When will everyone stop nit picking etc. and move forward ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Dr Monkatron wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:55 am I’m not a member of the Supporters Club but Russell told me the member figures when he came in for the podcast. And he didn’t say that these figures should be kept private so don’t see what the big deal is. But I think telling fellow supporters that this simple question is “none of their business” isn’t a particularly good stance to take in moving forward. Giving out info on how much they’ve donated to the club I can understand keeping quiet but not the actual member numbers.

This is a genuine question as I’m not a member so I do not know what the Supporters Club ethos is. Do they represent only their members or do they represent all Daggers supporters?
Some of the committee felt it was not a good idea so I gave them an answer but like always they just keep on going so saying none of your business in hindsight was wrong and I apologise to NickMurphy for saying it, as I said they can join the supporters club and get all the details they want from the last AGM in post before the next AGM and we will help members/non members if they ask depending on what help they want.
NickMurphy

Daggernewbie wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:38 am
NickMurphy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:54 pm I don't quite see why the SC membership would be privileged information. It's hardly a big deal. Just a simple question.
If it`s not a big deal why does everyone go on about it ?
You're right, it's not a big deal. If you don't tell us, I won't lose any sleep over it. I'd just like to know out of curiosity.

If it was low, I'd consider signing up because for whatever anyone's opinion is on the SC, they do a good job on the coaches if nothing else and anything to help that should be encouraged. Taking such an abrasive approach helps no-one.
Mike the Dagger

So to clarify, the Supporters Club have decided that they don't want to answer some very basic questions from supporters who are not members for no particular reason. Correct??

Can you tell me why there has been no reply to the letter from Dave Bennett to the Supporters Club dated 8th September 2017 despite a couple of nudges since? See below.

Image.

We know that they are "100pct committed to helping the club in any way" because they say so, yet they appear to have done very little to demonstrate this for a while.
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lupins

The how many members are there is such a harmless question it is incredulous that this cant be answered one would wonder is it just 50 for cheap travel

But another question with regard to stopping the nit picking and moving forward plan is are there any members of the Supporters Club and more importantly any Committee members that are involved with Facebook groups. One of which managed to have yet another pretty offensive comment on it over the weekend

It would be moving forward if much of that was toned down but hey its social media and everyone is fair game its just banter