When will everyone stop nit picking etc. and move forward ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

The answer he got from the Supporters Club committee was probably close to what he gave you. Membership of any organisation is normally closed shop for the sort of info you are asking for.
Have you also asked Steve Thompson for a copy of the football clubs latest balance sheet?
If it that vital you need the info then join the Supporters Club.
dagger4eva

Care to enlighten everyone why you want to know these figures?

Im sure you wont be evasive and will be pleased to let us all know why...

Alternatively, Russell Elms' number is very readily available - you could always call him and ask - or perhaps pop into the SC office where he can be found at every single game. Just a thought.
Alan

Funny how straightforward questions as to how many members the supporters club has and whether it’s made a donation to the club suddenly becomes a conspiracy theory.

DI Dashwood made the point that the supporters club don’t speak for the majority of the supporters and raised the question as to how many of the 1,000 regulars are members. I repeated it.

In the podcast Russell said that when Garry Hill left and the club were in the shit, the supporters club had agreed there was no point having money in the bank but no club and and made a donation. He was silent as to whether any such donation had been made this time - it’s a reasonable question to ask whether they had or could do the same.

There. Not evasive. Perfectly straightforward.
ThatRoundThing

FFS. You are not a member of the Supporters Club therefore you are not privy to such info. Straight forward.
Daggernewbie has stated that the Supporters Club are making a donation towards costs of the West Ham game. I would presume there was a delay whilst the Supporters Club arranged a date that Committee members could arrange a meeting to discuss the matter. In any case once again the amount of the donation should remain exclusive to Members. It is a rightful privilege of members only in my view.
But feel free to carry on with your conspiracy theory, keeps some of us amused at least.
Alan

What conspiracy theory?
Daggernewbie

Alan wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:01 pm What conspiracy theory?
This conspiracy theory you said it " Funny how straightforward questions as to how many members the supporters club has and whether it’s made a donation to the club suddenly becomes a conspiracy theory."
ThatRoundThing

Correct me if I’m wrong but you seem to be suggesting in your posts that the Supporters Club are being evasive about their membership numbers, funds available and if a donation will be made.
Question number three has been answered, the other two I would expect to remain priveleged information to members only, and quite rightly so.
Maybe your posts may have been tinged with an agenda to discredit the Supporters Club committee and it’s members.
As people have said before, what’s done is done, blame for the club’s situation has been done to death with no one coming out with much credit.
As suggested you could go to the Supporters Club office, introduce yourself and ask your questions to them, rather than on a forum.
NickMurphy

I don't quite see why the SC membership would be privileged information. It's hardly a big deal. Just a simple question.
Daggernewbie

NickMurphy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:54 pm I don't quite see why the SC membership would be privileged information. It's hardly a big deal. Just a simple question.
If it`s not a big deal why does everyone go on about it ?
daggerfirst

NickMurphy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:54 pm I don't quite see why the SC membership would be privileged information. It's hardly a big deal. Just a simple question.
Agree with this.
Two simple questions have been asked and two
simple answers are required. No big deal.
daggerfirst

Daggernewbie wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:38 am
It has now become a big deal because you won’t answer the questions. Theirs a game today. Can we have the answers by tonight.
Sagres

Daggernewbie wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:26 pm Right the answer to you about membership numbers if you are a supporters club member you have all the information you need in the AGM packs you get every year and as we had a couple of requests from the club they needed to be discussed by the committee and we agreed to help the club out with some of the costs of the West Ham fund raising game.
You should have been a politician – I am a member of the supporter’s club and have been for many years, I have not kept the paperwork & minutes from previous years so do not know the membership numbers but will study the AGM pack a lot closer this year when it comes out in July.
I understand the Stewards & Turnstile staff are giving up their wages to help towards the costs of the game also.
Daggernewbie

daggerfirst wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:02 am
Daggernewbie wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:38 am
It has now become a big deal because you won’t answer the questions. Theirs a game today. Can we have the answers by tonight.
The simple answer is it`s none of your business if you are a member of the supporters club you have the details if not join and you will get the numbers before the next AGM.
Alan

That’s a different note to your previous post on the topic, which suggested you were waiting for numbers.
Daggernewbie wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:50 am
Alan wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:27 am Daggernewbie:you’ve misread Mike’s post. It referred to individuals making up their minds.

Still no reply to my question about membership numbers and donations.
Oh Ok as for your question I will answer it as soon as I get the answers I`ve asked Russell for like the membership numbers OK
Someone with a greater sense of irony and money to throw away would probably be in their way to get a North Korean Supporters Club flag made!
Dr Monkatron

I’m not a member of the Supporters Club but Russell told me the member figures when he came in for the podcast. And he didn’t say that these figures should be kept private so don’t see what the big deal is. But I think telling fellow supporters that this simple question is “none of their business” isn’t a particularly good stance to take in moving forward. Giving out info on how much they’ve donated to the club I can understand keeping quiet but not the actual member numbers.

This is a genuine question as I’m not a member so I do not know what the Supporters Club ethos is. Do they represent only their members or do they represent all Daggers supporters?