Dover (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

So with us all presumably still on a high from Saturday we have a chance to build on our improved displays recently as we head to Dover tonight. Will obviously be a tough game but if we can match the spirit we showed at Torquay then we have every chance of getting something. Team and score predictions?

Cousins
Howells
Pennell
Robson
Nunn
Sparkes
Adams
Robinson
Howell
Okenabirhie
Cheek

Dover 2 Daggers 2 (Fejiri, Sparkes)
Attendance: 1301 with 78 Daggers
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
dagger4eva

Torquay may be naff BUT you can only beat whats infront of you.

Injuries aside, we must go with the very same starting 11.

Will be a considerably harder game tonight and I'm sure they'll be desperate to bounce back from their loss to Solihull on Saturday.

Stat of the day: Another 3-0 win for us tonight would see us jump above Dover (currently in 9th) on goals scored.
daggersjeff

Any team news yet?
dagger4eva

Live commentary available again for those not going.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/42952395
Dagdale

boys are down 1-0, would you believe it Pinnock back to goal overhead kick!
A S dagger97

Dagdale wrote:boys are down 1-0, would you believe it Pinnock back to goal overhead kick!
Sounded like a wonder goal leaving Cousins with no chance. Unlucky lads
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
dagger4eva

3rd particularly decent performance in a row with just the 3 points to show for it.

Gives promise and hope for the rest of the season mind you.
RM1Dagger

First half not much in it, separated by the goal which was a bit of a fluke. Bossed it second half but couldn't make a clear cut chance. I thought Cheek was excellent when he came on and started to make things happen and give their defence much more to deal with than Bloomfield. I don't know if he's not fully fit but I think we might have nicked a goal with him in from the start. We definitely deserved something from the game...
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

The first half was very even apart from the goal which was either luck or skill, there was a huge post in the way so could not see the contact but it looped in. Second half we come out and went for it, only chance Dover had were all on the break. Cheek came on and was superb, was running the show for the rest of the half and was unlucky not to score.

Our fans were simply fantastic, the whole of the second half non stop singing with the lads putting the effort in on the pitch. Need to carry this on for the rest of the season.

Why the coach driver decided to use the already closed M20 after the game I will never know :banghead:
Lcbdagger

Text message from a Dover supporting ex-University colleague at half time said "absolute goal of the season contender will win any match at any level"... closely followed by "or a complete fluke, I can't decide".

Either way season is now officially a write off as long as we stay up so confident enough in the reports of the performances again. We're more compact at the back at the very least which is pleasing as I really didn't think Nunn or Pennell would be the answer to stop the goals going in
Diggerthedog

Nunn is a very good full back, certainly better at defending than Ling. Glad he is now given a run off games. Was Boreham Woods player of the season for two years running.

Pennell also doing weal, good to see him fit.
NickMurphy

Nothing Cousins could do about that overhead-kick.

Thought we played well overall, nothing spectacular but probably deserved to get a draw out of the game, especially after we had one cleared off the line at the end. Cheek equipped himself well came on and Bloomfield did ok, although I maintain that he's not really ready to play at this level yet.

There's still an outside chance of the play-offs if we win our next two but I think we'll end up drifting to an 11th place finish in all likelihood.
daggersjeff

With a 10 point deficit to 6th place, and only 12 games to go, I think it will be a major achievement if we manage to make the play offs.

I don't think that will stop them giving it ago though, particularly after the last 3 performances.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Great effort again.

Dreadful pitch that if not dangerous can not be far off it.

Convinced the Keeper is not 100% fit, Saturday he was being medicated during the game and he looked in discomfort again last night.

Mason is not ready to do the job we have asked the last two games , simple as. The lads effort is first class but he needs help up there. Cheek made a hell of a diffrence and we looked a far bigger threat when he came on.

Robson and "that left back" were imense in the Centre of our defence. Did we really ever need Lokko. We could have saved a few bob, a few conceaded goals , Penaltys and a suspension if we had beleived what we saw at Bristol Rovers two seasons ago, oh ok he has been injured so I guess we perhaps did .

Luke Howell can now join the Dagger legend Club as far as I am concearned, seldom brilliant and seldom poor but if you wanted to show any of those Youngsters what being a Dagger is all about then have we got any better example ? thought his work rate, desire and effort was once again first class.

So the Stars have departed and left us depleted but after the last three games to say the heart has been ripped out of our team is a total myth.

Well done lads you done us proud and so did the Supporters who made a hell of a noise.
Dagger85

Did anybody hear what the official attendance of Daggers down at the crabble on Tuesday night was?
we made one hell of a racket though... great support!!
Hopefully more of the same against Chester this Saturday!