Monday morning moan

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

I know everyone has busy lives

I know the quality of Saturdays game wasnt great (in the slightest)
BUT

Having just stolen a 1-0 win over Oxford United, the majority of our massive 1300 home crowd (sarcasm) couldnt get themselves out of the ground at full time quick enough. By the time the players had a quick huddle n started their "lap of honour" there was just a handful of people left to give them some applause.

The "support" given during the 90 minutes is below par to say the least, id have thought the fans wpuld at least hold back a couple of mins to give right & due applause after a win.
Its not as though crowd & traffic congestion is exactly going to hold anyone up.
Anyway just wantes to get that out there!
matt_drfc

Basically, if they are walking round at the same time I am going out, I will clap whilst walking, if they aren't walking round, I carry on walking.
Phippo

dagger4eva wrote:I know everyone has busy lives

I know the quality of Saturdays game wasnt great (in the slightest)
BUT

Having just stolen a 1-0 win over Oxford United, the majority of our massive 1300 home crowd (sarcasm) couldnt get themselves out of the ground at full time quick enough. By the time the players had a quick huddle n started their "lap of honour" there was just a handful of people left to give them some applause.

The "support" given during the 90 minutes is below par to say the least, id have thought the fans wpuld at least hold back a couple of mins to give right & due applause after a win.Its not as though crowd & traffic congestion is exactly going to hold anyone up.
Anyway just wantes to get that out there!
Surely the applause should be more about "thanks for a good performance" ? I have stayed and given rousing applause after many a defeat due to an effort put in by the players, but I admit to occasioally not applauding what I consider dire efforts. I am not a subscirber to an ex managers insistance that (for example) "if you are a supporter you would watch whatever team is put out" . I went to too many away games to places like Shrewbury (for a Johnsons Paint trophy tie in midweek) only to watch a much weakened team taken apart.
ARNU

I always hang around for the big clap.Occasionally hang around for a bit of a boo as well(Only rarely though,never booed a Wayne Burnett team yet although left in disgust once or twice I think)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

I just thought it was odd that after a WIN - probably 75% of the crowd had evacuated the stadium.

I get it wasnt a particularly "good performance" but we had just beaten Oxford, for the 1st time ever at home and kept our playoff hopes alive in the process.

For a home crowd to give a tiny ripple of applause at the full time whistle and disappear immediately out of the ground just befits exactly the kind of 'support' the team get during the game itself. :roll: