Darragh MacAnthony

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger85

Just seen on twitter that Darragh MacAnthony the Peterborough Utd owner has showed an interest in The Daggers, after hearing about our financial problems... he described us as “Great club with such pedigree for lower league talent & recruitment” and has asked for the correct people to contact as he is “happy to take a look at things”

He later tweeted about the prospect of being a major shareholder up until the point if Daggers were ever to make it back into the football league someday (wishful thinking) then he would hand over the reins to “somebody trustworthy” due to the FL ‘s rules of being a majority shareholder in more than one football club.

.... make of it what you will, but it’s nice to know some people are sitting up and taking notice at least.
Dagger83

The guy has always annoyed me because the way he conducts himself in the media but he does seem like a really genuine bloke and has done wonders for Peterborough. We could do a lot worse. It would mean the conveyor belt up the A1 will be started up again mind...
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
dagger4eva

Tut tut tut - more speculation ... this wont be tolerated!
Last edited by dagger4eva on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Romford Dagger

Hopefully there won’t be protests about him before he’s even had a chance to do anything.

Thommo should contact him ASAP to see if he’s genuine. If he is, as he’s well known to not be a bullsh1tter with his cash as proved by his time at Peterborough, accept anything he offers.
The Romford Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Admin: can we please have this thread deleted

Totally out of order to post such speculation

You joke about that, but I wouldn’t be suprised if this thread is gone by tomorrow in case it makes Lord Hopkins upset seeing he’s not needed anymore.
Gravy

****** hopkin and his shit business his car company can go bust teach the bald bastard how it feels
ARNU

Gotta be encouraging news.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagenham92

Good stuff.

The sooner the ALLEGED 100% honest car salesman goes the better.
daggersjeff

Good News! This may or may not been one of the parties that the Statement referred to.
If it is, at least he has a track record!
BB-Dagger

Dagger85 wrote:Just seen on twitter that Darragh MacAnthony the Peterborough Utd owner has showed an interest in The Daggers, after hearing about our financial problems... he described us as “Great club with such pedigree for lower league talent & recruitment” and has asked for the correct people to contact as he is “happy to take a look at things”

He later tweeted about the prospect of being a major shareholder up until the point if Daggers were ever to make it back into the football league someday (wishful thinking) then he would hand over the reins to “somebody trustworthy” due to the FL ‘s rules of being a majority shareholder in more than one football club.

.... make of it what you will, but it’s nice to know some people are sitting up and taking notice at least.
Unfortunately this appears to be total 80llocks, if an M.D. or director of any football club doesn’t know how or who to contact at another club then he is NFG at his job! End of... find another straw to clutch on
DevonDagger

BB-Dagger wrote:
Dagger85 wrote:Just seen on twitter that Darragh MacAnthony the Peterborough Utd owner has showed an interest in The Daggers, after hearing about our financial problems... he described us as “Great club with such pedigree for lower league talent & recruitment” and has asked for the correct people to contact as he is “happy to take a look at things”

Unfortunately this appears to be total 80llocks, if an M.D. or director of any football club doesn’t know how or who to contact at another club then he is NFG at his job! End of... find another straw to clutch on
I wouldn't like to say whether it's genuine or not, but I must admit this is the part I found bizarre, fairly sure I'd remember the guy I gave £750k to for Dwight Gayle :uhoh:
BB-Dagger

DevonDagger wrote:
BB-Dagger wrote:

I wouldn't like to say whether it's genuine or not, but I must admit this is the part I found bizarre, fairly sure I'd remember the guy I gave £750k to for Dwight Gayle :uhoh:
Egfuckinzacktly ha ha
Lcbdagger

Can't see this going anywhere. Gives the impression there are those interested though so all good
NickMurphy

The Romford Dagger wrote:Hopefully there won’t be protests about him before he’s even had a chance to do anything.
Why would there be?
TommyD&R

Just been through his twitter. It’s just all fans asking if he’d like to invest in their club and him saying yes. So far he’s interested in St. Pats, Dagenham, Hartlepool, York, Leeds, Coventry, MLS and Harchester United