season then the club stated then for 10 games you'd be moved. That's fair enough because I can make an informed decision about whether it's worth buying a ticket there. But these moves seem artibutary and inconsistent with last season. Moan over.
Now the SE27 Dagger
RayleighDagger1986

I dont see what the problem is here.
If the club makes a decision that the A13 stand is purely for away fans and that home supporters will be allocated a seat in the carling then it must be respected.
This decision could only be down to the advice from the health & safety Officer. You knew the risks when agreeing to purchase the ticket last summer so I dont see what the issue is.
Alan

IanC wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:12 pm You've answered your own post Alan,the issue is we are being slung out for support below 600!
No, I haven’t. Re-read the terms and conditions it’s if there are more than 600 OR if safety officer thinks needs to be segregated.

So if, for example, the safety officer has some intel about some away fans being dicks and there being a potential for trouble, regardless of number or previous trouble between club, he has to make a decision. If he moves people to the Carling, some people will moan, if there’s trouble and people learn he had information suggesting there might be, some people would moan - but some people might also get injured. So I guess you take the second option.