FAO Admin

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwellian

Mike the Dagger wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:34 am
Auntie Merge wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:26 pm This constant interrogation of someone who is still receiving on going medical treatment for a head injury is now moving into bullying and harassment

I have given my response. I will not be answering any more posts on the subject.
So predictable.

This is killing the club.

Edited by admin. That was really not appropriate.
Mike the dagger.. I don't know what you wrote about AuntieMerge, to make the admin edit and reply that it was really not appropriate... but I really think that you need to stop posting for a while and really think about your behaviour
Mike the Dagger

What I wrote is what is up still to the best of my recollection.

I believe the edit is to add the commentary, not to change what was written.
Grimsweeper

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

why was Mike the daggers post edited by Admin?

I say hands off unless it vile abuse or libelous (even then its only a football forum FFS)
dagger4eva

Agreed +1
The Romford Dagger

Grimsweeper wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:21 pm AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

I say hands off unless it vile abuse or libelous (even then its only a football forum FFS)
Well said

I’ve not posted in a while as the admin has killed the place for me unfortunately. But I’ve still been a reader.

I won’t say anymore or I’ll be accused of bullying and harassment too. Or have the post edited in case I can ‘get the forum sued’. Lol
admin
Site Admin

It was classed as a vile response by someone not me. It was removed. The words were left.
Lcbdagger

admin wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:12 pm

It was classed as a vile response by someone not me. It was removed. The words were left.
Sigh
Mark

Does anyone really believe that finding out who faked the email will help us get investment? There's still a huge divide between certain fans and the board. I can't see it changing unless that group of fans stop attending (leaving us with even smaller gates) or Thomo leaves (which he won't because he's a shareholder, unless anyone is foolish enough to actually buy his shares for what he paid).

Maybe people will move on if this particular issue is resolved but I doubt it.

If people genuinely won't invest because of this problem between current board and fans (which sounds a lot like a smokescreen) then that won't change any time soon. If an investor is worried they'll be the next target of a handful of angry fans then I can only imagine the picture painted by those marketing the club is a bit distorted. Anyone taking over could buy Thomo out and then the current issue is dead. And any investor should realise that a) any club always has troublemakers amongst the fans and b) they may not necessarily be targeted just because a previous director may have been.

I can only imagine this email issue is being pushed so hard because the board want revenge against the perpetrator?
Mike the Dagger

What was said on Thursday was that talks with potential investors have so far stalled at the point they look in to why Glyn Hopkin pulled out. Hopkin insists that the issues with fans are what caused him to go, whether you are convinced of that or not.

Why would a new investor be treated better than Hopkin was if the people who caused him to pull out are still around?

So the club want to address that. But how can they if everyone is blaming everyone else?

As mad and rediculous as it might seem this whole flag/email thing needs to be visibly put to bed somehow, so we have a chance to move on.
Mark

But as I understand it, Hopkin wasn't treated badly really. Thomo may have been, and attempts may have been made to lean on Glyn to get Thomo out. But the fans liked Glyn and I didn't hear anything bad against him. The Soviet flag he took personally but I'm not sure it was aimed at anyone other than Thomo again.

If any investor wanted an explanation to ease their minds, I'm sure Thomo could easily come up with it or downplay the situation. I'm sure Glyn could too, as he is saying he wants out, in which case its in his interest to help offload his shareholding. So either the investors are taking their cues off this forum (plausible I guess) or the club are not painting a great picture. Or maybe investment is imminent but the board want to try one last time to 'out' the email creator by adding more pressure.

At the moment I can't help but think this is designed to put fans at odds with each other to take the heat off the board rather than to resolve the investment situation.

Whichever it is though, I think both sides have been quite petty and they really need to put the club first. I also don't quite understand the supporters club role in all this. They seemed to be mediating the flag issue at one stage but now seem to be at odds with the board over many things. And they aren't doing a very good PR job either, especially with some of the things said on here and the lack of response to DTP letter.
Mike the Dagger

The following are Glyn Hopkin's own words on this when i questioned on the reasons for him pulling out.

My reasons for leaving are now well documented. There was no other reason.

I tried for 10 months to get everyone pulling together. It just got worse. It went from one flag to four (including a racist flag and a flag aimed at me) and ended up with the Supporters Club arranging a meeting in their office to hand over a fake email to force Steve from the Club.

Brenda told me on the 26th October that there was nothing else I could do, there were too many of them and they would not stop. She also told me she had begged Russell not to get involved with the email. She also told me how sorry she felt for me and how devastated I looked when the email was handed over. The Supporters Club had the email a long time in advance of the meeting and had plenty of time to verify its authenticity.

To date neither Steve or myself have received any sort of apology, publicly or privately from Russell Elmes about the fake email. I also asked the Supporters Club for their official view about the flags. All they agreed to was to not let them on the coach (the flag owners don’t even use the coach!) A strong statement from the Supporters Club would I feel have made a difference.

Any relationship I had with the Supporters Club ended after the email proved to be fake.

I tried my best for the Club and have put a lot of time, effort and money into it. I also dealt with and paid for out of my own pocket for all the refurbishment in the Clubhouse.

Unfortunately I could not stop the campaign against Steve. I took advice from many people, showed them the photos of the flags and explained about the email. Every single person said I can’t be involved with what’s going on. I have a large business that has my name. How could I be associated in owning a Club that the Supporters insist on flying a racist flag? And who’s Supporters Club want the Managing Director and a partner of the takeover Consortium sacked.

A lot of people might not agree with my decision, but I came to a point when I just had to say enough was enough of what was going on.
Mark

I have seen that. He might think he was wronged and he probably was not given enough respect in certain quarters. But to him personally I believe he's mistaken about the Soviet flag, and that very, very few had any issue with him. Thomo is another matter. Russell has said regarding the email he didn't know what the people wanted to discuss with Glyn, he was simply a mediator. So he probably doesn't think he has anything to apologise for. Maybe both of them have the wrong end of the stick on this.

This kind of statement has made his exit harder though because it doesn't paint a good image to anyone who might want to take his shares.
Alan

But of course Tony Payne says that Auntie Merge told him that only a few weeks ago the Chairman of the supporters club had dictated her post about the disputed email. Merge says she can’t recall who dictated her post, but says it wasn’t Russell Elmes. It’s a frankly bizarre state of affairs.
Diggerthedog

Not sure why the current board can’t move on until they know who is to blame for some pointless email. Oh sorry I do know why they are deflecting blame from their failure that has got us into this mess.

Club is dying on its arse but the board are to busy leaking emails and letters to save it. Grow the ****** up.