Darragh MacAnthony

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Coydagger

From how Mr MacAnthony was talking from his own investment perspective and ideas, it very much seemed like we would be used as a hotbed of non league talent who would obviously be moved onto Posh once they make the grade at National League. I think this would make Daggers start being run at a sustainable level with hungry non league talent who aren't costing the world in wages whilst being looked after by Mr MacAnthony and Posh.

I think if all was viable this could be very good for Daggers and a good deal for Posh. Two teams working this closely together I don't think has been done before but could bring a new way of working to help clubs lower down the football pyramid.

And of course, at some point we may stumble across a squad who takes the league by storm again ;-) despite some of their most exciting players leaving for Posh halfway through the season!
Lcbdagger

If Posh took one of our players each year then we A) get some money and B) have presumably had said player tearing up the league for a minimum of half a season and putting us in a good position... Can't begrudge them that option if funding is coming our way considering Gayle went for tons of money in to the Premier League and CMS got International accolades (however briefly). Theres every chance we can give them a Dom Green or Blackett of the future who gets some money and doesn't lead anywhere...

Wouldn't argue if they gave us two or three Loan youngsters each year too :beach:
NickMurphy

The Romford Dagger wrote:
NickMurphy wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:
Why would there be?

It happened with Tamplin
Ohhhhh, I understand. You made a baseless comparison, thanks for clearing that up.[/quote]

Hardly. Someone new shows an interest in the club and there was protests against him.

Now someone else new has shown an interest in the club so hopefully there won’t be more protests.

Valid argument I think[/quote]

There were protests against Tamplin because of what people rightly or wrongly dug up about him.

MacAnthony doesn't have any skeletons in the closet that anyone has been able to find or are in the public domain.

What I'll add is that while I'm not averse to MacAnthony, if he did invest and we did sell a player to Posh in the time he was here, regardless of whether it was above board or not the knives would be well and truly out for him.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Forget it his about to employ Steve Evans
DevonDagger

Think we all know this is and perhaps always was dead, but Darragh MacAnthony addresses this briefly on a Periscope interview:

It's a 30-odd minute long thing, so feel free to skip to around the 25:30 mark.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1yoKMVeRWVoGQ