DAGGERS CROWDFUNDING PAGE

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:43 pm Are the supporters club running a end of season presentation? Could do that with all ticket sales to the fund?
Digger there is no end of season presentation this year due to lack of response to last year`s end of season`s presentation.
Dagger83

dagger4eva wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:41 pm Send us a PM with it all and I'll update the page.

BTW - we're up to £400 and it's been live for just under a week.

In addition to general donations, it would be good if at least 1 event can be hosted with the proceeds going to the fund.

Any suggestions for original ideas / events that can be held would all be appreciated.

I'd originally looked into the idea of a Legends/Current Squad match but it really doesn't look like it's a goer, unfortunately.
One thing I would try to do would be to speak to some local companies to see if they'd donate items to be put in to a raffle. Try to get a local paper involved too, get volunteers to harass the bejesus out of hotels, restaurants, shops etc to see what they'll donate and sell tickets for a fiver. We Did something at work for a Christmas raffle and I was amazed at what was donated. An iPad, a hotel for the night in central London, a dining voucher for £50 etc. All decent prizes and stuff that people would be happy to win. It won't solve all the issues but with the right buy in, could raise a couple of grand.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Dagger83

triplescarf wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:43 am I think there are a couple of problems with this approach. Let me preface this by saying I'm NOT suggesting this is a bad idea, or that it doesn't have legs, I applaud those individuals who have gone to the effort of setting it up, I'm just playing devil's advocate for a moment and offering some advice.

I think firstly, there's a general fatigue element with crowdfunding at the moment. More directly related to 'product' backing, but definitely a malaise that could affect the ability to raise money this way.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, for many outside of the core fan-base to back this, there probably needs to be some sense that the club is involved with it. It lends credence to what appears to be a campaign run by anonymous individuals. The club may not want to be involved; it's been intimated elsewhere that Steve Thompson didn't want to endorse fans raising money for the club in case it went under - that shouldn't be underestimated either as I'd imagine once it's handed over to them it would get swallowed up in allocations to creditors. I appreciate that the Supporters' Club are endorsing it, but again, from the outside, who are they, and how can they be contacted - is there one individual handling enquiries specifically related to the crowdfunding, for example?

Thirdly, where is the money going? What's the plan for delivering it to the club? How will it get used? And other questions. People want to know what exactly will happen to their hard-earned, and I know this sounds glib (intentionally) but some would want to know, for example, that it will be spent on saving the club and not renewing the Sky Sports license in the bar. Obviously no guarantees can be made, but it's a salient point for some.

I think more could be made of the banner image (I'm happy to help with that if someone wants to PM me) but similarly, there probably needs to be care taken with using the club crest - any attempt to make this appear official when it isn't could be equally troublesome as not having them involved at all.

So, please don't take this as being overly critical - I want to help, and these were just my thoughts.
Great post by the way. The more professional and official this looks, the better.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
dagger4eva

Dagger83 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:03 pm
dagger4eva wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:41 pm Send us a PM with it all and I'll update the page.

BTW - we're up to £400 and it's been live for just under a week.

In addition to general donations, it would be good if at least 1 event can be hosted with the proceeds going to the fund.

Any suggestions for original ideas / events that can be held would all be appreciated.

I'd originally looked into the idea of a Legends/Current Squad match but it really doesn't look like it's a goer, unfortunately.
One thing I would try to do would be to speak to some local companies to see if they'd donate items to be put in to a raffle. Try to get a local paper involved too, get volunteers to harass the bejesus out of hotels, restaurants, shops etc to see what they'll donate and sell tickets for a fiver. We Did something at work for a Christmas raffle and I was amazed at what was donated. An iPad, a hotel for the night in central London, a dining voucher for £50 etc. All decent prizes and stuff that people would be happy to win. It won't solve all the issues but with the right buy in, could raise a couple of grand.
This is a great idea the only thing is, you would either need

A) some sort of a function in the club (end of season do wouldve been perfect tbh)

B) for a small team of people work on it to get as many prizes as possible (along the lines suggested)
Sell a tonne of tickets and do a grand draw during HT of the final home game. Could be worth a try...
You'd probably get lots of family / friends of suporters more open to buying these too if they were for meal vouchers etc. for local establishments or any of the other things you mention
BigboyT

I am new to all this so you will have to excuse me if I muck things up, but the one thing I have never understood is the fact that there is no signs at the end of the road showing when we are at home, who against and the kick off time. In my opinion that would be a boost to our gates, as the floating supporters on that day would know we are at home. I honestly think if the council were asked about it they would offer some kind of support, as the club brings extra revenue, on matchdays, to the surrounding shops. But that is just my opinion. And I'm nothing more than a forklift driver.
NBDag

