Digger the Dog and the Programme Shop

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

Maybe, but making you look more so.

You are making assumptions (I believe) and someone is putting you right and you don’t like it. It looks to me that reading the majority of your recent posts,that you have teamed up with with Chuckle Brothers with the sole purpose of bringing down the Supporters Club. I hope your efforts bring you your Full Membership that you mentioned in one of your interviews.
I say Chuckle Brothers mainly because having had free time I went to DiggerDagger.com and read back to at least early 2016. The state the club was in and the various consortium attempts and changes of mind those two had actually did make me laugh. East’s, Tamplin and Hopkins promises and the board still carried on spending money that they had yet to receive, whilst managing to get the club deeper in the shit.
Any future investor only has to look through that lot to think WTF, and that’s before having view of previous years Income v Expenditure.
It is a farcical way to attempt to run a football club littered with comedy errors. Brian Rix and Mr Pastry would be proud. The only thing I would say Mike is that early on you did a good job of being impartial.
Not the case now.
NickMurphy

Mike the Dagger wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:05 pm
Daggernewbie wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:08 pm
Mike if you can support a person who calls someone a cancer then we have no hope of getting anywhere.
Except he didn't call Russell a cancer, he said the situation was a cancer within the club.

Can't emphasise enough what an important distinction that is. He probably shouldn't have said it either way, but there is a massive difference between calling someone a cancer and calling a situation/agenda/delete as above a cancerous situation.

Also - can someone lay out exactly what this issue is regarding Digger the Dog and the SC sponsorship? I've read the forum on and off and I was there last night and I still don't really understand it all.

Cheers.
ThatRoundThing

I wasn’t there last night so can only deduce what happened from the only email published on this thread and the responses. Perhaps you can fill in the blanks with anything you heard last night.
SC sent an email JULY 2017 to Paul Gwinn stating that they wouldn’t be sponsoring Digger the Dog, apparently the price had gone up as had player sponsorship. It is assumed that the SC income had dropped and the committee had voted not to sponsor that coming season.
No further replies or sent emails have been published on this forum to get a full picture of exactly what happened in the next 6 months+
The publisher of the email made the comment that is this the SC getting 100% behind the club, or words to that effect.
Something and nothing really.
Daggernewbie

NickMurphy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:12 pm
Daggernewbie wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:08 pm
Mike if you can support a person who calls someone a cancer then we have no hope of getting anywhere.
Except he didn't call Russell a cancer, he said the situation was a cancer within the club.

Can't emphasise enough what an important distinction that is. He probably shouldn't have said it either way, but there is a massive difference between calling someone a cancer and calling a situation/agenda/delete as above a cancerous situation.

Also - can someone lay out exactly what this issue is regarding Digger the Dog and the SC sponsorship? I've read the forum on and off and I was there last night and I still don't really understand it all.

Cheers.
NickMurphy they raised the sponsorship to £250 from £200 it was decided that a 25% increase was to much so we said we will sponsor digger at £200 like last season but they turned down the offer and just to let everyone know the SC buy the sweets that digger hands out at match days.
NickMurphy

Daggernewbie wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:59 pm

Cheers.
NickMurphy they raised the sponsorship to £250 from £200 it was decided that a 25% increase was to much so we said we will sponsor digger at £200 like last season but they turned down the offer and just to let everyone know the SC buy the sweets that digger hands out at match days.
Ok. And why is this such a big issue?

That is a genuine question - I don't understand how this is so terrible.
Daggernewbie

NickMurphy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:58 pm
Daggernewbie wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:59 pm

Cheers.

Simple NickMurphy the club have made it a big issue by giving an email to one of their puppets to be posted.
Mike the Dagger

Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:23 am

Simple NickMurphy the club have made it a big issue by giving an email to one of their puppets to be posted.
That or by refusing to answer reasonable questions about what they do and don't pay for.

One of those. Or maybe a bit of both?
Daggernewbie

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:43 am

That or by refusing to answer reasonable questions about what they do and don't pay for.

One of those. Or maybe both in equal measure?
Join the supporters club and you will find out simple as can anybody else.
Mike the Dagger

Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:48 am

Don't really like secret societies TBH.

Do you have a special handshake?
Daggernewbie

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:51 am
Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:48 am

Don't really like secret societies TBH.

Do you have a special handshake?
Can`t tell you do you puppets for the board have one ?
rebeldagger

You all realise we all support the same club here right?

We are literally on the same side, and that being Dagenham and Redbridge, the club is on it knees and we have factions of our support at each other's necks, at a time when we should be pulling together.

Take a look at Dulwich Hamlet for how a group of fans can work collectively for the benefit of a struggling club.
Mike the Dagger

rebeldagger wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:56 am You all realise we all support the same club here right?

We are literally on the same side, and that being Dagenham and Redbridge, the club is on it knees and we have factions of our support at each other's necks, at a time when we should be pulling together.

Take a look at Dulwich Hamlet for how a group of fans can work collectively for the benefit of a struggling club.
Yeah, apologies, you are correct of course. Cold Monday mornings make me grumpy!
rebeldagger

Wasn't aimed at you personally (or any one else) although you are right, Monday mornings are particularly bad and especially more so when they're as cold as this!

It's just reading this forum it's getting more and more like watching Monty Python with the People's front of Judea and Judean People's front.

I appreciate some do feel hard done by, yet the way it's going (and from the vibes I'm picking up here and what club are saying and not saying) there may not be a Dagenham and Redbridge come next season.
Mark

I really think it would go a long way to helping the issue if the supporters club were more open about what goes on. Where does their income come from, what do they spend to help the club or fans, what roles do volunteers perform and how many of them are there. These things aren't particularly sensitive.

I'm not blaming them for our problems right now but the defensive position is not helping. I don't think it was helpful at all for the board to seemingly try to discredit the SC by making it known what they are no longer doing. Openness can make it a non issue though.
rebeldagger

Mark wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:44 am I really think it would go a long way to helping the issue if the supporters club were more open about what goes on. Where does their income come from, what do they spend to help the club or fans, what roles do volunteers perform and how many of them are there. These things aren't particularly sensitive.

I'm not blaming them for our problems right now but the defensive position is not helping. I don't think it was helpful at all for the board to seemingly try to discredit the SC by making it known what they are no longer doing. Openness can make it a non issue though.
It would be beneficial, telling people exactly what where their membership fee goes towards, that way more people may be more inclined to join.