Club auction - Be the manager against West Ham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Good idea but they have missed a big opportunity here someone pointed out to me by not holding a raffle say £25 a ticket would raise much more funds ,if they sold 600 that would raise £15,000 be interesting in seeing what the winning bid will be. https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDagger ... 26/?type=3
daggersjeff

So this is only open to people who use social media??
Mike the Dagger

Yes. It's the club trying to piss as many fans off as it can again as it has all got a bit quiet recently.

That or they havn't put it up on the website yet.

One of those.
dagger4eva

Obviously depends on the final outcome but I'd tend to agree that more money would probably be generated by opening it up as a raffle at say £20 a pop. More likely to get a larger participation from the overall fanbase as it's clearly more affordable to many rather than the £500+

Nevertheless a fantastic and creative idea - hope it works out well.

Just a quickie - I've heard from a couple of people that the crowd was likely to be capped at around the 5k mark for safety reasons. Is there any truth in this?
Daggernewbie

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:53 am Yes. It's the club trying to piss as many fans off as it can again as it has all got a bit quiet recently.

That or they havn't put it up on the website yet.

One of those.
It`s only on Facebook at the moment.
Last edited by Daggernewbie on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
daggersjeff

Errrr DN...... that's why I asked the question

:banghead:
Daggernewbie

daggersjeff wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:15 am Errrr DN...... that's why I asked the question

:banghead:
Oops misread :innocent:
Daggernewbie

I`ve emailed the club asking why they made it an auction,now to wait and see if they reply will let you know.
BB-Dagger

I don’t do Facebook but When they say be the manager are you sure they don’t mean the bar manager or shop manager! :lol:
daggerfirst

I bet they want Hop Off Hopkins to bid half a million squid :coin:
BarkingRambo

I take it the reason its an auction is so it definitely achieves a good price. The club are probably worried not many people will take part in the raffle and it ends up making nothing. That or because of the randomness of a raffle they are worried one of the anti Thommo brigade will win and use the opportunity to get the North Korean flag out in the home dugout.

They wouldn't say what it was but there was a reserve on the signed club ball as well to ensure it made an acceptable amount before they let it go.
Daggernewbie

BarkingRambo wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:45 am I take it the reason its an auction is so it definitely achieves a good price. The club are probably worried not many people will take part in the raffle and it ends up making nothing. That or because of the randomness of a raffle they are worried one of the anti Thommo brigade will win and use the opportunity to get the North Korean flag out in the home dugout.

They wouldn't say what it was but there was a reserve on the signed club ball as well to ensure it made an acceptable amount before they let it go.
It only takes 20 supporters to make £500 a 100 makes £2,500 we have to see hat the winning bid is to make the final judgement and why bring the flags into it ?
BarkingRambo

I'm not bringing the flags up for a row. Just saying they can keep an eye on who is bidding for it to ensure it won't end up as backlash against the club. They could have put the chance to be manager on ebay and let anyone bid on it there (as they are currently doing with the ball and the bids for that are currently well on the way to 500 quid) but instead they want all bids privately emailed to them. My thought is so they can monitor who is going for it to check they are not people who have been banned from the club for things such as the flags.
Mike the Dagger

Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:15 pmwhy bring the flags into it ?
Touchy much??
Daggernewbie

BarkingRambo wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:25 pm I'm not bringing the flags up for a row. Just saying they can keep an eye on who is bidding for it to ensure it won't end up as backlash against the club. They could have put the chance to be manager on ebay and let anyone bid on it there (as they are currently doing with the ball and the bids for that are currently well on the way to 500 quid) but instead they want all bids privately emailed to them. My thought is so they can monitor who is going for it to check they are not people who have been banned from the club for things such as the flags.
Fair enough but the club know who`s been banned so that`s no problem. I can`t afford to bid £500+ for the chance to be manager but would be able to buy a couple of raffle tickets and how many other supporters feel left out because of the cost.They want us to help save the Daggers so open it up for a raffle and make us feel we are involved in saving the club and not auction it for the few who can afford it.