Dagger83 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:03 pm One thing I would try to do would be to speak to some local companies to see if they'd donate items to be put in to a raffle. Try to get a local paper involved too, get volunteers to harass the bejesus out of hotels, restaurants, shops etc to see what they'll donate and sell tickets for a fiver. We Did something at work for a Christmas raffle and I was amazed at what was donated. An iPad, a hotel for the night in central London, a dining voucher for £50 etc. All decent prizes and stuff that people would be happy to win. It won't solve all the issues but with the right buy in, could raise a couple of grand.
A very good and plausible idea here. Can say for a fact that most retailers will send you a gift card for their stores, if you write to their head office saying that you’re looking for a raffle prize for a “good cause”. Would imagine that other businesses have a similar standard donation for these things. Only problem I can foresee is that we aren’t actually a charity, so they may not be willing to donate to us.
rebeldagger

BigboyT wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:05 pm I am new to all this so you will have to excuse me if I muck things up, but the one thing I have never understood is the fact that there is no signs at the end of the road showing when we are at home, who against and the kick off time. In my opinion that would be a boost to our gates, as the floating supporters on that day would know we are at home. I honestly think if the council were asked about it they would offer some kind of support, as the club brings extra revenue, on matchdays, to the surrounding shops. But that is just my opinion. And I'm nothing more than a forklift driver.
Welcome to the forum, and may I say we all agree with you, sure Ilford FC manage so why can't we?

Yet the thing is, the board don't seem to agree and to be fair (don't all attack me) yet they may be some rights reason to it??.....perhaps??
Dagger83

NBDag wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:29 pm
Dagger83 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:03 pm One thing I would try to do would be to speak to some local companies to see if they'd donate items to be put in to a raffle. Try to get a local paper involved too, get volunteers to harass the bejesus out of hotels, restaurants, shops etc to see what they'll donate and sell tickets for a fiver. We Did something at work for a Christmas raffle and I was amazed at what was donated. An iPad, a hotel for the night in central London, a dining voucher for £50 etc. All decent prizes and stuff that people would be happy to win. It won't solve all the issues but with the right buy in, could raise a couple of grand.
A very good and plausible idea here. Can say for a fact that most retailers will send you a gift card for their stores, if you write to their head office saying that you’re looking for a raffle prize for a “good cause”. Would imagine that other businesses have a similar standard donation for these things. Only problem I can foresee is that we aren’t actually a charity, so they may not be willing to donate to us.
It might need the club to get involved and try to entice some companies to donate some bigger prizes* in exchange for advertising/commercial opportunities in the future**.

*there's a big link between Dagenham and Ford for instance. It's a very long shot but a donated car would be a great top prize. I've no idea how much the club sell sponsorships for but give them a multi year deal for an up front donation.

**A hard sell, I admit given the club may not exist in 3 months time.
Dagger83

Also, speak to WHU and see if they'd donate a couple of tickets to a match of theirs. Include a stadium tour and meal, meet the players etc. Wouldn't cost them a great deal but could see some of our fans being very interested in winning it.
dagger4eva

I wouldnt usually do this but if anyone wanted to form a little team to properly get some stuff actually organised im happy to start a little whatsapp group (we all use that, right?)

PM me with your number and I can add you to the group.
daggerfirst

Daggernewbie wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:44 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:43 pm Are the supporters club running a end of season presentation? Could do that with all ticket sales to the fund?
Digger there is no end of season presentation this year due to lack of response to last year`s end of season`s presentation.
You sneeked that one in nicely. The supporters club has given up again! Wasn’t last years on a Sunday of a bank holiday weekend? How is cancelling that going to look to any one investing in the club? Why should anyone support the supporters club crowdfunding when they can’t even arrange a pissup at the football club?
rebeldagger

We perhaps should stop all this infighting, if we are to form a united front and save our club.
Diggerthedog

daggerfirst wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:43 am
Daggernewbie wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:44 pm
You sneeked that one in nicely. The supporters club has given up again! Wasn’t last years on a Sunday of a bank holiday weekend? How is cancelling that going to look to any one investing in the club? Why should anyone support the supporters club crowdfunding when they can’t even arrange a pissup at the football club?
I was one of about 30 that bothered turning up to this last year, I felt embarrassed for the players who had had a fantastic season, whats the point of doing it at a loss?
dagger4eva

One thing I would comment on, is that the players looked particularly dis-interested in being there - although it being empty, and them having a game the next day (I think) may have contributed to them all sitting together, in the corner, drinking water or coke and leaving the second the presentation had finished.

That said, if it was down to me, I'd forget a presentation night this year (do that on the pitch after Woking) and hold an end of season party / fundraiser instead. Just my opinion....
daggerfirst

dagger4eva wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:58 am One thing I would comment on, is that the players looked particularly dis-interested in being there - although it being empty, and them having a game the next day (I think) may have contributed to them all sitting together, in the corner, drinking water or coke and leaving the second the presentation had finished.

That said, if it was down to me, I'd forget a presentation night this year (do that on the pitch after Woking) and hold an end of season party / fundraiser instead. Just my opinion....
No problem with that.