Today

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Less said about the football the better.
A lot of fight but ultimately lost to the better team.

In an interesting (for some) development - the club's revised ownership shareholdings have been included in todays programme.

Webuyanyclub.con share reduced from 57% reduced to 38%

DTP and Kim Jung shares increased to 27% and 9% respectively.

I trust monies have been paid for the increased shares to cover this seasons promised shortfall??
ARNU

Why keep taking Howell off ? Turned to shit as soon as he went off.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Plenty of effort and could have been 2 up at halftime.. Then again if it waa not for the Keeper it could have been 6 and upwards

They changed it at halftime and it worked ln two minutes , we simply had no answer.

Good team we played today. Dont shed to many tears Daggers at least we wont have to face them away in the playoffs now.

Like Arnu the substitutions are as predictable as our style, we collapsed when Luke Howel went off, he was not having the best of games but it was a whole lot better with him out there then when he went off
SUSSEX DAGGER

Plenty of effort and could have been 2 up at halftime.. Then again if it waa not for the Keeper it could have been 6 and upwards at the end.

They changed it at halftime and it worked ln two minutes , we simply had no answer.

Good team we played today. Dont shed to many tears Daggers at least we wont have to face them away in the playoffs now.

Like Arnu the substitutions are as predictable as our style, we collapsed when Luke Howel went off, he was not having the best of games but it was a whole lot better with him out there then when he went off
A S dagger97

ARNU wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:27 pm Why keep taking Howell off ? Turned to shit as soon as he went off.
And we all knew it would as soon as he was subbed. We had a decent first half, particularly at the back and when we did attack Feji found himself in good positions with the ball but must have forgotten his shooting boots today. Was Cheek even on the pitch? I don't remember him having any involvement at all. Trying not too down about it as they are obviously one of the best outfits in this division and simply did a job on us for 94 minutes non stop today.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Adrian

Howell is the one of the midfield 3 that gets forward.
If we're bringing on another forward then he's kind of the obvious choice to go off as the other two tend to be a little deeper.
I'd rather we kept him on but it isn't hard to see why he's the one that goes off.

It worked against Chester. It didn't work out today.

Thought we did mostly ok today. Not sure how Fejiri missed the header.

Stupid mistake for the first goal and then they catch us twice quickly, but they've got a lot of good players for this level and have kept most of the team that should have gone up last year.
Dagdale

That was really painful to watch second half, if we had of taken one or two good chances earlier outcome may have worked for us but since it 'come out' about our crisis, although didn't witness Dover away every game up until today we had a good fight in us but today especially later on we just buried our heads and completely lost our way, and couldn't you tell in the bar afterwards, blimey can it get any worse with ten to go?
Richie

dagger4eva wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:23 pm Less said about the football the better.

In an interesting (for some) development - the club's revised ownership shareholdings have been included in todays programme.

I trust monies have been paid for the increased shares to cover this seasons promised shortfall??
So Hopkin has 38%
Dave Bennett has 27%
Thommo has 9%
And the members hae the other 24%?
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:23 pm Less said about the football the better.

So Bennett and Thompson have taken on some shares from Hopkin.
How they choose to do that as private holders of the shares would have nothing to do with football club and certainly wouldn't help with any shortfall of cash.
NorthEssexDagger

I thought we played quite well first half and we probably should have gone 1 nil up. Tranmere were a different team in the second half and we couldn't handle them. Could have been more than 4 if it wasn't for cousins, probably motm for me. I also think cheek needs better service, I saw him make some great runs yesterday and the ball just didn't come to him. Sparkes was ok again he beat Buxton numerous times down the left side, he just needs to work on his crosses. Hopefully we can bounce back on Tuesday.
stanton101

I thought we did ok with what we have and were marginally the better side in the first half. 2nd half was really men against boys.
Still got his tactics all wrong and taking Howell off was the icing on the cake. Pennell was dreadful but he'd have to go some to beat Sparkes who offers nothing, there full back had him gift wrapped all afternoon.
Right result in the end, no complaints, roll on Tuesday.
dagger4eva

Make no mistake, the inclusion in the programme of the (revised) actual percentages were little more than 2 fingers being stuck up to everyone who's had a bad word to say against Thompson and Bennett.
Lcbdagger

Personally a big fan of Sparkes but certainly wasn't his finest game at the weekend... group behind me called him a 'poor man's Hemmings' so he's obviously well liked by all

Service to Cheek is poor and certainly doesn't play to his strengths.
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:05 pm Make no mistake, the inclusion in the programme of the (revised) actual percentages were little more than 2 fingers being stuck up to everyone who's had a bad word to say against Thompson and Bennett.
Well that was a waste of breath trying to explain what is going on then wasn't it. Sigh!
dagger4eva

Take the unlikely scenario that a new, willing investor is found.

They would presumably have to pay X amount for each of the available shares in order to assume control.

By Glyn seemingly giving away 19% of his shares to ST/DB – they would presumably then be eligible for a increased pay out from the new investor.
And if not, why not?

Also, the question is, why Glyn has chosen to give away the 19% ?

Invest a Million.
Effectively pull out in Oct/Nov.
Go ahead anyway and sign the final takeover docs in Dec.
Pull out officially just minutes later and instantly reduce your shareholding.

How does any of that make any logical, business sense?